TerraEarth Forums

Quintet Appreciation Project, Submit your work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thisearthenwomb
Level 1: Huball

Level 1: Huball

Gems 47

Postthisearthenwomb Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:24 pm   Post subject: Quintet Appreciation Project, Submit your work Reply with quote

Quintet Appreciation Project

Hello all, my name is Tyler, & I'm putting together a project, to express to former members of quintet, our lasting appreciation for their work, specifically, the Soul Blazer Trilogy. This is not necessarily a plea for them to reunite, even though that would be nice, but this is just simply to show them how they have touched us, and continue to touch us almost twenty years later.

I will be collecting, from anyone who chooses to involve themselves, any form of fan made materials you have. This could be music, Artwork, fan fiction, games you've made based off the series, or anything else. I am currently building a very large game, which is a prequel to Illusion Of Gaia, called "Ishtars Brush", and once It is finished, alongside its release, i will be sending all materials i have acquired to various former-members of Quintet. I will pay for all of this, all I need from you, is anything you have created, inspired by these games.

Anything you would like to have sent to them, E-mail it to me at Thisearthenwomb@gmail.com

I'm really hoping to make this a huge success. I'm aiming to get about 3-4 cd's worth of music, and about 100-300 pieces of art.

Please contribute. The more material we can get together, the more of an outcome that may come from this.

Thank you for reading, -Tyler Kennedy
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically Quintet still exists in Japan - they only do minor things in games now (like here they did some special effects in Ar tonelico) instead of actually create games with Enix. But I like this idea loads Very Happy I'm not sure how much I can contribute, but I can pass it along on facebook and all.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
cleeem
Level 3: Cadet

Gems 65

Postcleeem Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I didn't know that Quintet still existed somewhere. It's very nice to find out. Smile

The list of all the games they have fully made is available here:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/company/13084-quintet
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cleeem wrote:
Thank you! I didn't know that Quintet still existed somewhere. It's very nice to find out. Smile

The list of all the games they have fully made is available here:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/company/13084-quintet

I'm not sure if that is still true, seven years later lol. Any input on that inferiare?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
cleeem

Gems 65

Postcleeem Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamefaqs is a huge information base with credits for all games made at any time for all systems. They always update everything.
But if by chance Quintet has made more games since 1999, I would really like to know. Wink
It is commonly accepted that they haven't been making complete video games for a long time.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

They help on them! They helped out on Ar tonelico, but I think they mainly just do work like that and haven't done their own thing in a looooong time.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
They help on them! They helped out on Ar tonelico, but I think they mainly just do work like that and haven't done their own thing in a looooong time.

I remember your passion for that series. That's another one I need to look into more. Cool

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
inferiare wrote:

I remember your passion for that series. That's another one I need to look into more. Cool

Oh, I still love it. They're harder to find now that they're old ps2 games (and kind of expensive) BUT one of my favourite SA LPers has them on the LP Archive: Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia, Ar tonelico: Melody of Metafalica (and the best one imo, despite its... localization issues), and Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel. I don't think the prequel, Ar nosurge, is up on the archive yet, but if SA's paywall is down, you can probably read it here. It's best viewed AFTER seeing the three Ar tonelico games though, as a lot more will make a hell of a lot more sense. There's a translation project for Ciel nosurge, which came before Ar nosurge, but it was never released here in the US (I'm hoping that changes since Ciel/Ar is getting a DX release for newer consoles in Japan soon, GUST/KT COME THROUGH FOR A US RELEASE I SWEAR TO GOD) but there's a YT playlist for the story, special events, and songs here. Knowing the story of Ciel nosurge will make soooo much more sense for Ar nosurge when you get there.

Hi yes the EXA_PICO/. universe is still one of my absolute favourites. Amazing worldbuilding and stories, some questionable gameplay, but overall incredibly solid.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: