TerraEarth Forums

TerraEarth D&D: God's Land
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:17 pm   Post subject: TerraEarth D&D: God's Land Reply with quote

Round 1

EverPhoenix
HP: 40, FP: 70
STR: 10, INT: 30, SPD: 20
LCK: 10, AUR: 15
Racial Skill: Lorecraft

:!:Location: Lunawi Asgala, Lakeshore Exclamation
BGM

You find yourself onboard a small river vessel, sailing into the lower port of Lunawi Asgala, the incredible temple city in the middle of the Lunar Caldera. Even through the fog you can see the towering steeples of the stronghold; true of home of magical lore and arcane blessings.

"The damn fog gets worse every day," remarks the haggard looking pilot of your vessel. "Used to just stay in the Misty North, but it keeps creeping up on us. The entire lake will be covered before too long."

You look back down towards the lake. Even with the fog, the red glow of the comet still gives the lake an eerie glow in the twilight. The boat pulls ashore and you pay your fare. The pilot hands back your belongings.

Exclamation Inventory! Exclamation
You acquire an Oaken Forge Staff (1d6), Robes (AC: 1), a Map of the Forge, and 50 Gems.

Question Status Question

You are at the docks of Lunawi Asgala. You see a set of stairs leading up into the temple proper.

There is a magical reagants shop, a fishmonger and a Ship Master here.

What will you do?

Psychokind
HP: 65, FP: 65
STR: 15, INT: 15, SPD: 30
LCK: 10, AUR: 5

:!:Location: The Gaol, Northern Watchpoint Exclamation
BGM

You run south along the road alongside your fellow bandits. Taking a look behind you to confirm that none of the Starlit Metropolis guards were foolish enough to follow you into the desert, you slowly change back to your true form. The stars light up the desert sky and the full moon looms overhead.

"That was a rather boring assignment," one of the bandits says. "Next time Borgan had better give us something more enjoyable."

"It was what it was. A simple reminder of who controls the sands. What goes in, and what comes out," you say. "Hand me back me belongings, I tire of this costume."

Your associate hands you your equipment as you take off the Metropolis guard uniform that Borgan had loaned your for your raid.

You acquire an Iron Forge Dagger (1d8), Leather Armor (AC: 2), a Map of the Forge, and 50 Gems.

Question Status Question

Your associate heads back inside the city walls of the Gaol and you remain at the Northern Watchpoint. The road north leads to the Metropolis and south leads into the city. The Endless Dunes surround you, East and West.

There is a group of guards, a traveling merchant and a carriage rental here.

What will you do?

Rest in peace, old avatar.

Last edited by Jason Tandro on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

before dumping money, I'll check out the carriage rental first to see how much gems I need to get to the next location, if need be.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:09 am   Post subject: Re: TerraEarth D&D: God's Land Reply with quote

Round 2

EverPhoenix

BGM

You approach the robed owner of the magical reagents shop.

"Ah, a customer," the man says, clapping his hands together in appreciation. "Not many of these fishermen find much use in my wares. I must rely on the temple maidens and adventurers to have a keen eye. As you have come to me, you clearly have this trait."

"What are you selling?" You ask.

"What is the rush, my friend?" The shopkeeper replied. "I have many things which you may want and some which you may even need. But first a brief explanation about reagents and how they work."

Exclamation Tutorial: Magical Reagents Exclamation

Reagents can be used to craft spells or skills. They can be purchased, found in treasure chests, or won as loot from monsters. Magical Reagent Shops sell reagents and also craft spells for you out of obtained (or purchased) reagents. They are the also the best place to sell your reagents for the most profit, as most other stores will not purchase them.

You can also purchase reagents for use later, as some shops may be able to craft spells that the current one cannot. There may also be other uses for reagents...

Exclamation Shop: Lunawi Asgala, Docks: Magical Reagents Exclamation

Reagents

Fire Gem - Cost 5 Gems
Water Gem - Cost 5 Gems
Thunder Gem - Cost 5 Gems
Ice Gem - Cost 5 Gems

Holy Sign - Cost 10 Gems
Ankh - Cost 20 Gems
Smelling Salts - Cost 15 Gems

Rune Essence - Cost 20 Gems

Spells

Comet Spells

Level 1. (1d6+2)
Reagents Required: 2x Elemental Gem + Rune Essence
Cost Without Reagents: 30 per spell

Level 2. (1d12+8 )
Reagents Required: 4x Elemental Gem + 2xRune Essence
Cost Without Reagents: 60 per spell

Healing Spells

Comet Cure, (1d12+8 Healing)
Reagents Required: Holy Sign + Ankh + Rune Essence
Cost Without Reagents: 50

Life (Revive w/ 1d20+3 HP)
Reagents Required: 2xHoly Sign + 2xAnkh + Smelling Salts + 2x Rune Essence
Cost Without Reagents: 115

Nothing has been added this round.

Question Status Question

You are at the docks of Lunawi Asgala, in front of the Magical Reagents Shop. You see a set of stairs leading up into the temple proper.

There is a magical reagents shop, a fishmonger and a Ship Master here.

What will you do?

Psychokind

BGM

You approach the carriage rental. A fellow bandit wearing a dusty trench coat and wide-brimmed hat leans over to you.

"Oy, you lookin' to rent?" He asks.

"Just planning out my next move," you reply casually.

"Well, here are my prices..." he replies.

Exclamation Tutorial: Carriage Rental Exclamation

A carriage will take you to any place in the world you need to go, for a price. Just be warned that traveling by carriage causes you to forfeit one round for travel time. Still... beats walking.

Exclamation Shop, The Gaol: Carriage Rental Exclamation

Starlit Metropolis, Aries Sector - 25 Gems
Terran Keep, Outskirts - 25 Gems
Lunar Caldera, South Port - 50 Gems
Dusk's Garden, Verdant Vale - 50 Gems

Question Status Question

You remain at the Northern Watchpoint. The road north leads to the Metropolis and south leads into the city. The Endless Dunes surround you, East and West.

What will you do?

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

noted. i'll propably check out the group of guards, see what they're looking for, and why they need to group for that.

OOC: my background seems a bit shady - if i am a wanted criminal (or committed crimes recently), i shapeshift into sth harmless before aproaching the guards.

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll leave the reagent shop and walk up the stairs to the temple.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:00 am   Post subject: Re: TerraEarth D&D: God's Land Reply with quote

Round 3

Note, to help with characterization, I'm going to have you select your type of character this round.

EverPhoenix

BGM

You head up the stairs into the glorious temple of Lunawi Asgala. The Great Hall's cieling towers above your head as elaborate structures of gold and marble surround you. Statues of the ancient prophets dot the walls and two enormous representations of the Gods Boxxle and Lunatic stand cross-armed before the entrance to the holy chapel.

You see the High Priestess Kyara descending the small steps to the chapel.

"Ah," she says looking you over. "So, you have come Everphoenix."

Question Choose Your Character Backstory Question

Priest-In-Training
You have been away on pilgrimage, learning about the world and its people but have now returned home to complete your rites and serve as a Priest and guardian to the temple.

Scholar
You focus your energies on your studies. While you had been away to obtain some additional information on a project of yours, you have now returned to your home.

Adventurer
You live on the South Shores of the Lunar Caldera but have come to the temple of Lunawi Asgala looking for jobs to do.

Question Status Question

You are in the Lunawi Asgala Great Hall. Stairs lead down to the docks behind you. There is a small staircase to the holy chapel and passageways east and west head to the residences (east) and the university (west).

What will you do?

Psychokind

BGM

You approach the Gaol Guards who greet you with a cheer. A small sandstorm begins to blow up and you take shelter within a small room under the Northern Watchtower.

One of the guards hands you a drink.

"One entertaining mission you had there. Borgan will be pleased," says the guard. "You've done some good things for us lad."

Question Choose Your Character Backstory Question

Lifelong Bandit
You've been born and raised within the bandit lifestyle. Working with the good people of the Gaol has been your only ambition, and underhanded deeds are your core.

Sellsword
You are a traveler who is good at combat and stealth. You offer your services to the highest bidder, and right now it is the bandits of the Gaol, who accept you as you are one of them.

Wanderer
You are a desert roamer who has been searching for his true place in the world. You have come to work for the Gaol bandits to pay the bills, and have stuck around as they are a safe haven in the desert.

Question Status Question

You remain at the Northern Watchpoint. The road north leads to the Metropolis and south leads into the city. The Endless Dunes surround you, East and West.

What will you do?

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

- sellsword -

"and it's been my pleasure. you know what's up next? a man's gotta eat, you know."

if they got nothing to do for me, i'd check out the travelers merchant before moving on. not before drinking my drink, and politely waiting if they pour me another one, of course.

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Scholar

I bow to the High Priestess.

"We are scheduled to meet in an hour. You have until then to organize yourself and your thoughts." She says.

I bow again, and make my way to my residence. I need to cross-reference my notes from my latest trip with my the miniature library of records I keep in my home.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:23 pm   Post subject: Re: TerraEarth D&D: God's Land Reply with quote

Round 4

EverPhoenix

Exclamation Location: Lunawi Asgala, Residence Exclamation
BGM

You take your leave of the High Priestess and make your way to your residence on the north-facing tower. You have a large scholarly room on one of the higher levels, which provides more than just living space, but a research laboratory and a personal library.

One of your research assistants welcomes you as you enter.

"Oh, EverPhoenix! Welcome back. I've just been attending to your place while you've been away," she says, handing you a cup of tea.

You take it gratefully and look around your immaculately kept residence, noticing with appreciation that she did not touch the large desk full of reference materials like you asked. Everything is almost precisely as you left it.

"Have there been any letters for me?" You ask.

"Only a package from somebody in the Starlit Metropolis," she replied, handing you a large wooden chest.

You open it to find a small metal pad with a touch screen on it. While the technology of the Metropolis is, for the most part, ignored in the other regions, you believe that this particular device will come in handy.

"What is that strange tablet?" She asks.

"They use it for data-keeping in the south," you explain. "It's a digital transcriber. It can be used for saving ones voice to play back later."

You press the stop button and play back the message you just recorded:

"It can be used for saving ones voice to play back later." The transcriber replies in a slightly tinny voice.

"Amazing," she says with a smile.

"I prefer books myself," you reply neutrally. "I have to meet with the High Priestess in about forty minutes, so I will need to review my materials."

"Yes sir!" She nods, noticing her queue to retire to her apartment.

You are carrying an Oaken Forge Staff (1d6), Robes (AC: 1), a Map of the Forge, and 50 Gems.

A digital transcriber has been added to your inventory.

Question Status Question

You are in your residence in Lunawi Asgala. Heading west will lead you into the Great Hall. You are surrounded by your research equipment.

You may safely store unneeded items here should you wish to

You see a sheaf of research notes, your telescope and your lab equipment here.

Do what you will.

Question When prompted "do what you will", you are free to partake in self-defined character moments for the round. Whatever adventure you wish to partake in, the DM will accept so long as it does not impede another player. Question

Psychokind

Exclamation Location: The Gaol, Northern Watchpoint Exclamation
BGM

"Any more work?" You ask curiously, taking another round from the guards.

"Borgan always has work," says one of the guards. "He's at his usual place in the city."

"He'd be your best bet for getting something new," the other guard confirms.

"Thank you," you reply, standing up and leaving the guard tower as the dust settles down.

As you make your way towards the city gates the traveling merchant stops you. He wears a thick cloak and has thin eyes which peek out from beneath his hood.

"Pardon me sir, but we are having a special today," the merchant says. "As a token of our new friendship, I offer this gift."

The merchant hands you Gaol Potion (Restore HP: 1d20+5).

"You give me this free?" You ask. "What is the catch?"

"You are," the merchant says. "I offer a sample of my fine wares and I know you and I will become like brothers."

Exclamation Shop - Traveling Merchant, The Gaol Exclamation

Lord's Potion - 1d20 + 5 HP/ FP Recovery [75 Gems]
Mage Potion - 1d20+5 FP Recovery [30 Gems]
Gaol Potion - 1d20+5 HP Recovery [25 Gems]
Simple Potion - 1d12 +2 HP Recovery [10 Gems]

Special Item: Kruzian Dagger (1d12+2)
Cost: [25 Gems]
Dual-Wield: Yes
Two-Handed: No
A deadly desert-forged dagger with keen bite.

You are carrying an Iron Forge Dagger (1d8), Leather Armor (AC: 2), a Map of the Forge, and 50 Gems.

A Gaol Potion (1d20+5 HP Recovery) has been added to your inventory.

Question Status Question

What will you do?

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The assistant leaves, and I sip my tea contentedly. It feels good to be back in my own place, even if this particular visit will be only a brief one.

"Hmm, I wonder why they sent me this transcriber?" I think out loud to myself, and have a look through its archive. I see one recording. I press play.

"Essa ti un olce trivarum. Si un dio olce trivarum." I vaguely recognize it as some form of ancient Astarican, but I am unable to decipher it. I shall have to show it to the High Priestess to see what she thinks of it - ancient Astarican is more religious than academic.

I checked the clock on the wall - mechanical, of course, and tuned to the Comet - I had a little over 30 minutes remaining before I had to see the High Priestess. Taking into account the 10 minutes it would take me to clean up, and the walk back up to the Temple, I had only 5 minutes to make sense of my notes.

Fortunately, there wasn't much to make sense of. My most recent trip had been funded by the Temple, paid up-front as was their usual arrangement, and involved searching some nearby ruins for relics. They preferred scholars for this kind of mission, as they were more likely to tell apart actual relics from useless old junk like centuries-old chamber pots. I had been only partially successful - I hadn't actually found any items to bring back, but I had managed to convince one of the archaeologists permanently camped at the ruin site to share their maps with me. Hopefully they would be enough to keep the High Priestess happy enough to keep me as their favoured scholar.

My time being up, I proceeded to the shower, and immediately after returned to the temple.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"alright, you got me. hand me that dagger, will you."
i'll buy the kruzian dagger.

after that i'll head to the carriage rental and head south into the city.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:05 pm   Post subject: Re: TerraEarth D&D: God's Land Reply with quote

Round 5

EverPhoenix

Exclamation Location: Lunawi Asgala, High Temple Exclamation
BGM

You arrive at the temple in time for your appointment, carrying with you the relevant notes from before, and, of course, the transcriber.

"Welcome back," she smiles. "How did you find the lowlands?"

"Terribly confusing culture they have," you reply. "Marvelous technology but some of it seems a touch overzealous for my taste."

"Humans are a young race. They are getting a taste for power and have been blessed with a very industrious and inventive mindset. We must pray that they do not use their gifts for evil," she said calmly. "The Comet draws ever nearer. We have the gifts to truly use its power, but we must guard ourselves as well. Technology and magic. Either is a powerful force which we must guard, and must never abuse."

You nod. You have seen the potential destruction that comes from abusing your powers. Take, for instance, the Anthros who live within the desert, who use their shape-shifting abilities for crime and evil.

"Now, I believe you said you wanted to go over something with me," The High Priestess nods.

"Oh, right."

You are carrying an Oaken Forge Staff (1d6), Robes (AC: 1), a Map of the Forge, a Digital Transcriber and 50 Gems.

Question Status Question

You are in the High Temple of Lunawi Asgala. Downstairs is the Great Hall.

There is the High Priestess and an altar here.

Do what you will.

Psychokind

Exclamation Location: The Gaol, Temple Exclamation
BGM

You enter the city of the Gaol. The city retains some of its ancient beauty even though now it is comprised mostly of ruins and rubble. The people here have, for the most part, created wondrous things out of the wreckage. A few overturned-columns were crafted into tables for meals, shattered remnants of walls were pulled together to make a large cooking furnace. The sun's blaze would make this place unbearable during the day, but only moonlight shines down on you at the moment, casting the desert city in an eerie glow.

You enter the far temple, where the large Thief Lord Borgan awaits. His spiky green hair and blood red eyes belie the wide grin on his face as you enter.

"If it isn't everyone's favorite sword-for-hire!" Borgan announces with a boisterous voice. "That was an impressive bit of work back in the Metropolis."

"Thank you," you nod politely. "I'm here for more work."

"Already?" Borgan grins. "No rest for the wicked, huh? Alright then. I might have something for you."

You are carrying an Iron Forge Dagger (1d8), a Kruzian Dagger (1d12+2), Leather Armor (AC: 2), a Map of the Forge, and 25 Gems.

A Kruzian Dagger (1d12+2) has been added to your inventory.

Question Status Question

You are in the Gaol Temple. North leads out into The Gaol City.

There is Borgan here.

Do what you will.

Question When prompted "do what you will", you are free to partake in self-defined character moments for the round. Whatever adventure you wish to partake in, the DM will accept so long as it does not impede another player. Question

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

it's been quite a while since i've been to gaol. still, not too much has changed. arriving at night makes everything look much more familiar.
"well, let's hear what you got." i reply to the thief lord. quite the accomplishment, rising this much in ranks since last time i checked.
(... i hear out his job)
"alright, fair enough. let me think about it, i just arrived. i'll contact you soon, lord of thieves." i tell borgan without being sarcastic. i take a walk around the city, and it seems most things are still in place. my favourite pub still open, those were the times. naively asking for jobs and recruting for dragonslaying when one of the veterans made a fool of me again. today i could be the veteran making fun of a "spreader", as the new sellswords are called. the nickname couldn't be more fitting. if i had had sharp blades like this in every hand like today, maybe i could have saved them back then. maybe...
well, before i can think of that again, i need money. it always comes down to this, there's no helping it.
i'll think about borgans job.

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"The transcriber. It has a curious message on it, but I don't know what it means". I play the message. As it plays, I see the High Priestess go pale.

"This is... I have been dreading this day" she says, visibly shaken.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I can't tell you yet... you have to trust me. You don't want to be a part of this."

"But the transcriber was sent to me. What does that mean?" I ask, probably more aggressively than I have a right to.

"It must have been a mistake. All I can tell you is that this concerns an ancient prophecy. It is forbidden for someone not of our Priesthood to know any more." she says with a tone of finality. I decide it is best not to push this issue.

"Very well, Priestess". I bow.

"I must convene with the Council. They must hear of this. You are dismissed, Scholar." The priestess says kindly. Perhaps she senses how much this bothers me? Is it really that big a deal?

I proceed back to my chambers, and begin my investigation as to the source of this package. Maybe it was just a mistake...
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:17 am   Post subject: Re: TerraEarth D&D: God's Land Reply with quote

Round 5

EverPhoenix

Exclamation Location: Lunawi Asgala, High Temple Exclamation
BGM

As you descend the stairs back in to the Great Hall, your research assistant rushes to greet you.

"EverPhoenix!" She calls, gasping for breath as she stops running. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

"What is it?" You ask.

"Some men were here just a moment ago raiding your lab. They took several books and papers. I told them to stop, but they just pushed me aside!"

You raise your staff. "Where did they go?"

"They were heading for the dock!" She cries. "Be careful. They were wearing the uniform of the Chimera Clan."

You scowl, familiar with the group of outlaws that operate within the Starlit Metropolis.

"I'm going after them," you say.

"I'll come too!" She offers.

"No, it's not safe. You stay here and alert the High Council," you order.

"Yes sir," she nods. "Please, don't do anything reckless."

She runs up the stairs into the temple. You head down to the docks where you see the group of men. There are three of them and they are slowly preparing a ship of their own. The Ship Master has been pushed aside and appears to be unconscious.

"Stop!" You shout.

The three bandits turn to you, drawing their weapons. The leader raises his long, thick cleaver.

"Listen, bookworm, we had to borrow some tomes from your library. We're very interested in enhancing our education. So you're just gonna let us go real peaceful like unless you want us to study the effects of our knives on your stomach."

"Why are you doing this?" You ask.

"We have our reasons, that's all you need to know. So what's it gonna be? Are you gonna fight us?"

The Fishmonger raises his pike. "If you want to fight, lad, I can help you out."

Exclamation Decision Time: Choose Your Path Exclamation

A) Fight Them
NPC Ally: Fishmonger (Strength Rating: 4/10)
Fight the enemies and recover your lost files!

B) Attempt To Tail Them
Let them go for now, but follow them back into the city.

C) Stall Them
Try to delay them until help arrives.

You are carrying an Oaken Forge Staff (1d6), Robes (AC: 1), a Map of the Forge, a Digital Transcriber and 50 Gems.

Question Status Question

You are at the docks of Lunawi Asgala. You see a set of stairs leading up into the temple proper.

There is a magical reagants shop, a fishmonger, chimera bandits and an unconscious Ship Master here.

What will you do?

Psychokind

Exclamation Location: The Gaol, Temple Exclamation
BGM

You return to Borgan.

"Alright. I'll do the job," you say.

"Very well. You know the rules. You get half the money now, and half when you complete the job. If you fail, don't make the trip back here. We'll find you and bring you back ourselves," Borgan says.

Your eyes are drawn to the heads of spreaders that adorn the far wall. Spreaders who have failed Borgan. Even with a good track record, it's not something he forgives.

"Here's the job details, and here's 150 Gems. That covers your travel expenses too, so get your moneys worth. Unless you feel like hiking in the desert," Borgan said. "Real easy one too. No time limit. Just get it done."

Exclamation Job From Borgan: Supply Heist

Description: We're constantly scraping by here in the desert, as you know. Any supplies we can "liberate" from Starlit Metropolis help us out immensely. Meet up with our associates the Chimera Clan in the Scorpio Sector and they'll assist you with the Heist.

Payment: 300 Gems (Half Now / Half On Completion)

Risk: Eh, pretty minimal on entry. It's just an outskirts warehouse. Maybe a few guards, but you'll have back up. The real risk comes from getting those supplies outside the Starlit Metropolis and back to us.

You are carrying an Iron Forge Dagger (1d8), a Kruzian Dagger (1d12+2), Leather Armor (AC: 2), a Map of the Forge, and 175 Gems.

You have been given 150 Gems.

Question Status Question

You are in the Gaol Temple. North leads out into The Gaol City.

There is Borgan here.

What will you do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: