TerraEarth Forums

Let's Talk About E3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:19 pm   Post subject: Let's Talk About E3 Reply with quote

Okay, so anybody who is friends with Tay on Facebook has been getting a pretty good play-by-play from him. Allow me to share the things that matter to me.

1. XBOX ONE FUCKING SUCKS

Just venting. Between the Used Games policy which I could actually tolerate slightly, the constant online (whether they call it that or not) and the ridiculous pricetag in comparison to other new-gen consoles, I may no longer be an XBOX fanboy. The only decent trailer for an exclusive IP they had was Halo 5 and that trailer is what I like to refer to as "Mobile Suit Master Chief", so I'm curious about whether or not I'll like it. I think my policy on that will be to let my rich friend buy the console and game and I'll play it with him.

2. PS4 OWNED XBOX

The "How To Share Used Games" Video floored me. That was freaking amazing.

3. KINGDOM HEARTS 3: ABOUT TIME!

Yeah, I'm pretty excited, but let's face it, I doubt I'll have any idea what the hell is going on. For one thing I didn't play Chain of Memories between 1 and 2 and that resulted in me missing out some details. Between 2 and 3 (as the video was so excited to remind us) There was 358/2 Days, Re:Coded, Dream Drop Distance, and Birth By Sleep (listed in the completely wrong order I know) and I, not owning a DS or patience, have played none of those either. So again, I'll be completely out of the loop, unless I decide to go the extra mile and not be (or more accurately look up the cutscenes and story summary for each game).

4. FINAL FANTASY GALORE

First they change Versus XIII to XV. Okay, I can deal with that. It doesn't seem to follow the XIII characters or story but yet is somehow related to the Fabula Nova Crystalis miniseries, but whatever. As for the gameplay footage, I was unimpressed. It looks like they took Battlefield and Assassin's Creed footage and reskinned it with Final Fantasy characters. The story didn't exactly engross me either. Then again, XIII surprised me, so maybe it'll be good.

And speaking XIII we also got some gameplay footage for Lightning Returns. That was pretty cool. I'm more excited about that than XV.

5. KEIFER SUTHERLAND AS SOLID SNAKE

My friend Brendan and I had a conversation about this. It went a little something like this.

Brendan: Keifer Sutherland as Solid Snake
Me: What?
Brendan: Keifer Sutherland is playing Snake in MGS5
Me: ...
Me: Otacon: Snake! Put Down That Heroin. Snake: I NEED IT!!!

Yeah... ideal casting there geniuses. I miss David Hayter. And I love Metal Gear Solid, but can't the series just die already? Peace Walker, Metal Gear Rising, Revenance, Revengance, Hokey Pokey, Metal Gear Solid: Too Old, Too Tedious. Too Old Too Tedious Outer Heaven Drift, Metal Gear Solid What's Under Naomi's Skirt?

Seriously... too many freaking games. Again, I know that's silly given that I also love Zelda and Final Fantasy, but you can't honestly be still dragging out the same storyline. As far as I'm concerned there are exactly 6 metal gear solid games worth playing. MGS, MGS2: Substance, MGS3: Subsistence, MGS4, MGS: VR Missions and MGS: Portable Ops.

I have Peace Walker thanks to my HD Edition of the games, but I have yet to play it.

So anything else appeal to you?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget Smash Bros 4 with Animal Crossing and Megaman. According to the teaser there is a 3DS version (spirit tracks stage ftw) and the Wii U version which looks amazing.

I forget anything else attention-grabbing. I'll come back later.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox One? More like NSABOX. Pretty sure Sony just sat back with popcorn during the M$ conference.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Level 10: Dark Bat

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I only followed Nintendo. Xbone is a joke... The PS4 is above my budget, and I'm limiting myself to one current-gen console anyways.

The revealed games were much like you would expect, the next 3D Mario, Mario Kart & Smash Bros. We finally got to see footage of Bayonetta 2, and a new trailer of Monolith Soft's X. The reveal of the previously unannounced Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was a nice surprise.

Super Mario 3D World resembles the 3DS game, and that's not a bad thing at all. I don't own a 3DS so I'm looking forward to playing it. The addition of multiplayer is the most distinct feature of 3D World, adding a whole new dimension to the series. I'm not sure if it's drop-in multiplayer, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it is.

Mario Kart 8 looks amazing. I'm not only talking about the wall/ceiling rides and the underwater/gliding segments, but the environments look infinitely more detailed than previous titles.

Super Smash Bros. U (working title) looks pretty much like brawl. According to reports, the head developer has stated that it will try to strike a balance between the hardcore style of Melee and the more casual style of Brawl. This is great, since I thought Brawl felt sluggish and too reliant on luck rather than skill. Three new characters have been revealed so far: Mega Man, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer. I'm excited about Mega Man, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by the other two additions. I mean, they could have added Shulk instead Razz Monadooo BUSTER!

Monolith Soft's X is easily the best looking game I've ever seen. The environments are huge and gorgeous, and I can't wait to waste my life on this game. This is the reason I decided to get a Wii U.

Bayonetta 2 looks great as well. I never played the first game, but I'm excited about this over-the-top action game. The dev was talking a lot about a stylus control scheme, but I hope this isn't the only control option.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was a pleasant surprise. It's the "secret" game that Retro Studios has been working on for a while. I was hoping for Metroid Prime 4, but this is just as good. I also think it's a good move by Nintendo, since the 3DS DKC game was released a while back, so this game may encourage some 3DS owners to get a Wii U as well. As for the game itself, it looks super. The level design is taken to another level with different camera angles. It still largely remains a 2D platformer, but the dynamic camera angles will definitely make the levels look a lot better.

There's also the Wind Waker remake. It's mostly just a graphics upgrade, plus some MiiVerse functionality and minor changes. Meh...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: