TerraEarth Forums

Skiing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:42 pm   Post subject: Skiing Reply with quote

I learned it this year while on vacation in Austria. It's pretty easy to learn, but seems hard to master (especially when you see kids driving way better than your 28 year old self Very Happy ). And it was a lot of fun, the whole cultural things with sitting outside of alpin huts while drinking a beer in the sun is pretty awesome.

Anyone else here likes skiing? When did you learn it?

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been skiing all of 4 times or so, all in the last 2-3 years. I can do blue runs without much incident, but not much more than that.

This ski season was quite bad in the US, so I didn't go.

It is somewhat interesting seeing kids half your age tear up the slopes with more proficiency than you'll get in the next few years, isn't it?
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
I've been skiing all of 4 times or so, all in the last 2-3 years. I can do blue runs without much incident, but not much more than that.

This ski season was quite bad in the US, so I didn't go.

It is somewhat interesting seeing kids half your age tear up the slopes with more proficiency than you'll get in the next few years, isn't it?

Indeed, I guess their big advantage is that they just aren't afraid Very Happy

I went red/black ones from the third day on. Only problem is that I can't break and use up a lot if space because I go down as fast as I can. I kissed the snow dozens of times, my ass and sides were all bruised to the point I didn't know in which position to sleep at night Very Happy ricked my left feet the last day and my left middlefinger from all the tumbling - still worth it! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: