TerraEarth Forums

Will and Lilly in Seaside Palace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhantomBPR
Level 1: Huball

Level 1: Huball

Gems 35

PostPhantomBPR Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:37 am   Post subject: Will and Lilly in Seaside Palace Reply with quote

I think one of the reasons this game has stuck with me over the years is because it just has this really vague atmosphere about it. I think that's in part owing to the translation, that just made things more bizarre than they already were, but of course, there's no denying the storyline had to have been written to be mysterious.

I really should plan to read Chariots of the Gods at some point.

Anyhow, among the other various questions that this game has brought up, why is it that Will and Lilly maintain their consciousness in the Palace while the rest of the group become translucent. For that matter, what exactly has happened to them.

Lilly describes Eric's state as though he were missing his soul. So I'm guessing it has to be Vampire activity. The fountain at the bottom of the Palace apparently produces demons who appear to be of the same nature, but as we discover they either are the citizens from Freejia, once were, or are slowly transforming. I don't know, it's a little confusing to me because I thought the transformation from human to demon required direct exposure to the Comet's Light.

Maybe I'm missing something here.

I always assumed that Will and Lilly kept their form because they were, shall we say, more enlightened humans. Will has psycho/dark power, so that alone makes sense, but Lilly is a little more strange in this sense. Still, there is no question that she is kind of a mage in her own right, not only her ability to transform, but also her certain level of wisdom she seems to have about the world around her.

Yeah, I'm throwing out a lot of ideas here, but that's what I like to do, because that's what this game brings out in me, imagination.

But to sum up for the general question of this post:

Why do you think Will and Lilly are not affected by the power of the Seaside Palace?

And more to the point, what exactly is going on in the Palace?
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it was mentioned that everyone from Itory Village is imbued with spirits' power, so I wouldn't doubt it is related to that. Only Will and Lily have any sort of spiritual power. Kara has a latent spiritual power, but she can not draw it out herself.

Regarding the Seaside Palace, it is implied that the demons holding the Mystic Statues have some sort of connection to Dark Gaia, so it stands to reason that the Vampires have methods of transforming humans into demons. A lot in the game is not explained, and a lot more in the game is not translated well. If you haven't already, check out this thread for more insight.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: