TerraEarth Forums

Star Wars.... my primary obsessive bout of fanboy-ism
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caster

PostCaster Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:52 am   Post subject: Star Wars.... my primary obsessive bout of fanboy-ism Reply with quote

I love Star Wars. Of all shapes, sizes, and forms. Especially Empire Strikes Back. Star Wars is great. I can't get enough of Star Wars. Does anybody else here like Star Wars?

....Star Wars.
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do. I joke with my brother alot about how we wish we lived in star wars and would kill just to have a vacation on Kashyyk. Very Happy

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a Star Wars geek for about 10-11 years now. I even have toys from the original Star Wars (a Micro Machines Millenium Falcon, and collectors edition bronze figures), plus my old AOL screenname was Milfalcon (paying homage to the Millenium Falcon, of course)

Hell, I had my own character in the Star Wars universe after reading the old Young Jedi Knights series. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
MILFalcon

Shifty

And yes, I do love the young jedi knights series even if I only read two of them. Very Happy

Yay! I won something!
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aoiga wrote:
rainichan wrote:
MILFalcon

Shifty

And yes, I do love the young jedi knights series even if I only read two of them. Very Happy

Mr. Green Yes, like it was intentional when I was 11....

If that word even existed when I was 11.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I am very sentimental about SW. It got me into Scifi which - in the end - had changed my whole outlook on life. I would be a completely different person today if it wasn't for good ol' George's stories. Very Happy

Yay! I won something!
Caster

PostCaster Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay. The second question: How would you rate the six films? Here's mine, in order:

1. Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back *Freaking awesome*
2. Episode IV: A New Hope (Or for any hopeless purists out there, Star Wars) *see above*
3. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith *see previous two*
4. Episode VI: Return of the Jedi *apart from the ewoks, see previous three*
5. Episode I: The Phantom Menace *Underrated film! UNDERRATED!*
6. Episode II: Attack of the Clones *Not quite as underrated as Menace, but still UNDERRATED*
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Return of the Jedi is my favourite. Only because it was the first one I ever saw, and it got me into the fandom. Very Happy I can't really rate the others, but I like the original trilogy more than the new one.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
2. Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
3. Episode IV: A New Hope
4. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
5. Episode II: Attack of the Clones
6. Episode I: The Phantom Menace

I put episode one last because I saw it so many times and have gotten REALLY tired of it. I put VI first because I loved it's action sequences and that overall feeling of together-ness at the end of the series.
I have watched them so many times I don't really enjoy them as much as I used to... But it's all good. Cool

Yay! I won something!
Coz
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I sorta like it, but im not so much of a fan..

I hate when things seem out of proportions or really really stupid, fake or whatever.

Example:
*Episode 3 movie SPOILER*Episode 3 movie SPOILER*Episode 3 movie SPOILER*Episode 3 movie SPOILER*

This guy Skywalker. The one who turns into Darth Vader. In episode 3, when the only jedi master left is fighting the Sith guy, and the Sith guy is already beaten.

What kind of fool who, supposedly, was trained for soooo many years in jedi arts, would choose kill a jedi master instead of killing a sith lord? they have been looking for him sooo long...

Not only that, when the Sith lord attacks back the Jedi Master, he lets the Sith lord finish him.

And even more, after that, the guy goes and when the Sith lord tells him to join him, he didn't even resisted, he inmediatedly kneeled down. Yes, supposedly it was to save his girl, however... he almost kills her towards the end of the movie.

So this guy who wrote the story is trying to tell me that, someone who was trained since he was 9, suddently, without giving it much tought, betrayed all that he knows since he was 9 yrs old, thus he betrays his own knowledge and memories. Also that same guy, doesn't simply betrays it, but does it in one of the ways that are the most opposed to is that he, supposedly, beleives in. Yeah you know, killing kids, jedis, trying to kill his master, trying to kill his girl... Also that same guy trusts a person who he barely sees, Palpatine, than his friend from childhood and master.

It seems to me the writer didn't knew how to represent how a person that is supposedly to be one who doesn't knows how to do evil, till palpatine stepped in, turned in a few days to the complete opposite of his ideals.

I have another gripe, not only it's imposible for something to remain alive and be as close to lava for so long as Kenobi and Annakin did, but Annakin was cut in half, burned and let to die. Then after who knows how many hours, he was recovered. In real life, if you shoot a person, or stab that person with a knife, in your right side of the chest(so its not even in the heart), that person will die in a few minutes. And by a few minutes, I mean less than 10 minutes.

And even more, I read some stuff that was posible to be part 7, 8 and 9(book I guess, since the guy sayd didn't wanted more movies), in part 9, the dark side is destroyed. Guess how? they make a planet be consumed by a black hole. Supposedly that planet is the source of the dark side. >.> Come on, a planet is the source of a power that if found inside everyone and in every part of the universe? and no side effects? you know, since the force is in everything and sh*t. So does the light side has a place where it comes from? If I destroy both planets, wouldn't everything end? shouldn't it have damaged something to destroy a side of the force?

It sounds too fake to me.

*END OF SPOILER*END OF SPOILER*END OF SPOILER*END OF SPOILER*
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno coz,

May have spoilers I suppose if you haven't seen it.
He may have trained for so many years, however he was counted as old when he first started his training, therefore some areas of his mind had already been set in ways they usually wouldn't have. He had already seen his mother die and didn't want to let his little gf die also he felt he needed her i suppose even though she doesn't seem to age at the same rate as he did Tongue out . The only way was to learn the dark side etc, so he gave in to his sorrow and whatnot.

Earlier on he had gone against the whole Jedi thing by slaughtering the sand people, and already felt hatred and anguish and all those other little emotions that Jedi shouldn't feel, which made it all that much easier for him to submit to Palpatine. Not only that, but Palpatine had been his friend all those years he was in training, always telling him how much better he was than the others etc, its just the movies didn't show all that much of it. By the time of the kid killing he would have felt he had already gone that far to save her that it wouldn't matter anymore. But when Padme showed up with Obi in the ship in a cloud of rage, because she had 'betrayed' him, almost choked her to death. But of course she lives to die a few minutes later in the movie. Which led to the goddamned horrible "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" bit of the movie. Eek!

Is the planet being destroyed from some reliable information? Because If it is then I agree completely that it would be complete BS for the dark side to be destroyed like that. That it would even only be in existance because of a mere planet

Anyway, thats my two cents.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" [/Vader]

Though Pedro from Excel Saga did it first, and it was SO much funnier.

Anyways. I heard the same thing that Lucas wanted to make a 7-8-9 trilogy. I guess Lucas contacted Mark Hamil about it, and wanted Hamil to play in it again. *shrug* Not that I would mind it, but jeez. You can only milk the cash cow so much.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars 7-9: The Jar-Jar Binks Trilogy.

All Jar-Jar, all the time.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

I do think it would be more centered around Leia and Han's children (Jaina, Jacen and Anakin), since they would be the generation after them....since they're all old. Cool

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakin Solo is gonna balance the force?! Is he the CHOSEN one?! and whilst he does that Jaina and Jacen can hang around in the background somewhere and become slow moving, pathetic Jedi's just like their uncly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: