TerraEarth Forums

Does anyone post here anymore?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

NEVER. The future is where it's at. We have Pepsi in those weird bottles from Back to the Future. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Faeyn
Level 1: Huball

Level 1: Huball

Gems 30

PostFaeyn Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

<< >>
And here I was posting on the wrong area like a dork. XP
YO I have one idea. I just got here, and if anyones interested I was gonna do a livestream of terrnigma and maybe the other 2 games to get the forum back into coummincation with each other.

Granted it would be on livestream, but if there's a way to get everyone together I'm willing to do something!!
Verum Vitae
Dragonmaster

Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 376

PostVerum Vitae Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yknow, I haven't visited this forum in years. It's literally been years.
I haven't posted in longer than that.

For what it's worth, this was the first forum I ever actually joined, though I can't, for the life of me, remember why.
It was ten years or so ago that I joined, and I made a lot of good friends here. Sadly, I'm out of contact with all of them. I wish I could say that I kept in touch with the really important ones, but I couldn't, in spite of wanting to.

Coming back and seeing recent posts has given me a touch of nostalgia, and I'm afraid that though I want to be active in the future, I've been gone way too long for me to come back without completely reinventing myself.

So, hey, guys. It's been a long time.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, welcome back! Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Verum Vitae
Dragonmaster

Gems 376

PostVerum Vitae Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so good to be back, I missed my haven!
First home, and I keep coming back <3
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy how long this forum has been around for. Only old school style forum I still post on. Used to active on tonnes of places like this, and now only TE lives on.

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh so quick update:

- Married with a two year old daughter.

- Most active on FB and thelifestream.net Forums (where I act as Community Manager and one of the regular guests on the Podcast).

- I don't use AIM, MSN Messenger or Google Hangouts. I use Skype on rare ocassions for vid chat only. I don't do the Google Plus

- TE: B is Cancelled without any plans in the future to revive it. The development hell is worse than TE:A's and I've moved onto other things such as an FF Fan Game (which even then I'm going very very slowly on).

- Working as a Night Auditor at a hotel... again.

- I have smoked the weed. Didn't explode. I'm a casual smoker.

- No longer a conservative twat. Now I'm just a twat (seriously reading my old posts from years back and the cringe is so hard).

- I am now "Buddhist Agnostic", essentially I believe in the morals of buddhism but not certain I buy the theology. I have read through the Dhammapada and like what I read.

- I'm also doing a scholarly study of world religions. So far I've looked into Satanism (LaVey Satanism), Taoism (read the Tao-Te Ching and the I Ching), Buddhism (Dhammapada) and am currently on Hinduism (read the Bhagavad Gita, part of the Mahabharata, and am listening to an audiobook of the Upanishads. Then I get to tackle the Vedas which is loooong.) Also plan to look into Wicca, Islam, Judaism and Christianity (i.e. reading the holy books of them). Fascinating endeavor and I recommend it.

How Active You Plan on Being?

We'll see. I'll stick around and respond just don't expect me to start up any big projects in the forseeable future.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Jason! Very Happy

My update...

Still happily single. Might want kids someday, not sure. Not looking for marriage though.

Now 34. When I was last on here, I was, um...29? 28? Something like that. xD

Working as a trainee accountant. Actually doing pretty well at it.

Studying for my professional accounting qualifications. Actually doing pretty suckily at the exams though. Razz

Haven't used an instant messenger service in years. Always available by email though. Smile

Currently recovering from burning my hand on a frying pan-ful of hot fat last week. >_<

Still not losing weight. :/

I am an Assistant Cub Scout leader, and according to records I'll have been for 5 years this November. Which is cool, as I get a 5yr service award for that. I really enjoy it, working with the young'uns.

I'm an Atheist. And yes, these days the Scout Association officially doesn't give a shit about that and lets Atheists openly join now, which is good as it means I've finally been able to stop lying and saying I'm a Christian. xD

I try to come by every now and then...but I'll probably forget on occasion, I'm like that. Terrible memory.

I also have a terrible memory.
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet jesus jason that's like some 180 degrees turnaround Very Happy you went to hell and back in your less active time?
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

@YETI: Sorry about your hand mate, but it's cool that you work with the Scouts. Accounting eh? Well in a lucrative field like that you can be... accounting on meeting a mate soon. Very Happy

psychokind wrote:
sweet jesus jason that's like some 180 degrees turnaround Very Happy you went to hell and back in your less active time?

I will probably at some point do a vlog explaining all this in detail, but essentially yes. It all began with the shitty days during the townhouse (which I know I whined about ad naseum here on the boards) which basically snapped me into shape as an adult but instilled some hard-eased conservative fundamentalism into me.

While I did definitely get screwed, I also gained this entitled sense of "I must be right because I'm the only person who made it through that hell" which is at the best of times a simplistic mindset and outright moronic in practice. Over the next few years I clung to the Mormon church but surrounding myself with the people of the internet (who by and large lean liberal and are notorious fact-checkers) a lot of the ideals that I once held I found no longer made any sense, I didn't believe them anymore or else they were flat out lies.

It all came to a head about two years ago when I was on the Lifestream Forums. I owe a fair amount of my turnaround to the debates I got into there and arguing with people much smarter than I (and also one irritating twat who eventually got banned for being a prick, but that's another story). Then the Mormon Church decided to pass it's latest anti-gay declaration which said that children of gay parents would not be allowed to get blessings from the Church. There is, to be fair, a semi-reasonable explanation given by the church (they don't want to do anything against the wishes of the parents) but it just highlighted how fucking backwards the church was about homosexuality and how I'd basically been brainwashed my entire life by my overzealous father.

I went agnostic from there, which was a scary as hell time for me. I mean even when I was a "bad Mormon" I was still Mormon. I still identified as something. I no longer had that life-preserver and so I had to learn to swim. I began a sort of spiritual journey, seeking both mental and spiritual enlightenment. It began by thoroughly testing all my once held beliefs and eventually onto this study of religions that I've done and from there to my adoption of Buddhism. I'm still on this "journey" so to speak but each day I'm trying something I would never have dared before now, including trying marijuana, looking into other faiths, changing my political views, etc etc.

That was a mouthful and that's just the short-version. Very Happy

Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
@YETI: Sorry about your hand mate, but it's cool that you work with the Scouts. Accounting eh? Well in a lucrative field like that you can be... accounting on meeting a mate soon. Very Happy

That's okay, thanks - my hand is healing pretty well, although it's still kinda discoloured and blistered at the moment. It'll teach me to be more careful around hot fat in future. xD

Yeah, I've been in the Scouts since I joined the Beavers at age 6. I'll probably be a Scout Leader til I drop. Razz

Oooh, bad pun there Jase. Wink Accounting may be a lucrative field, but working in a practise isn't. In fact, I'm on the national minimum wage, just £7.20/hr. xD Working in a big firm's finance department is the only way to get at the big bucks unfortunately, so I'll have to bide my time and find a better role once I've finished my exams...
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:

psychokind wrote:

I will probably at some point do a vlog explaining all this in detail, but essentially yes. It all began with the shitty days during the townhouse (which I know I whined about ad naseum here on the boards) which basically snapped me into shape as an adult but instilled some hard-eased conservative fundamentalism into me.

While I did definitely get screwed, I also gained this entitled sense of "I must be right because I'm the only person who made it through that hell" which is at the best of times a simplistic mindset and outright moronic in practice. Over the next few years I clung to the Mormon church but surrounding myself with the people of the internet (who by and large lean liberal and are notorious fact-checkers) a lot of the ideals that I once held I found no longer made any sense, I didn't believe them anymore or else they were flat out lies.

It all came to a head about two years ago when I was on the Lifestream Forums. I owe a fair amount of my turnaround to the debates I got into there and arguing with people much smarter than I (and also one irritating twat who eventually got banned for being a prick, but that's another story). Then the Mormon Church decided to pass it's latest anti-gay declaration which said that children of gay parents would not be allowed to get blessings from the Church. There is, to be fair, a semi-reasonable explanation given by the church (they don't want to do anything against the wishes of the parents) but it just highlighted how fucking backwards the church was about homosexuality and how I'd basically been brainwashed my entire life by my overzealous father.

I went agnostic from there, which was a scary as hell time for me. I mean even when I was a "bad Mormon" I was still Mormon. I still identified as something. I no longer had that life-preserver and so I had to learn to swim. I began a sort of spiritual journey, seeking both mental and spiritual enlightenment. It began by thoroughly testing all my once held beliefs and eventually onto this study of religions that I've done and from there to my adoption of Buddhism. I'm still on this "journey" so to speak but each day I'm trying something I would never have dared before now, including trying marijuana, looking into other faiths, changing my political views, etc etc.

That was a mouthful and that's just the short-version. Very Happy

well from one extreme to the other - I hope you'll find your middle ground (if you are even looking for one). but life without change (and be it of opinions) would be rather boring, wouldn't it?

you should visit germany for an internship at my workplace, you would return to the US and thank all gods available that you can still live in a country where the people still have strength left to think about religion Crying
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't necessarily call Buddhism the other extreme. The other extreme would be an atheist SJW anti-vaxxer. Laughing

The point is I'm ever evolving, or at least that is the hope. As you say, a stagnant life is a boring life.

If I was going to go to Germany it would be for the beer. Our beer is piss. Very Happy

Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Wouldn't necessarily call Buddhism the other extreme. The other extreme would be an atheist SJW anti-vaxxer. Laughing

The point is I'm ever evolving, or at least that is the hope. As you say, a stagnant life is a boring life.

If I was going to go to Germany it would be for the beer. Our beer is piss. Very Happy

I take a slight offence at atheist being in there. Razz
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet One More Idiot wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:

I take a slight offence at atheist being in there. Razz

Not that the three are related mind, but atheist is the logical extreme opposite of "super religious". Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: