TerraEarth Forums

Movie or Game: Last of Us Trailer Blurs the Line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:44 pm   Post subject: Movie or Game: Last of Us Trailer Blurs the Line Reply with quote

Okay so maybe it's because I'm seeing it all over Youtube, but I have to say, The Last of Us Trailer really impressed me when I first saw it. And because, as you can guess from the title, I believe it has a lot with blurring the line between game and movie.

Now to be clear, since there are several, I'm talking specifically about TV Commercial #2 which goes a little something like this...

Now if you just listen to the audio, there would be absolutely no idication that you were listening to a trailer for a video game, except the Playstation call at the beginning and the "Rated M for MAture" at the end. Now does that mean that the game itself will be blurring this line? Probably, it certainly looks like it. But as I haven't played it, I can only go with what I can see.

Again, this may sound like I am obsessing a bit, but I think this trailer could be featured in a "how to make a trailer for a thing 101."

- Soft ambient music that builds up to a crescendo during an action montage = check
- 10 second monologue plot summary with pithy hook at the end = check.
- WORDS FLASH AT YOUR FACE WITH AWARDS AND CREATORS AND JUNK = check

And is it me, or did they maybe rip off Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games a little bit too?

I don't know I just thought it was interesting at all. Thoughts?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: