TerraEarth Forums

Weekly Poll #2: Current Console Generation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which current console is your favorite?
XBOX One X
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
PS4
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Nintendo Wii U
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Nintendo Switch
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
I don't really care for any of these.
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:50 am   Post subject: Weekly Poll #2: Current Console Generation Reply with quote

Well let's do a vidya game related one for this week. The current generation of consoles is... let's be generous and call it a mixed bag. I realize the Nintendo Switch is technically part of the upcoming generation but we'll throw it in here too to give Nintendo a fighting chance.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, Imma be totally honest here.

I voted for Nintendo Wii U because I have played on a Nintendo Wii and I did really like it. I have not used a Wii U ever though.

The Wii that I played on is in fact my sister's.

I myself still only have a SNES and an N64 on which to play. xD

But as we've always been a fully Nintendo-based household (we also both have classic Gameboys, and my sis has a DS), I had to vote for Nintendo on this one. Smile
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a sega genesis somewhere, I rarely play it because I have everything on an emulator nowadays. I play SNES a lot, genesis or playstation from time to time. I don't see the need for consoles, I even played twilight princess on a gamecube emulator.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The old school is the best school. I've been systematically reassembling the greatest of the greats on the virtual console on my 3DS and PSP (the latter is mainly a Squaresoft and Spyro machine). And of course emulators, but I find myself using them a lot less these days now that sit is just available everywhere where once it was not. Only a handful of games I still can't find reasonably anywhere and may need to emulate. For instance, I had a random craving to play the original Digimon World game for PS1 but that's not on any VC, but the later games are.

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

the games I would need would simply be too expensive or not available. Terranigma, Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3 and so on. I'm planing on buying a nice android box when we're in the house and emulate directly on my tv with some bluetooth controllers.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That actually sounds pretty sweet man. What we did was used an HDMI cable to link my computer to my friends sweet big ass TV and used all of its high tech fancy HD-ness to play... Super Mario Bros 3. Laughing

Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

the raspberry pi makes a pretty sweet emulation machine, I can also recomment the NES Classic Mini for your nostalgic gaming.

I am the proud owner of a SNES, and I'm rebuilding a pretty sweet collection atm.

That, plus my Japanese Framemeister are an insanely great combination to game on a big TV

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
the raspberry pi makes a pretty sweet emulation machine, I can also recomment the NES Classic Mini for your nostalgic gaming.

I hear that a lot, is it complicated to set up? is it running a normal PC emulator?

Quote:
That, plus my Japanese Framemeister are an insanely great combination to game on a big TV

what's that? Very Happy
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I primarily play on ps4 or my PC, so.... ps4. No need for an Xbone, no games really appeal to me on it or they're released on a console I have.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
Blade wrote:

I hear that a lot, is it complicated to set up? is it running a normal PC emulator?

Quote:

what's that? Very Happy

@raspberrypi: dont really know, I got the SNES Classic aswell, which is quite sweet. Though it can't be THAT hard, try to look it up on youtube?

@Framemeister: its a Taiwan produced sold in Japan upscaling unit. I takes ANY signal (240p/480i from the SNES for example) and scales it up to true 720p or 1080p. With tge right SNES RGB cable you get a crystal clear video on a modern flatscreen, even with optional scanlines.

Its quite pricey though, we're talking almost 400 €.

AND the N64, even with an RGB mod is still not that nice. And the SNES classic mini is hackable, and you can add any game you like to the already pre installed 21.

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
psychokind wrote:
Blade wrote:

Quote:

what's that? Very Happy

@raspberrypi: dont really know, I got the SNES Classic aswell, which is quite sweet. Though it can't be THAT hard, try to look it up on youtube?

@Framemeister: its a Taiwan produced sold in Japan upscaling unit. I takes ANY signal (240p/480i from the SNES for example) and scales it up to true 720p or 1080p. With tge right SNES RGB cable you get a crystal clear video on a modern flatscreen, even with optional scanlines.

Its quite pricey though, we're talking almost 400 €.

AND the N64, even with an RGB mod is still not that nice. And the SNES classic mini is hackable, and you can add any game you like to the already pre installed 21.

that's almost half a tv Eek!

I always thought I'd just buy an android box and set up an emulator, seems it's not that easy.

If you hack the SNES classic mini, do you import normal roms then? do they upscale on a big tv?
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone with a hacked SNES mini, I can confirm it is great. Most games work flawlessly and the SNES Mini does it naturally once you have them installed. Some games dont work correctly, sadly IoG and Terranigma fall into these categories. IoG plain dosent work while Terranigma has no sound, thankfully you can install a custom emulator that runs most games the the Mini dosent do naturally (IoG still dosent work though, Terranigma runs great).

Heres a Reddit Link explaining the steps to do it, its actually pretty easy to hack them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmods/comments/751rhw/new_user_step_by_step_guide_to_installing_hakchi/

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, thx! I'll keep that in mind for later, since I will be upgrading my gear once I move into the house and the financial things have settled down.

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

...and it scales up to 720p, which then can be easily upscaled to 1080p or 4K if the TV can handle it.

And yeah, the Framemeister is half a TV, but I already have a TV Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: