TerraEarth Forums

Feminism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:
I think the point he is getting at is that a woman being raped is taken much more seriously than a man getting raped. A woman getting raped causes people to bring out the pitchforks and torches while a man getting raped brings out... humour?

no ep, I meant the exact opposite Very Happy

my point was that a woman being raped IS much more seriously. stating that man can be equally rape victims is the exact thing feminists are despised for: disregarding physical and mental differences between men and women.

just think about it: what kind of situation has to occur that makes you, as a grown up male, feel raped. i can't even think of one realistic possibility, that's why I'm saying that a man can't be raped (in the way everyone thinks of rape). as a woman, it can happen to you no matter who you are, how you look, how old you are, anytime anywhere.

I think we have the same point here. At least, to my interpretation. Bottom line seems to be that women being raped is taken a lot more seriously than men being raped.
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Preeeeetty much what everyone is saying. Which brings it back down to the equality thing: feminists (the really hardcore ones) scream for equality, but then when "oh, dudes can be raped too by women/men!" and it's "lol no they can't, ALL MEN ARE RAPISTS!" and I don't appreciate that, as a female, the fact that there's so much hypocrisy in those statements.

When any sexual act is done without consent - whether they're too drunk to realize what's going on and blacked out (see: Steubenville high school rape case) or just sort of in a drunken blur (this guy's story where a woman just sticks it in regardless if the guy gets it up and is hammered enough to not know wtf is going on other than "wait this isn't something i want, what do??") or even if a guy gets a roofie slipped to him (and yes, it's possible) - it's rape. It's without their consent. As I said before, a woman has more oomph when it comes to "if you force me off of you or if you use force against me to stop me I'll cry domestic violence to the cops," because... well, psychokind sort of gave me the right example: "Oh, dudes can't be raped!" The cops aren't going to believe the guy that "Uh yeah she slipped me a roofie and then jumped my bones without my ok" if they've got a hysterical woman crying that he beat her or hit her.

It's shitty because of that double standard, and it ticks me off more than anything that it's not a problem like it is for a girl being forced into it. Physical force doesn't have anything to do with it for a guy. For a woman? Sure, a man is physically stronger than we are anyway, and there's not much you can do if they've pulled a weapon on you. But that can happen to a man too, and it certainly shouldn't be the double standard that it is today.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
Fazermint wrote:
psychokind wrote:
I'm insecure about my own manliness and am therefore obsessed with trying to prove that I am manly.

You poor thing.

Is it bad I read that quote and actually went looking to see if he said that somewhere? Lol. I can't defend your joke though, funny as it may be, it is his opinion and he of course is entitled to it, whether I disagree with his take on this or not.

I guess this would have been more appropriate:

I know, I take cheap shots at Psychokind. You all know that. I could have deconstructed all his arguments with logic and common sense, but... it's funnier this way.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazermint wrote:

My name is Travis, I am THE MOONSTAR!
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

dude what's your problem? i don't even know you, at least make an introduction thread before stalking my posts here
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
dude what's your problem? i don't even know you, at least make an introduction thread before stalking my posts here

He's been here for two years and has amassed 300+ posts... how do you not know him? Confused
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
Fazermint wrote:

My name is Travis, I am THE MOONSTAR!

I have no idea what this is about xD I only found the gif on the interwebz. I know the song though! Luca Turilli \m/

psychokind wrote:

My problems with you:
1. Your opinions are brute and uneducated, and the way you express them does not do a potentially valid standpoint justice (not that I would call your standpoint valid in this case).
2. It somehow eluded you to glance below my avatar to check my join date and post quota.
3. You don't remember me. We were trolling buddies!
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
psychokind wrote:

He's been here for two years and has amassed 300+ posts... how do you not know him? Confused

ok. sorry but on my mobile phone i can't see avatars, post count or join date.

@fazermint: i knew you, just forgot the name. if you find my post brute and uneducated that's fine.
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
psychokind wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:
psychokind wrote:
a real man can't get raped by a women. thinking like that puts you on one level with the feminists..

Tell that to any boy who was taken advantage of by a teacher or an authority figure.

that's a boy, not a man.

Regardless, saying that real men can't get raped simply isn't true. Women have drugged men in the past. Women in authority have used their position for sexual favors, just the same as men have.

There will always be extenuating circumstances, and being sexually assaulting isn't as always cut and dry as saying "a real man can't get raped by a woman." They can, and they have.

I would like you to read this story and tell me that a man can't be raped.

Can a Man Be Raped By A Woman?

The story behind it proves the uncomfortable situation a woman can put a man in. A pregnant woman forces herself upon a drunk man, and tells him if he stops her she will cry rape herself. A 19 year old Marine stuck in this situation, a "real man," as some might say, is raped by a 6 month along pregnant woman.

Given any situation, anyone, woman, man or child can rape anyone.

"Men can't get raped" is a HORRIBLE lie. Like Soulblazerfan said, abuse and rape can happen to anyone. There are many men and boys who get sexually assaulted and raped daily, but this isn't always reported on the news.

As for the topic, I am not going to get too into it, because it should be obvious that women haven't always had as many rights as they now do, and had to fight for them. Anyone who believes that women no longer have to fight for their rights and that sexism no longer exists, is probably living in a fantasy land.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Prime Blue wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:
psychokind wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:
psychokind wrote:
a real man can't get raped by a women. thinking like that puts you on one level with the feminists..

Tell that to any boy who was taken advantage of by a teacher or an authority figure.

that's a boy, not a man.

Regardless, saying that real men can't get raped simply isn't true. Women have drugged men in the past. Women in authority have used their position for sexual favors, just the same as men have.

There will always be extenuating circumstances, and being sexually assaulting isn't as always cut and dry as saying "a real man can't get raped by a woman." They can, and they have.

I would like you to read this story and tell me that a man can't be raped.

Can a Man Be Raped By A Woman?

The story behind it proves the uncomfortable situation a woman can put a man in. A pregnant woman forces herself upon a drunk man, and tells him if he stops her she will cry rape herself. A 19 year old Marine stuck in this situation, a "real man," as some might say, is raped by a 6 month along pregnant woman.

Given any situation, anyone, woman, man or child can rape anyone.

"Men can't get raped" is a HORRIBLE lie. Like Soulblazerfan said, abuse and rape can happen to anyone. There are many men and boys who get sexually assaulted and raped daily, but this isn't always reported on the news.

As for the topic, I am not going to get too into it, because it should be obvious that women haven't always had as many rights as they now do, and had to fight for them. Anyone who believes that women no longer have to fight for their rights and that sexism no longer exists, is probably living in a fantasy land.

and again, boys can get raped by anyone, men can get raped by other men. a woman raping a man is so unbelievably unlikely and for it to happen requires incredible criminal energy coming out of her accompanied by lucky circumstances.

i can't think of how this can happen except with the help of high medical knowledge of some drug that makes you immovable (except for... you know) while awake and injecting the right dose in a vein. or with these xena-finger-moves.

i have never met a woman in my life (including pretty nasty soldiers) that would be strong enough to subdue an average man while raping him. even with a gun a woman couldn't rape me without shooting me to the brink of DEATH, and i don't think she had much to work with after that.

a man walks up to a woman, throws her to the ground, beats her up and rapes her. the difference in power is so big, women often can't even try to fight back because they go numb under the sheer pressure given by the feeling of futile resistance.

a woman walks up to a man, wants to rape him, he beats her up, throws her to the ground, and... or he gets "raped", states that he was under some sort of psychological pressure, while any raped woman thinks of what she would have done without natural (unfair but undeniable) physical disadvantages that moment. i don't know how to make this more obvious.
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Under alcohol influence, drugs, or even a HUGE guilt trip/manipulation are the circumstances. Under at least two of those, a man can be tied down and then bam, the deed is done. Not all dudes want to bone at all times, so yeah, it happens.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
Under alcohol influence, drugs, or even a HUGE guilt trip/manipulation are the circumstances. Under at least two of those, a man can be tied down and then bam, the deed is done. Not all dudes want to bone at all times, so yeah, it happens.

you would have to actually pass out and be dragged away(!) by a woman to make that happen. seems pretty unlikely with an average weight of, i don't know, 180 lbs / 80 kilo.

intoxicating yourself up to a total loss of control is a female privilege, and by no means an excuse for a man to make. i literally drink as much as i can when i'm thirsty and i've been nowhere near a point where i would be in a rapable state. it might work with ketamines or tranquilizers of some sort, still you have to get dragged away and get a boner.

my point is not to say that it never happened. my point is to say that it happens so really, really extremely seldom, that all these men stating "men get raped as well as women" in these feminist discussions are wrong. and i might not care what feminists claim for women, but i rage (as you can see Very Happy ) about men responding for other men.

(nobody takes this personal pls Wink )
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
inferiare wrote:

you would have to actually pass out and be dragged away(!) by a woman to make that happen. seems pretty unlikely with an average weight of, i don't know, 180 lbs / 80 kilo.

intoxicating yourself up to a total loss of control is a female privilege, and by no means an excuse for a man to make. i literally drink as much as i can when i'm thirsty and i've been nowhere near a point where i would be in a rapable state. it might work with ketamines or tranquilizers of some sort, still you have to get dragged away and get a boner.

my point is not to say that it never happened. my point is to say that it happens so really, really extremely seldom, that all these men stating "men get raped as well as women" in these feminist discussions are wrong. and i might not care what feminists claim for women, but i rage (as you can see Very Happy ) about men responding for other men.

(nobody takes this personal pls Wink )

I'm more inclined to believe this, since biologically at least, women tend to be phyiscally weaker than most men, and therefore easier to overpower. An unarmed woman has little chance of defending herself against 1 or even 2 physically strong men.

And I don't buy the "men get raped just as MUCH as women." thing. That seems inaccurate. Of course men get sexually assualted/abused, but not nearly as much as women do from men. There are stats and history to back that up, too.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah gonna have to agree with Miss Prime Blue on this one. Men don't get raped nearly as often as women. Doesn't mean it isn't an issue.

As always I will continue to be patiently amused at psychokinds male-supremacy views.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, I shoved off my fiance's brother who was putting his full weight on me trying to get at my dinner tonight with no problem. And no, he was not doing a fakey "lol this ain't my full 170" or anything. He really wanted my damn food. And he was shoved off of me. It's not an impossibility. Highly unlikely? Sure. Impossible? Not in the slightest.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: