TerraEarth Forums

Hey there, TerraEarth!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raylazor
Level 2: Whisp

Gems 83

PostRaylazor Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:39 am   Post subject: Hey there, TerraEarth! Reply with quote

Hello there! My name is Raylazor and I was told to creep around the forums if I ever needed help through my own playthrough of the Gaia games.

I am totally new to the whole Quintet thing. I've never touched a Quintet game with the exception of 'Terranigma', which I'm currently playing through. (I'll avoid spoilers wherever possible.)
I plan on checking out the other two games in the Gaia series eventually, but I don't think I'd be up for playing every single game right after the other at the moment.

My hobbies include:
- Lets Playing. (Like every other kid with a mic.)
- Listening to remixes of 'Touhou' music.
- Playing videogames? (That's a given.)
- Self advertising. :p
- Searching up 'feminism' on Tumblr and watching the whole thing burn down.

I don't know if I'll actually be around here frequently, but nonetheless, it's nice to bump into this community. Hopefully we'll all get along.

Until then!
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums!

Feel free to stick around, post wherever, and just generally have a great time! Very Happy

Unlike you, I'm actually a big fan of Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia, but I haven't played Terranigma. I only recently acquired means to play it, so I plan on changing that in the coming months. Razz

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, a toehoe music fan, I see.

Yes, good....

...I mean. Shifty

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Terranigma is always a good sign! Welcome!

Gems 83

PostRaylazor Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

Feel free to stick around, post wherever, and just generally have a great time! Very Happy

Unlike you, I'm actually a big fan of Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia, but I haven't played Terranigma. I only recently acquired means to play it, so I plan on changing that in the coming months. Razz

Thanks! I'll be sure to check this site out every so often, since it seems some people still hang around here.

I'm not sure if this is a trope with the Quintet games, but are puzzles just as confusing as they are in the Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia games? I have a tough time figuring out what the game wants from me sometimes.
Terranigma is bloody long though. Let me know how that playthrough goes. xD

inferiare wrote:
Oh a toehoe music fan, I see.

Yes, good...

...I mean. Shifty

I like the games/characters as well. Although I don't really follow too deep into the individual characters and whatnot. I presume you're into the music as well? What genre do you like?

psychokind wrote:
Playing Terranigma is always a good sign! Welcome!

Much appreciated!
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Raylazor wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a trope with the Quintet games, but are puzzles just as confusing as they are in the Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia games? I have a tough time figuring out what the game wants from me sometimes.

In my experience, yes, the puzzles can be a bit obtuse, often merely due to shoddy '90s translation practices. Really, Soul Blazer doesn't have puzzles. If you're stuck, you missed a Monster Lair somewhere, or there is someone you haven't talked to yet that has an item you need.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Raylazor

Gems 83

PostRaylazor Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:

In my experience, yes, the puzzles can be a bit obtuse, often merely due to shoddy '90s translation practices. Really, Soul Blazer doesn't have puzzles. If you're stuck, you missed a Monster Lair somewhere, or there is someone you haven't talked to yet that has an item you need.

Alright, thanks. I'll be sure to keep that in mind if I ever play (letsplay) Soul Blazer.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Raylazor wrote:
I like the games/characters as well. Although I don't really follow too deep into the individual characters and whatnot. I presume you're into the music as well? What genre do you like?

Ah, I play the games too Very Happy my favourite is Perfect Cherry Blossom, favourite character is probably Reimu and Alice.

IOSYS and Silver Forest are up there in favourites for music, though there's been a few here and there I really like. Their group names are escaping me at the moment.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Raylazor

Gems 83

PostRaylazor Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
Ah, I play the games too Very Happy my favourite is Perfect Cherry Blossom, favourite character is probably Reimu and Alice.

IOSYS and Silver Forest are up there in favourites for music, though there's been a few here and there I really like. Their group names are escaping me at the moment.

Alice is pretty slick. I can't really decide on favourite characters. There's just way too many, and a lot of them have their own interesting tropes for stories and whatnot.
IOSYS is an awesome pick. Although I've listened to only a few songs (Marisa Stole The Precious Thing), I find their composition quite enjoyable.
I personally look out for 'Demetori', 'Crows'Claw', 'Electric Red', 'UI-70', and other songs. Although I love pretty much all genres and remixes (excluding dubstep)

Have you heard of the YouTube channel 'Nitori Kappashiro'? There's bucket loads of touhou songs there if you're every interested. I like having the playlist just go on while I do my daily life.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, I have not! I'll have to give it a listen to when I need some good background noise for sure. Thanks for the rec!

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: