TerraEarth Forums

TerraEarth D&D: God's Land
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

let's get it done. i head into the city.

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No one steals my notes and gets away, especially not after insulting me. TO COMBAT!
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:22 am   Post subject: Re: TerraEarth D&D: God's Land Reply with quote

Round 6

EverPhoenix
HP: 40, FP: 70
STR: 10, INT: 30, SPD: 20
LCK: 10, AUR: 15
Racial Skill: Lorecraft

Exclamation Location: Lunawi Asgala, High Temple Exclamation
BGM

"Jeez, you're not too bright are you?" The bandit leader says. "Boys!"

Exclamation COMBAT Exclamation

Bandit A (HP:15)
Bandit B (HP: 15)
Bandit Leader (HP: 35)

NPC Ally: Fishmonger (HP: 18 )

Select a skill and target

Skills:

A) Comet Fire [FP: 5] - (1d10+2, Fire Damage)
B) Comet Ice [FP:5] - (1d10+2, Ice Damage)
C) Comet Thunder [FP: 10]- (1d12+5, Thunder Damage)
D) Chakra [FP: 5]- (Restore 1d12 HP)

Standard Moves:

A) Attack (1d6)
B) Items
C) Defend

Exclamation Inventory! Exclamation
You are carrying an Oaken Forge Staff (1d6), Robes (AC: 1), a Map of the Forge, a Digital Transcriber and 50 Gems.

Question Status Question

You are in combat. What will you do?

Psychokind
HP: 65, FP: 65
STR: 15, INT: 15, SPD: 30
LCK: 10, AUR: 5

Exclamation Location: Starlit Metropolis, Scorpio Sector Exclamation
BGM

You arrive on the outskirts of the massive scientific wonder that is the Starlit Metropolis. After paying the carriage driver the 25 Gem fee for your passage, you head towards the small utility building that sits in an alley between two of the towering skyscrapers above you.

The sun is now well into the sky, and while the lights are off, the buildings still seem to shine in its sunlight. You nod to two of the guards outside the building who let you pass through.

A tall muscle-bound human nods towards you.

"You're my contact?" You ask.

"Flamez," he says extending his hand. As he lowers his hood you notice his crimson hair and extensive tattoos. Flames indeed. "You're the sellsword."

"My name is-"

"I don't want your name. You can know me. Everybody knows me. I'm second in command of the Chimera Clan. But I don't want to know you. And you can't know each other. We'll be using pseudonyms this entire heist. You'll be the Warrior. Your partners will be the Mage and the Thief."

Flamez points to the two other people in the shed, the Mage being a female elf with long golden hair and the Thief being, oddly, a short male dwarf.

"The heist is simple. You take necessary supplies for Borgan, and we take the rest and sell it on the black market. Everybody wins," Flamez said. "Thief will be the one actually breaking into the vault since he knows what he's doing. Mage will take care of transporting the supplies. And you, Warrior, you're mainly our muscle."

"Suits me," you nod.

"We've got a couple ways we can go about this mission and I want you to be certain you are prepared for it. Review your options, and let me know how you want to approach this. If you have any questions, let me know."

Exclamation Borgan Job- Supply Heist Exclamation

Choose your method

A) Bum Rush
Basically you just rush in, smash up the place, steal what you can and get the hell out of there.
Pros: Element of Surprise, Faster
Cons: More resistance, less payoff.

B) After-Hours Break-In
[i] Get in there while they are still closed down, disable the security systems and take your time.
Pros: Bigger Payoff, Less Initial Resistance
Cons: Trickier to pull off and time consuming.

C) False Flag Break-In
[i] Have my cohorts attack something big on the other side of the city and while the guards are distracted you go with the Bum Rush option above.
Pros: Less likely to get caught, guards distracted.
Cons: Still less payoff and if the decoy team is caught / killed you will forfeit your payment.

You are carrying an Iron Forge Dagger (1d8), a Kruzian Dagger (1d12+2), Leather Armor (AC: 2), a Map of the Forge, and 150 Gems.

Question Status Question

What will you do?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Comet Ice hitting Bandit A
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend towards option A, but i need a bit more information. I thought about changing appearance and strengthen the element of surprise.
If the guards present make me expect heavy resistance, i would go for plan B but try to spy in changed appearance beforehand. Maybe the building is guarded at night and i could distract them by playing as a other guard.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:01 am   Post subject: Re: TerraEarth D&D: God's Land Reply with quote

Round 7

EverPhoenix
HP: 31 / 40, FP: 65 / 70

BGM

Question Combat Status Question

EverPhoenix uses Comet Ice! Bandit A takes 12 damage!
Bandit A attacks! EverPhoenix takes 6 damage!
Bandit B attacks! EverPhoenix takes 3 damage!
Fishmonger attacks! Bandit B takes 11 damage!
Bandit Leader attacks! Fishmonger takes 3 damage!

Bandit A (HP:3)
Bandit B (HP: 4)

NPC Ally: Fishmonger (HP: 15/ 18 )

Skills:

Standard Moves:

A) Attack (1d6)
B) Items
C) Defend

You are carrying an Oaken Forge Staff (1d6), Robes (AC: 1), a Map of the Forge, a Digital Transcriber and 50 Gems.

Question Status Question

Psychokind
HP: 65, FP: 35 / 65
STR: 15, INT: 16, SPD: 30

BGM

"This isn't enough to go on," you say.

"What's that?" Flamez asks.

"We need intelligence about the place we're planning on heisting. I'd like to take the team out to scout the area first, maybe see what we're up against," You offer.

Flamez folds his arms. "Well I'll be damned. A sellsword with a head for strategy. I like it."

Your intelligence has gone up by 1!

"Okay, the supply cache is on the edge of the sector," Flamez says. "Since you have that particular trait which makes you Formless so valuable to me, I am going to suggest that you scout the area alone in disguise."

"Fair enough," you nod.

You have used 1 transformation. You have one transformation left today.

You head to the supply center incognito. Looking around at the facility you see that it is a simple windowless warehouse. A small lobby area serves as the place where citizens and government workers check out supplies and rations as needed.

It is a simple layout, almost like a bank, except the vault in question is a massive fathoms deep warehouse full of all the basic necessities. A quick look at the security indicates that there are only two simple security guards on duty, but that there are numerous of those strange boxes that can record video... cameras you think they are called.

There is no other way into the storage than the main vault door which is itself behind the lobby. Based on your estimations, it would take roughly six minutes for Metropolis Security Forces (MSF) to arrive from Libra Sector to here.

You return to the group.

Question Heist Evaluation Question

Security: Poor (2/ 10)
Backup: Medium Range (6/ 10)
Payoff Potential: Decent (5/ 10)
Flexibility: Fair (3/10)

"So what's your plan?" Flamez asks.

Using the information above, you can attempt to formulate your own heist plan or use one of the preset ideas .

You are carrying an Iron Forge Dagger (1d8), a Kruzian Dagger (1d12+2), Leather Armor (AC: 2), a Map of the Forge, and 150 Gems.

Question Status Question

You are in a utility shed in Scorpio Sector. There is Flamez, Thief, and Mage here.

Do what you will.

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Comet Fire to KO Bandit A.

"Fishmonger! Hit the other minion!" We'll gang up on the leader after!
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"Alright, listen. Tge biggest concern are the security cameras. That's some small boxes which can see us and alarm reinforcements. My guess is, at night they will rely on those cameras for security. Only two guards at day propably means one or none at night.
Mage, can you do something about vision? My plan would be to wait for the exchange in guards at night, we take him out and i go in as the guard to relieve the other one. When we're clear the mage denies vision for the cameras and we rob that thing empty.
If you can't do it, we just have to be fast after i became the guard."

Option B
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:50 am   Post subject: Re: TerraEarth D&D: God's Land Reply with quote

Round 8

EverPhoenix
HP: 27 / 40, FP: 60 / 70

BGM

Question Combat Status Question

EverPhoenix uses Comet Fire! Bandit A takes 4 damage!
Bandit A is defeated!
Bandit B attacks! EverPhoenix takes 4 damage!
Fishmonger attacks! Bandit B takes 5 damage!
Bandit B is defeated!
Bandit Leader attacks! Fishmonger takes 8 damage!

NPC Ally: Fishmonger (HP: 7/ 18 )

Skills:

Standard Moves:

A) Attack (1d6)
B) Items
C) Defend

Question Status Question

Psychokind

BGM

Player is on vacation

Question Status Question

You are in a utility shed in Scorpio Sector. There is Flamez, Thief, and Mage here.

Do what you will.

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"You're hurt... I'll distract him."

"Hey! If you return my things, I'd be happy to let you walk away from this... But if you're so insistent on keeping it, then you can enjoy a thunderbolt or three to the face, and join your thugs on the ground!"

(If the Bandit Leader agrees to surrender, I'll take my stuff back and let him go. If not, I'll step in front of the Fishmonger and Comet Lightning him repeatedly)
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:28 am   Post subject: Re: TerraEarth D&D: God's Land Reply with quote

Round 9

EverPhoenix
HP: 27 / 40, FP: 60 / 70

BGM

*EverPhoenix rolls 16.

The Bandit Leader sighs at his two KO'd comrades.

"You're a persistent bastard," he shrugs. He throws your notes on the ground in front of you. "But we're just gonna come back with more guys next time. Unless of course you want to come with me and make this easy on everybody."

"Why would I come with you?" You ask.

"The Boss just wanted your research. But since you seem to have a devoted love affair with it, you'll have to come to. I'll tell you what. Bring your pompous ass to the Starlit Metropolis Scorpio Sector. If you show up within three days, it will be beneficial to you and your lab assistant."

"What do you mean?" You ask.

Suddenly on the far side of the docks you see two other bandits dragging your lab assistant into another boat which begins to speed away down the lake.

"They would have let her go if you let us just take the notes. Silly mage, don't you realize that these are always five-man jobs. It's a Chimera rule. Now, bring you and your research to Scorpio Sector, or we return your Lab Assistant in pieces."

The Bandit Leader tosses his crewmen onto the boat and shoves off lighting a smoke bomb before he leaves temporarily blinding you. By the time the smoke settles, both of the boats are well beyond your reach and sailing fast down the river.

Question Status Question

You are at the Lunawi Asgala Docks.

Do what you will.

Psychokind

BGM

Player is on vacation

Question Status Question

Do what you will.

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

(I'm back since friday!! Very Happy )
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EP pls continue Wink

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, didn't realize I was holding things up - this was never marked as a new thread for me until now.

And my turn...

I'll tend to the Fishmonger's wounds, and ask him if he knows any quick ways to get to the Starlit Metropolis.

Is it a trap? Most definitely. Am I going? Most definitely.

I'll inform the High Priestess first, though. Could this have anything to do with the Transcriber and the message on it?
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:54 am   Post subject: Re: TerraEarth D&D: God's Land Reply with quote

Round 10

EverPhoenix
HP: 40 / 40, FP: 60 / 70
STR: 11, INT: 32, SPD: 20
LCK: 9, AUR: 14

BGM

Exclamation Battle Reward Exclamation
INT + 2, LCK - 1 , AUR - 1, STR + 1

You obtain 150 gems, and a Chimera Access Card.

The Fishmonger lays back, treating himself with an herbal concoction. He looks at your gravely.

"The Chimera Clan are the most notorious of all bandit forces. They have ties with the Formless and do not take kindly to being meddled with. I fear you may have made things far more difficult for yourself than needs be." The Fishmonger groaned as he treated one of his deeper cuts.

"I wasn't going to just let them steal-"

The Fishmonger cuts you off. "I know lad, I know. Listen to me son, the fastest way to the Metropolis is taking the river down the mountain. It's a rough ride, but my boat can handle even the Misty North, much less the rapids of the way down. We don't usually go that way, because it's murder hauling out boats back up the mountain path, but it'll be the quickest way there. I'd be glad to take you with."

"What about the High Priestess, I have to let her know what is going on."

"I've already been made aware of this," the High Priestess says as she walks down to the pier.

"Your Grace," the Fishmonger bows his head.

"I'm afraid there is no alternative. The Bandits took her while she was in my stead. Had it not been for my bodyguards, they may have captured me as well. They threatened her life so we did not pursue," The High Priestess sighed. "You must understand I did not mean for you to be involved in this. But now there is no alternative. You must hurry to the Starlit Metropolis. Please do whatever Chimera asks of you, within reason."

"What does this have to do with that message?" You ask.

"All I can tell you is that Chimera is not to be trusted, but he is not the enemy," the High Priestess explains. "If you bring the girl back to us safely, then I will be able to tell you more, I promise."

You are carrying:
200 Gems
Oaken Forge Staff (1d6)
Robes (AC: 1)
a Map of the Forge
a Digital Transcriber
a Chimera Access Card

Question Status Question

You are at the Lunawi Asgala Docks.

Do what you will.

Psychokind

BGM

"Okay guys, let's recap," Flamez says.

Looking around at the facility you see that it is a simple windowless warehouse. A small lobby area serves as the place where citizens and government workers check out supplies and rations as needed.

It is a simple layout, almost like a bank, except the vault in question is a massive fathoms deep warehouse full of all the basic necessities. A quick look at the security indicates that there are only two simple security guards on duty, but that there are numerous of those strange boxes that can record video... cameras you think they are called.

There is no other way into the storage than the main vault door which is itself behind the lobby. Based on your estimations, it would take roughly six minutes for Metropolis Security Forces (MSF) to arrive from Libra Sector to here.

Security: Poor (2/ 10)
Backup: Medium Range (6/ 10)
Payoff Potential: Decent (5/ 10)
Flexibility: Fair (3/10)

Option Selected:

B) After-Hours Break-In
[i] Get in there while they are still closed down, disable the security systems and take your time.
Pros: Bigger Payoff, Less Initial Resistance
Cons: Trickier to pull off and time consuming.

"Alright, listen. The biggest concern are the security cameras. That's some small boxes which can see us and alarm reinforcements. My guess is, at night they will rely on those cameras for security. Only two guards at day probably means one or none at night.
Mage, can you do something about vision? My plan would be to wait for the exchange in guards at night, we take him out and i go in as the guard to relieve the other one. When we're clear the mage denies vision for the cameras and we rob that thing empty.
If you can't do it, we just have to be fast after i became the guard."

"That sounds like a reasonable plan. I can short out the cameras with a simple lightning spell," Mage replies.

"The relief is supposed to show up within the next thirty minutes, so we have to go now to get this plan to work the way you want it to," Flamez instructs.

"Okay," you nod. "Let's go then."

You head to the Supply Center and wait behind a crate. Mage and Thief are on the opposite side of the street in a nearby alley.

The Guard comes around the bend towards the entrance for his shift and with one quick motion you chokehold him and cover his mouth. Within a few minutes he's knocked out. You strip him and put on his clothing while at the same time, changing your appearance to match his. You then stuff his unconscious body in one of the outbound crates and kick it off into the pier.

Mage and Thief rush over to meet you.

"He'll be okay. He'll just wake up with one hell of a headache, naked, and floating down the river," you say. "Let me go in and take the place of the guard I am relieving, do not show up until he leaves. Then Mage, knockout the cameras and Thief be quick with the vault."

You enter the Supply Depot and the other guard has already begun to gather his belongings.

"Running a bit late tonight," he replies stiffly.

"Lost track of time," you reply casually.

"Whatever, I'm not your supervisor," he says tossing you the keys and heading out of the building.

Within a few minutes, Mage is in blasts through the cameras with her lightning spell and Thief rushes in behind her to tackle the vault.

*You roll an 18.

Nobody outside seems to notice the commotion and all is going well. Furthermore no alarms seem to have been tripped as of yet.

*You roll a 4.

"Problem with the vault, mate," Thief says. "I can't security clear it. We'll have to breach. Get ready to run."

Thief attaches a small explosive device to the vault door and it blasts open.

Alarms ring all over the depot.

"Give me a hand with this!" Thief shouts.

*You roll an 11.

Thief, Mage and yourself are able to clear the order of boxes with a few bonus supplies for yourselves. You can hear the sound of police sirens growing steadily closer.

"We have to split now!" Mage shouts.

Options:

A) Flee out the front door. (Fastest, but most risky)
B) Flee out the back door. (Slower, but safer).
C) Flee through the sewers. (Slowest return, and you will have to dump any bonus cargo, but no chance of capture).

Question Status Question

You are in a Supply Depot in Scorpio Sector. There is a supply pallette you are carrying, Thief, and Mage here.

What will you do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: