TerraEarth Forums

Neil/Will Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Entellus
Level 2: Whisp

Gems 36

PostEntellus Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:27 am   Post subject: Neil/Will Question Reply with quote

How exactly are Will and Neil related? It's established that they're cousins, but not much info is given on which side of the family they're related by.

My best guess is that Neil's father is the brother of Will's mother. The two pieces of evidence that lead me to this are:

1) Lola's letter indicates that she and Bill keep in touch with Neil. It'd make the most sense that they do this if Neil is their grandson as well.

2) The flower spirit of Itory Village tells Will that Shira was the only daughter of Bill & Lola.
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i've wondered about that before. there's no mention if either shira or olman had a sibling who produced neil. it's said shira was from itory village, so Will's family would probably be of incan descent (like lilly.) always assumed neil was.

Neil might come from olman's side of the family in case he's not biological to bill and lola since shira's apparently their only child. he never shows psychic tendencies like lola and instead has a knack for inventions, which sounds closer to olman. neil's parents were also presidents of the rolek company so it can be concluded one of them is probably a sibling of will's dad, or along the lines of your statement, lola or bill had a brother.

im probably reading too much into this. your theory sounds more likely as it has more proof XD
Entellus

Gems 36

PostEntellus Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a tough question. My evidence supporting my theory is purely circumstantial and relies on assumptions that might not be true, especially because they come from an English translation which I've heard doesn't always convey exactly what the original writers intended.

"Have you been OK? Neil told us that he was in Dao, so I'm sending this letter."

I cited that as evidence that Neil was related to Bill/Lola, but even if Neil was from Olman's side, he would still keep in touch with them since they're Will's guardians. I also think that the elder's "only daughter" line also implies only child.

I used to think that Rolek was Neil's last name, but after my most recent playthrough, I realize they never actually connect the company's name to the family name.

Anyhow, I've now flipped sides, and I think Neil is from Will's father's side.
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So I played a good chunk of it yesterday. The village elder outright says Olman could get through the barrier, and that he was 'unusual.' My guess is out the window >w>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: