TerraEarth Forums

There aren't enough psyduck emotes in the world for this one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:30 pm   Post subject: There aren't enough psyduck emotes in the world for this one Reply with quote

WWE in a crossover movie with Scooby-Doo

What it says on the tin. I'm almost curious why we don't have a Psyduck emote for this because seriously. For me it's very much weird. I never watched WWE or WWF, so yeah.

DISCUSS.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
movie where Scooby-Doo and Mystery Incorporated go to WrestleMania to team up with the WWE Superstars and fight a ghost bear

Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:03 am   Post subject: Re: There aren't enough psyduck emotes in the world for this Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
WWE in a crossover movie with Scooby-Doo

What it says on the tin. I'm almost curious why we don't have a Psyduck emote for this because seriously. For me it's very much weird. I never watched WWE or WWF, so yeah.

DISCUSS.

This is yet another attempt by the powers that be at WWE to make it more "kid friendly..." in attempt to help Vince McMahon's wife, Linda, to win her senate bid in a few months. They've gone away from the money making "attitude era," which included DX, Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock, to John Cena, who in my opinion (And most older wrestling fans) is a joke. John Cena does Scooby Doo and Fred: The Movie... Stone Cold does Celebrity Deathmatch and The Expendables.

If you knew some of the more horrific storylines from a few years ago... including an allusion to necrophilia- you probably wouldn't want to vote anyone associated with WWE into office. But now, hey, we work with kid movies! More likely.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:49 am   Post subject: Re: There aren't enough psyduck emotes in the world for this Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
More likely.

Doubtful. However they try to lighten their image, the name "McMahon" will always be associated with wrestling, and wrestling will always have a certain stigma associated with it.

Most of it is probably unfair. It's ascribed by people who don't really know anything about the business, or the company, or the people involved. But try telling that to Average-Joe-Voter.

So I seriously doubt, even with their family-friendly image, that Linda will ever be elected to anything.

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:43 pm   Post subject: Re: There aren't enough psyduck emotes in the world for this Reply with quote

Freedan wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:
More likely.

Doubtful. However they try to lighten their image, the name "McMahon" will always be associated with wrestling, and wrestling will always have a certain stigma associated with it.

Most of it is probably unfair. It's ascribed by people who don't really know anything about the business, or the company, or the people involved. But try telling that to Average-Joe-Voter.

So I seriously doubt, even with their family-friendly image, that Linda will ever be elected to anything.

I think it might be possible for her to win... had they not done that Katie Vick story with Triple H and Kane. Some of her opponents used that as ammunition against her during her senate bid, and that might have been a contributing factor into her loss. Or maybe the storyline where she was a vegetable and Vince was running around making out with Trish Strattus in front of her. Who knows, there's a million of events like this I can't even remember.

While I totally agree that there is absolutely a stigma surrounding wrestling to some degree... it didn't stop Jesse Ventura from running or winning his senate seat. It might be possible that Linda could win, given it's her home state and all... but with two decades of wrestling and some tasteless stories, her opponents have enough ammunition to stop that from ever happening. It already happened once.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: