TerraEarth Forums

Jason Tandro Joins The Eight Gen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:37 pm   Post subject: Jason Tandro Joins The Eight Gen Reply with quote

So we did something pretty frivolous with part of our tax return and bought a PS4. My PSN handle is Jason Tandro (you might find it under my real name of Micah Rodney too). I've got GTAV, Last of Us, PT, CoD: Ghosts and I downloaded an Indie game called "Home".

I'm also trying out a free demo of FFXIV (my name on there too is Jason Tandro) and if I like it I might get the real thing and a subscription.

Anyways, any of you all wanna hang out on PSN, just add me.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon. You will join the Dark Side that is FFXIV. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, the deed is done. I have got the full game and subscription. Already Level 15.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCELLENT I will find a way to server transfer you to Balmung so we can raid dungeons and such. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
EXCELLENT I will find a way to server transfer you to Balmung so we can raid dungeons and such. Very Happy

Well attending a wedding this Sunday and am part of a Free Company <-Frost-> Pretty cool folks and I'm interested to see how this wedding goes.

What I want to do is make a new character who is a healer. Support characters get all the love in Party Finder.

EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't make new characters, you just pick up a new weapon.

Conjurers are fun healers, they end up as White Mages. Their HQ is in Gridania, and you get HOLY at lvl40 which is a mana-intensive, STUN EVERYTHING aoe spell centered on you. Also, Medica 2 is obscene.

I might get back into it soon, but I'll be server jumping to my friends in Australia.

What class did you start? Protip: use your story quests to level a dps. The other class types get enough attention in the party finder, so you'll have your daily roulette (basically a level a day minimum) for your healer/tank.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
You don't make new characters, you just pick up a new weapon.

Conjurers are fun healers, they end up as White Mages. Their HQ is in Gridania, and you get HOLY at lvl40 which is a mana-intensive, STUN EVERYTHING aoe spell centered on you. Also, Medica 2 is obscene.

I might get back into it soon, but I'll be server jumping to my friends in Australia.

What class did you start? Protip: use your story quests to level a dps. The other class types get enough attention in the party finder, so you'll have your daily roulette (basically a level a day minimum) for your healer/tank.

My starting class, did you have to ask bro? Lancer man. Jason Tandro is a lancer through and through. Might throw on Conjurer or something to give him some magic.

He's currently rocking out on Aether - Goblin, and my mage Dende Littlegreen is chilling at Aether - Coeurl. Though I imagine you're on the EU servers?

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be warned that the classes that are your secondary and tertiary are going to be cross-classed into whatever you're maining. I believe your secondary is Marauder and then tertiary is Pugilist. MRD for Fracture, and PGL for Mantra (level... 42? I think?)

You have limited cross-class slots, and I'm not sure if CNJ's Cure carries over at a higher level (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't - like, once you hit 30 as a THM and actually become a BLM, you lose the ability to cast Cure or cross-class from CNJ/WHM.) If it does, use it for soloing, but switch it out if you go into a dungeon or a raid.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Conjurer's Cure is cross-class to everyone until they take their Job. So happy heals until you decide to become a Dragoon.

I'm still operating under "Will get into it soon", keen to go raiding with friends on a ~weekly basis. If only there was a play I could have my hands in all the cookie jars and play online on a server with good ping, with you guys AND with my aussie friends...
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
Conjurer's Cure is cross-class to everyone until they take their Job. So happy heals until you decide to become a Dragoon.

I'm still operating under "Will get into it soon", keen to go raiding with friends on a ~weekly basis. If only there was a play I could have my hands in all the cookie jars and play online on a server with good ping, with you guys AND with my aussie friends...

Apparently all the servers, EU, American and Japanese are in the same place:

Canada.

Allegedly service shouldn't differ by much.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The cash shop funds are going for making an EU data center so the EU players don't have to go across the pond for server data.

I'd imagine the JP have their own not in Canada though. Wouldn't make much sense for them to have to connect to a data center not near them. Confused

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
The cash shop funds are going for making an EU data center so the EU players don't have to go across the pond for server data.

I'd imagine the JP have their own not in Canada though. Wouldn't make much sense for them to have to connect to a data center not near them. Confused

Silly Raini... don't you know Governor Palin can see Japan from her back yard?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: