TerraEarth Forums

Keep Calm And Don't Get Pneumonia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:12 pm   Post subject: Keep Calm And Don't Get Pneumonia Reply with quote

Yes folks, i am currently suffering from... Well actially im just about over...
PNEUMONIA.

This disease known as the "old mans friend" because of is lethality in the elderly is easily the worst, worst, worst thing ive ever been through. I had more energy after my appendectomy, i kid you not.

Imagine, and this is no hyperbole:

You dont fall alseep. You pass out, when youre tired of coughing. Youre freezing so you wrap up in blankets but you wake up covered in sweat a few hours later. Your nights are broken between endless coughing, headaches and backaches.

The antibiotics? They make you puke. The inhaler? Doesn't do jack. Your mind is swimming and your ears ring. Your heart is racing at around 116 bpm resting. Your chest feels like Mola Ram is ripping your damn spine out.

You have no appetite, but you force yourself to eat small token meals. You drink water, though bottle after bottle just to maybe wash down the itching sensation in your throat and chest that makes you cough.

All of these words really dont do it justice, its a bitch of a disease. Dont catch it. If you are coughing for more than 5 days see a freaking doctor and dont let them tell you its just bronchitis if you also have flulike syptoms.

Edit: And i must point of, if id listened to my lovely fiance, GloomyGurl, i wouldn't have caught this.

MEN, LISTEN TO YOUR WOMEN! THEY ARE ALWAYS RIGHT!
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught it in grade school. That was certainly a fun week.

Glad you're getting better. No one deserves to be in that situation.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:02 am   Post subject: Re: Keep Calm And Don't Get Pneumonia Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:

MEN, LISTEN TO YOUR WOMEN! THEY ARE ALWAYS RIGHT!

you learned it the hard way Very Happy get well soon!
Level 3: Cadet

Gems 110

Postgeekgirl101 Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless coughing can also be the symptoms of lung cancer. If after a few days you don't feel any benefit from cough mixture and flu remedies and the symptoms are getting worse, see a doctor. Don't get too paranoid though, it may be something as simple as bronchitis or a chest infection that needs standard antibiotics, but if these don't improve your condition and it is still getting worse then you need to have some proper tests done to find out whether it is more serious than just a common infection.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its been several months and i'm happy to say the antibiotics took care of it, lol.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got over a bout of walking pneumonia myself. While not as bad as what you had, it was still pretty miserable.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
geekgirl101

Gems 110

Postgeekgirl101 Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no idea how they treat it now, but decades ago my mother had pneumonia and it caused one of her lungs to get filled with fluid and the other lung was starting to fill up. She said she had nurses regularly hitting her back hard to get the fluid out of her lungs and it left her chest and back very sore and her back bruised. If they didn't get as much of the fluid out of either lung it could've resulted in her drowning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: