TerraEarth Forums

Gauging interest for...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:57 am   Post subject: Gauging interest for... Reply with quote

...something awesome. See, while Jason has his own D&D, I figure I might try my own. It'll give me some practice for running some of my own games irl so I figure it would be perfect.

My difference from Jason? I have access to the D&D Character Builder.

What is that, you ask? The coolest thing ever. It gives you things like this when you're all done creating your character! While there's a bit of a process to convert the files over from what it saves in, it's possible for me to do so and upload them all to whoever wants to participate.

How it would work is this: I'll post up a character creation thread with all of the available classes (since I'd be doing a homebrew essentially, you can do anything including hybrids), race, pretty much the basics. I'll of course add in any information about everything ever. Razz You can post in thread or PM me, either way.

Once I get the basic info I need, there will be many PMs back and forth after about the meat of everything: languages your character can speak, abilities, alignment (though since this uses the 4th Edition engine, the alignment is no longer 9, it's 5: Unaligned, Lawful Good, Good, Evil, Chaotic Evil. However, if I leave it blank, you can do whatever you'd like,) age, height, weight, aaand if you send me a picture of what you'd like to look like (if you have one handy) I can set it much like in my sample character sheet above. The Character Builder has a bunch of built in pictures as well, so if you don't care, I can pick one too. ...unless you don't like it, and then I can change it a million times. Very Happy

I'll try to give some armour/weapon/item customization as much as I can, but there IS a lot of stuff to be had. You can give me some basics, like you want a scythe and you want it to have certain keywords, you want to be able to heal using your armour, and so on and so forth, and I'll do my best to match your needs. Same with your ability scores: I can customize them as you would like, and I'll give you a rundown of what you can train in, what your base scores are, etc. Repeat this process pretty much until you have a completed character!

Once your character is completed, I'll send you a .pdf of your character sheet for reference on what you can do. I'll be keeping track at home of course, so no trying to use stuff you can't use! Very Happy To keep it fair, I'll use an online dice roller and cap the result if you'd all prefer so it's almost as good as being here.

Anyway, if anyone has questions, feedback, wtfs to ask/tell me, post em all in this thread and I'll go from there. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly i'm nowhere near ready to begin my dnd so this would be awesome if you would take the reigns!

Plus i would actually get to play for a change! Id like to see what you have in mind

Rest in peace, old avatar.
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: