TerraEarth Forums

Sonic BOOOMM!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brutus
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems -66

PostBrutus Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:59 pm   Post subject: Sonic BOOOMM!!!! Reply with quote

http://www.j1studios.com/trailers-pics-for-sonic-boom-tv-series-and-game

So now that it's all released, what do you think about it? This is my main objection....

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Knuckles looks like Crash Bandicoot's aborted fetus

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO that last image is perfection because that's how it seems. I don't really like Knuckles' new design either. It's... yeah.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://twistedsifter.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/guile-sonic-boom.jpg
i hope they asked the colonel for permission. maybe he wanted one of the protagonists to resemble street-fighter physics to not claim copyright?
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Let's talk about this.

Art Direction: LOVE IT. Especially the 2D artwork. The colors are vibrant, and there is a great deal of personality in the tone and textures.

Character Design: MIXED. The legs are a bit too long, and Knuckles looks weird. That said, and this has been pointed out by a lot of people, Sonic's previous major designs, the Genesis Trilogy and Sonic Adventure (which was used in the majority of Sonic merchandise from 1999-Today), had all the characters looking way to similar. Differentiating the silhouettes will go a long way into helping that.

Writing: AMAZING. It looks to be the same FANTASTIC talent behind Colors and Lost World, which moved toward a simpler approach regarding the number of characters, their personalities, and plot-related conflicts. Sonic desperately needed this for years, as the first Adventure game set off a trend of "Serious Sonic" that lasted all the way until Unleashed, and was completely unnecessary. Sonic doesn't need "adolescent attitude" to be fun. This isn't 1992. Just give him some snark and make the player's laugh, and you're taking the series in the right direction.

Ever since Sonic Colors (aka the best Sonic game since Sonic 2, or possibly the best one ever), I have loved the direction the franchise has taken. Sonic DOES NOT need to stay "true to his roots". They already perfected the 2D formula in Sonic Advance 1, and attempts to move that forward only got worse with each iteration, culminating in Sonic the Hedgehog 4, a game so far off the mark, Dimps will probably never make a Sonic game again (Not that Sonic Team was doing any better until Sonic 4.2 and Colors). My point is, Sonic needs to move forward, and I believe that Sega is on the right track to do just that.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: