TerraEarth Forums

Feminism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
a real man can't get raped by a women. thinking like that puts you on one level with the feminists..

Tell that to any boy who was taken advantage of by a teacher or an authority figure.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
psychokind wrote:
a real man can't get raped by a women. thinking like that puts you on one level with the feminists..

Tell that to any boy who was taken advantage of by a teacher or an authority figure.

that's a boy, not a man.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:
psychokind wrote:

that's a boy, not a man.

Grown man with down syndrome getting abused by his caretaker?

Or hell just an intellectual who isnt built dating an athletic woman who decides to take advantage?

Edit: or what about a case where a woman points a gun at a man? Or a group of women rape a man (both have happened)

Rest in peace, old avatar.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
psychokind wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:
psychokind wrote:

that's a boy, not a man.

Grown man with down syndrome getting abused by his caretaker?

Or hell just an intellectual who isnt built dating an athletic woman who decides to take advantage?

Edit: or what about a case where a woman points a gun at a man? Or a group of women rape a man (both have happened)

down syndrom = no real man

athletic woman: get a grip, no athletic woman is as strong as a average man - and getting raped by a body-building woman seems kinda unrealistic

group of woman won't be able to rape you if you put up a good fight. if she points a gun at you i suggest doing then you're in the USA. and that means the woman is propably really fat, so maybe then you could call it rape Very Happy
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Slipping a roofie into a dude's drink? Women do it too.

Being a "real man" has nothing to do with it. Guys who say they were raped are likely to NOT be believed because "all guys want are sex! You can't rape a guy!" Men who want to abstain from sex because it goes against their religion, or perhaps they're celibate? They get forced into it.

Rape is, by definition:

"1.
the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.
statutory rape.
an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.
Archaic. the act of seizing and carrying off by force.
verb (used with object)
to force to have sexual intercourse.
to plunder (a place); despoil.
to seize, take, or carry off by force."

Whether or not it's a man or a woman doing the forcing, it is still rape. It doesn't matter if they're a "real man" or not compared to ANYONE'S standards, it's still wrong to do so.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:
psychokind wrote:

that's a boy, not a man.

Regardless, saying that real men can't get raped simply isn't true. Women have drugged men in the past. Women in authority have used their position for sexual favors, just the same as men have.

There will always be extenuating circumstances, and being sexually assaulting isn't as always cut and dry as saying "a real man can't get raped by a woman." They can, and they have.

I would like you to read this story and tell me that a man can't be raped.

Can a Man Be Raped By A Woman?

The story behind it proves the uncomfortable situation a woman can put a man in. A pregnant woman forces herself upon a drunk man, and tells him if he stops her she will cry rape herself. A 19 year old Marine stuck in this situation, a "real man," as some might say, is raped by a 6 month along pregnant woman.

Given any situation, anyone, woman, man or child can rape anyone.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much; even better is that an anime even showed the same sort of situation (even if it's a huge gag anime for the most part.) The context: Kintaro is helping out a politician who has some Yakuza ties, and his daughter is his pride an joy. She thinks it's hilarious (as a high schooler) to make guys want her and then throws her daddy at them for even thinking to touch his precious daughter who is nothing short of an angel. Naoko tries this with Kintaro (who is 27) by acting like she needs help in school. She does everything to try to get him to touch her inappropriately, acts naive and dresses seductively. When he leaves his trusty notebook behind one night (as he has to sneak in because... well, dad is a gangster pretty much and would kill him for being in her room), Naoko finds it and reads it. When she does, this is the outcome. You better believe that this same thing can happen in real life to any guy.

Blackmail is a powerful tool used even against someone who thinks that they're a "real man" - especially when most men have been raised to know that hitting a woman is a Bad Thing and you shouldn't do it. What that is essentially showing is "I did this myself but who are they going to believe if you tell them that I did this to myself? You? Or the girl who is crying her eyes out and crying domestic violence?" Because of that stigma that only women can be rape victims, if a woman were to bring those false charges to court, and the jury ruled in her favour? An innocent man would be going to jail while his rapist went free, regardless if he's a "real man" or not.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Level 10: Dark Bat

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
I'm insecure about my own manliness and am therefore obsessed with trying to prove that I am manly.

You poor thing.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazermint wrote:
psychokind wrote:
I'm insecure about my own manliness and am therefore obsessed with trying to prove that I am manly.

You poor thing.

Is it bad I read that quote and actually went looking to see if he said that somewhere? Lol. I can't defend your joke though, funny as it may be, it is his opinion and he of course is entitled to it, whether I disagree with his take on this or not.

I did watch that video Raini, and while it was funny, it is also too true of what some people do. Crying rape happens alot, and has happened many times over the years. Hell, I remember watching a movie based on a true story where a daughter cried sexual abuse on her father, only to years later after he was in prison admitted lying about it, because her father wouldn't "let her do what she wanted to do."

People force themselves on other people all the time. Technically speaking, any time you have sex with an intoxicated person it can be considered rape, since someone who is past the legal limit is unable to give consent. That is the world we live in now unfortunately. Some food for thought...
This User Has Completed

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:

I did watch that video Raini, and while it was funny, it is also too true of what some people do. Crying rape happens alot, and has happened many times over the years. Hell, I remember watching a movie based on a true story where a daughter cried sexual abuse on her father, only to years later after he was in prison admitted lying about it, because her father wouldn't "let her do what she wanted to do."

And this reminds me a great deal of the South Park episode "Wacky Molestation Adventure"...

HE MOLESTERED ME!

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
psychokind wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:
psychokind wrote:

that's a boy, not a man.

Regardless, saying that real men can't get raped simply isn't true. Women have drugged men in the past. Women in authority have used their position for sexual favors, just the same as men have.

There will always be extenuating circumstances, and being sexually assaulting isn't as always cut and dry as saying "a real man can't get raped by a woman." They can, and they have.

I would like you to read this story and tell me that a man can't be raped.

Can a Man Be Raped By A Woman?

The story behind it proves the uncomfortable situation a woman can put a man in. A pregnant woman forces herself upon a drunk man, and tells him if he stops her she will cry rape herself. A 19 year old Marine stuck in this situation, a "real man," as some might say, is raped by a 6 month along pregnant woman.

Given any situation, anyone, woman, man or child can rape anyone.

that's exactly a story that shows how men can't get raped in the way women can. how can you seriously believe that an adult soldier takes home a 5 year older pregnant woman from a club, sleeping with her in 1 bed in a motel, is so drunk he doesn't realize she is sitting on his dick two times, and when he finally realises she blackmails him with screaming rape which makes the drunk marine think about all the consequences including the unborn child, his superiors at work and the comparison of testimony in court with the addition of taking into account his regular visits in the club with many people have seeing him leave together with the woman while not thinking about motel personnel, his intoxicated condition and medical investigation of rape victims?

imagine such line of thought on a woman waking up under an ugly man. the marine could just take her off him gently, put his pants on and call the police, if he seriously wanted to keep up his story to not be ashamed of his friends making fun off him for hooking up with an ugly pregnant older woman

edit: that was an extremely bad example. but thinking about it, maybe there are cases when men can get raped by women. but these are extremely rare cases and are a result of ongoing psychical abuse, like the terrorizing manipulative housewife or sth. still, the rape is only assessory and not comparable to what raping a woman is considered.

rape includes absolute physical dominance from man over woman. the utilization of violence to bring the victim to absolute helplessness is almost impossible for a woman to develop over a man.

an obese neckbeard or a near-death heroin addict can overwhelm a physically above-average strong and healthy woman. just the fact to be able to use physical force by instinct as a means of survival makes a fight against a woman so "easy" to win. that's why i would lose a street fight against a little arab, the mindset of utilizing violence is what counts. the combination of physical prowess, aggression level AND mental disorder to rape out of whatever reason is almost nonexistant in women.

if you, men, consider rape to be a women riding your dick while you passed out and verbally blackmailing you then you slap every raped woman in the face with the little consideration of what rape really means to the victim.

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point he is getting at is that a woman being raped is taken much more seriously than a man getting raped. A woman getting raped causes people to bring out the pitchforks and torches while a man getting raped brings out... humour?

As much as both are very serious issues, the way our society has developed results in viewing one side as an unspeakable offence, and the other ... well, not so much. Again could be something to do with the vulnerabilities and long-term suffering associated with baby factories.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
I think the point he is getting at is that a woman being raped is taken much more seriously than a man getting raped. A woman getting raped causes people to bring out the pitchforks and torches while a man getting raped brings out... humour?

no ep, I meant the exact opposite Very Happy

my point was that a woman being raped IS much more seriously. stating that man can be equally rape victims is the exact thing feminists are despised for: disregarding physical and mental differences between men and women.

just think about it: what kind of situation has to occur that makes you, as a grown up male, feel raped. i can't even think of one realistic possibility, that's why I'm saying that a man can't be raped (in the way everyone thinks of rape). as a woman, it can happen to you no matter who you are, how you look, how old you are, anytime anywhere.
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 323

PostSgt.Pepper1983 Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea that men can't be raped is the reason sites like malesurvivor are needed. How unlikely the imagination makes it seem is irrelevant. The world is filled with sick people. Anyone can do anything to anyone. When someone has sex with someone without their consent, the crime is the same regardless of whether the victim is consious or not, male or female, adult or minor, gay or straight, whether they climax or not, whether a male victim gets a female rapist pregnant or a minor rapes an adult.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... I know it's surprising but I'm not a fan of your way of thinking about this psychokind, but at the same time I find it curious as to how you come to these conclusions. Very different culture perhaps?

What are your thoughts on man-on-man rape?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: