TerraEarth Forums

Zombie Holocaust Uprising
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:11 am   Post subject: Zombie Holocaust Uprising Reply with quote

Play BGM

Sun sets over the mountains that surround the thriving metropolis of Euro. The fathoms old city that was nestled in the bosom of the vast northern continent had been the heart of culture for human society since time immemorial. Where there had been Kruks and camels there were now cars and bikes. Where there had been wide stone architecture there were steel skyscrapers and wood and mortar houses. Time invariably changed everything external.

But within, old fears remained the same. Tales of phantoms slunk through the nightmares of the populace - a creeping moss as old as the city itself. Through these tales was the history of humanity unified. It was a form of time travel - the fear of darkness taking the modern man back to his primordial roots.

However, these were not mere tales. These were the unpleasant truths that man hid from in the daylight. And tonight these phantoms would become more than just myths. Tonight they would crawl out of the nightmares.

ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST: UPRISING

Round 1: Nightfall

Exclamation psychokind Exclamation

Play BGM

The cathedral was packed with people. The night's terrors brought even the unworthy to pray before the altar of God. The weak and righteous alike used it as a shield and yet walked amongst sin in their daily lives. You can practically smell it on them. They are the ones who sit in the back, and cannot seem to bring their eyes to face the statue of the one true god.

There is a pleasant old woman you recognize, the same one who sits here every night. You know of her affliction. You know that she does not have much time left. And yet she continues to pray as she has ever since she was a girl. Frail though she is, she may be the strongest person in this entire building. Of course everyone here will be dead sooner rather than later, but in the ways that matter, to those who are strong, death is merely a transition.

You pace along the podium towards the priest, Father Andes, perhaps the only person in the world who truly understands you. He knows of your parentage, and of your gifts, but has tempered you into the man you are today.

"In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas," the priest says by way of greeting, the motto of sorts for your little "project". You have no problem with the part about unity and freedom. It is the part about "in all things charity" that gives you pause. Not everyone is deserving of such grace.

"The flock seems to be growing," he continues. "This cathedral is one of the few places left that seems to be truly safe. And with the reports of disappearances and strange murders, more and more people seem to be drawn to repentance."

They are drawn a beacon of safety, nothing more, you think, but keep these thoughts to yourself for the time being.

"I was wondering if I could use your skills as an Inquisitor, my friend. There have been rumors of a strange development near one of the new business upstarts in town, a company called Aegis Inc. They wish to commercialize holy artifacts, which would present some problems as you can imagine."

Thou shalt have no other gods before, thou shalt not worship any false idols, you think. Of course it is a problem. The last threads of the sacred are falling away with each passing day.

"Take a moment to collect yourself and whatever you might need and then head downtown to the Aegis building, a skyrise on Greenholm Ave. And do be careful. The streets aren't safe at night anymore."

Recommended Actions
1) Head to Aegis Inc. (1 travel round)
2) Talk to the locals.

ExclamationBlade Exclamation

Play BGM

You lean against a broken down jeep in the forest on the outskirts of town. The cover of the trees is nice, the ample supply of meat and beer is even better. Your clan is around you, same as they've been ever since you all turned. The alpha sits atop a custom military grade Hummer, a sort of throne as two of his she-toys sit beside him, one holding his stein and the other running a hand through his hair.

The encampment has been your home since you turned a few years ago. A massive bonfire blazes in the center of a large clearing, and the trees around it are connected by a web of netting and barricades. A few barrel fires are scattered about as half of this natural clearing is an old junkyard for ruined vehicles in various states of disrepair. A massive prison bus serves the pack's collective bedroom, though from the sounds echoing from within, it's presently being used for some... private functions.

The radio blares, a loud warcry that can be heard for miles around. It's a challenge to any other creatures of the night - come and try something, we dare you.

You chew into a massive leg of meat, washing it down with your preferred liquor. You're halfway drunk enough to try your luck with this blonde number on the far side of the bonfire when the alpha calls out to you.

"Hey! Blade, come here for a second!"

You groan a bit, but do as you're told. He's the alpha, and the pack follows their rules. You walk through the small pack of your fellows and see his eyes following you, the flames shimmering off his eyes.

"We've been getting some reports of some... unpleasant scent on the city edge," the Alpha said. "I think it might be a good chance for you to test out your hunting skill properly. You've always been hunting with the pack, but now is a good chance for you to take on something solo."

You aren't so certain about this. The pack is what makes you all strong. Individually is a different story altogether.

"I know it's different from what you're used to, but the pack is only strong if its members are strong. Just use what we've taught you and you'll be fine. It's probably nothing, but it's important that we know what's hanging around our borders. If it's something you can't handle by yourself, come back to us immediately," the Alpha said.

Reccommended Actions
1) Scout out the strange scent (1 travel round)
2) Talk to the locals.

Rest in peace, old avatar.

Last edited by Jason Tandro on Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Heat to Aegis Inc.

[i]Slothfulness casts into a deep sleep, and the idle soul shall suffer hunger.[/i]

"I'll be on my way right away Father. To grab the evil by its roots, they say where I'm from. Do not worry about me, although it would be reassuring if I'd know you include me in your prayers."

I take my time to walk up to the old woman, give here my blessings on the way out. It's not necessary for everyone to lose hope in these dark times.
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

2) Talk to the locals. And the blonde chick.

"Aight Chief, I'll be on my way, just gimme five."

(I'm really sorry for the late reply guys, I was kept busy the whole week)

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Play BGM

Your trek down the city streets is uneventful, cloaked in the night as you are. You hear around you the distant sounds of the torment that the night has become. While there has been no official pronouncement yet, all the citizens know better than to be out wandering the streets at night.

Shambling corpses have been seen in small quantities around the dark parts of the megalopolis and a city this size has many, many dark places. But there are other fiends that abound that you can sense. A rumored tribe of werewolves out in the forest, a strange recursion of the vampires that once plagued the land of Mu in ancient times, and other terrors unknown to you at the moment.

You take a moment to realize the slight irony of the fact that while you hunt these things, to the lesser man you might be one of those things that go bump in the night. And to the unrepentant sinner, you most certainly are.

The enormous structure of Aegis Inc. now stands before you, locked up tight of course. You find it humorous that the purported new answer to the rumors of the undead menace fears the night. You see a number of possible ways in. You could break the door down, though that would be perhaps needlessly crude. There is a fire escape that you might leap to and climb until you found a loose window. Alternatively, albeit the least glamorous, would be to enter via the sewers.

Recommended Options:
1) Break the door down!
2) Enter via the sewers.
3) Use the Fire Escape.

Exclamation Blade Exclamation

Play BGM

You walk around the bonfire for a bit to collect your thoughts before heading out. You notice the blonde has remained, as if waiting for you to return and is sitting in a pose that indicates she very much wants to speak to you. You lean down beside her and tell her about your assignment.

"It's gotta be vampires," she says. "We've been hearing reports from some of the hunting parties that there are some weird looking dudes just following out movements."

Another girl slides on your otherside, with jet black hair and wearing an especially rugged denim outfit. She's clearly one of the hunters.

"You're going out there? Alone?" She demands.

You nod. After all those were the alphas instructions.

"Look, I get that the alpha thinks this is some kind of a test for you but he hasn't hunted in so long he doesn't know what's out there," she says.

The blonde nods. "Honestly, I've been thinking the same thing. And several others have as well. It might be time for a new alpha."

She marks your neck with a love bite before standing up and going over to get something to eat. You turn to the ebon-haired hunter and she nods conspiratorially.

"Look. I realize this is a lot to think about and it hasn't been done before now. But the Alpha is getting older and weaker and we need a strong leader. You're one of the strongest warriors we have even if you've never been solo before. Let me go with you and I'll keep my distance and just appraise how you handle the situation. If you do well, I might be able to convince the hunters to back you as the new Alpha."

A lot is running through your head at this sudden pronouncement from two girls that you should be the alpha. And while the idea of having a nearly infinite numbers of submissive females at your beck and call does you drunk self a great deal of good, there is a massive responsibility. An alpha must be adapted to all four of the pack functions.

There are the Warriors, which are designed to protect the pack from incoming danger. That 's what you are already, and are best at.

There are the Hunters who both find food and are used for stealthy operations. You are... decidedly not that stealthy.

There are the Builders who piece together your defenses and fix your cars. You can build a fire and a barricade and that's about it.

And then there are the Broodmothers, the ones responsible for raising your young and being mated with to grow the pack. You decidedly lack the components to be one, but you have spent a decent amount of time with a few. You begin to wonder if the blonde isn't a Broodmother. That said, with your pack so small there are no young as of yet, and the Broodmothers have only recently begun to show signs that young may be on the way.

There was much to learn and none of it really mattered until you completed the task you were assigned.

"So what do you say, sir?" The hunter asked.

Recommended Actions:
1) Complete the task solo.
2) Complete the task with the Hunter.
3) Complete the task with the Hunter following and observing you.

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

"...and anything else that can withstand fire must be put through the fire, and then it will be clean."

No need for violence at this point. I should avoid the sewers as there is propably even less order than on the ground above. the fire escape could help me even get an overview, maybe even a way in.

3) Use the Fire Escape.

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

After a long and thoughtful stare at the Huntress' cleavage, he says:

"Hey Babe listen up, that's a big idea you tryna put in my head, but jeez...becoming the Alpha?
I like killing and doing my thing, but deciding for the whole pack? Responsibilities?
Heck, I might aswell call a girl after a One-Night-Stand!"

(To himself he things "Best case she helps me out of a sticky situation, but worst cases are she gets me into a sticky, the Alpha sent her to test me, or whatever...)

He heads to a barrel of rainwater, splashes some water on face and neck to clear the head, and then leaves camp to 1) Complete the task solo.

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jason Tandro"]Exclamation psychokind Exclamation

Play BGM

You make your way up the fire escape, choosing to ascend it at a normal human pace to avoid being noticed. It goes quite a way up, nearly to the top floor and for all the skyscraper's modernity it remains a narrow metal wreck, made no less sturdy for it's freshness.

The chill of the virgin metal on your hands causes them to sting after a while, but you eventually make it to the top, a small office on the the 45th floor. And as luck would have it the window appears to be ajar. You slide it open and then return it to its original position.

You feel yourself growing a bit more confident now that you are off the death trap and take a listen outside the office for any passerbys. Nobody is here, of course, and you open the door and quickly make your way through the hallways up to the top floor. Your mind is racing as you try to pinpoint exactly where the head office would be, but to your utter bewilderment the entire top floor is a bright open layout with only three offices and it is apparent by the sheer size of the thing whose office is the ringleader's.

You easily pick the lock and make your way inside, pulling up the computer system. Computers were never your forte but a quick scan around the office and your own intuition helps you decipher the buffoon's very secure password of "password" in mere moments.

You click through a few promising looking folders and begin to download them to your thumb drive. It is only then that you hear the faint sound of footsteps outside. The swish of a flashlight tells you that it is likely a night security guard. You shut the door behind you but that doesn't mean anything. If he checks the locks you could be in trouble. The file hasn't finished downloading, only at around 50% or so. Your heart is racing, but not out of fear. It's racing from the anticipation of an easy kill. But is it a justified one?

Recommended Actions:
1. Take out the Security Guard.
2. Stay hidden and try to wait it out.
3. Grab the flash drive and bolt.

Play BGM

You politely decline the offer and slip out while the slipping is good. The forests look especially bleak knowing that you just turned down what would have definitely been an exciting night, but your stomach is turning with the possibility of what exactly that might have been.

If it was a test, you were good. If it was serious, you could be an unwanted center of a civil war with your pack. However, you opt to just roll with it and hope for the best. In the meantime, your best option is to just do the job that was assigned to you.

You head to the spot mentioned by your Alpha, a place where the trees begin to thin and the city comes within sight. You get a scent of something foul and look around to try and see what it is.

Something... dead, you think as your leap over a boulder only to see two rotting corpses... moving.

They twitch about in a grotesque facsimile of human movement, their capacity to remain on two feet utterly astonishing you at the moment. You clutch your bat in your hands but you wonder if it is even equipped for the job.

Recommended Actions:

1. Fuck it, let's take 'em on!
2. Better report back...
3. You know what? I could use some help after all.

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Then the LORD will be zealous for His land And will have pity on His people.

I've come this far without any trouble, god hold's his protective hand over me tonight. I will not stain his benevolence by ambushing a likely innocent man.

I will depend on gods grace a bit further. when evil possesses this guard and sets his eyes on me through him, he cannot be saved anymore.

2. Stay hidden and try to wait it out.

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

(sorry again for the late post :/ )

2. Better report back...

"Alpha wanted me to check out the lurin stench. That's the luring stench, I'll report that back. If he wants them taken out, he better send some backup."

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

(Busy week, haven't forgotten you all. I'll try to get the next part up tonight)

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Play BGM

You remain still and silent as you can, which considering your demon blood is remarkably so. Your efforts to conceal yourself were non-existent however, and you admit to yourself your carelessness may have cost you some time and this man his life. The guard, of course, shines his flashlight by this office and unfortunately for him, his detective instincts are well-honed. He immediately notices something amiss. He places his hand on the doorknob and turns it ever slightly.

He doesn't open.

He's a clever one. He's no doubt radioing in for support.

You can't let him finish that call. It would jeopardize your entire mission here. Unfortunately for you, the backup was already in the building with him.

You lunge out and are able to take out the guard in a single fell swoop, knocking him to the ground. Dead or unconscious, it doesn't matter to you. You've no need to finish him off, merely incapacitate him. However that won't be an option for the three heavily armed security task force members who have quickly rushed to their cohorts side.

Matte black uniforms with tactical helmets and visors, assault weapons that would look rather intimidating to a mortal. They were no pushovers, to be sure, but the mightiest ant is nothing to the wolf.

Question Steel Nerves prevents you from being surprised. No roll penalty!

==BATTLE==

Security Guard A, HP: 15/ 15
Security Guard B, HP: 15/ 15
Security Guard C, HP: 15/ 15
Unconscious Guard. HP: 2/ 15 Question KO Question

VS.

Psychokind, the half-demon
HP: 20 / 20 MP: 45 / 45
STR: 10, INT: 20, SPD: 10
See Character Sheet

Combat Actions:
1. Crossbow Attack (1d10, Long Range)
2. Winged Form Attack (1d12, Close Range)
3. Bless (10 MP) - Enchant Weapon with Holy
4. Cure (4 MP) - 1d10+4 Healing
5. Use Item

Play BGM

You return to the camp obviously a bit sooner than expected and your friends begin to give you an odd sort of expression. The kind of "what are you doing home so soon?" look that your wife gives you when she's sleeping with the mail man who is presently hiding in the closet.

But your report is for the Alpha, and that's what you mean to do. You make your way back to him and explain to him what the situation is. He mulls your words over carefully for a few minutes.

"You're a loyal hound, you know that? No heroics. You did exactly as I ordered you to the letter," the Alpha smiled approvingly. "And you unwittingly helped me sniff out a bit of the unfaithful of the pack while remaining true to me."

He gestured to his side where the woman who had approached you earlier now sat, collared and chained to his chair. Her look was one of defeat and submission, though her eyes flashed with a bit of fury when they met yours. Though she very quickly bowed her head back down again, lest the Alpha see.

"We don't attack our own. We'll find her a good way to serve the pack still. And you have proven yourself worthy to be my number two around here. I'm going to give you another task and a promotion worthy of your faithfulness," the Alpha said.

[The Alpha gives you a red bandana.]

"You're my Blood Wolf now. My protege. You'll be training with me directly from now on. Eventually, one day, you will work your way up to the top of the pack. Until then, learn from me, and fight alongside me," the Alpha says.

You put on the bandana and nod respectfully.

"Now, we're going to go tackle that zombie problem. But first, a small test of your budding leadership skills. I will ask you two questions and I want an honest answer from you."

Question 1: What shall be done with the traitor?
1) Turn her into a Broodmother.
2) Keep her chained up for now.
3) Let her win back her freedom on the battlefield.
4) We should show her some mercy.

Question 2: How should we approach these zombies?
1) Let me go in solo.
2) We should bring a team and overpower them.
3) We should lure them away from the camp rather than fight them.
4) How about you and me go deal with them personally?

Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

1) We should turn her into a Broodmother. Traitors can't be trusted.

3) We should go together. So far I spottet two corpses, two hounds can take them!

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor soul, he's so unfortunate that I don't even have time for a prayer right now.

I'll open with

3) Crossbow Attack
on Security Guard B (assuming he's in the middle), then dropping the crossbow and plunge into melee range.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Play BGM

==BATTLE==

- Psychokind uses Crossbow Attack on Guard B.
- Pyschokind deals 5 damage.
- Psychokind moves into Close Range.

- Security Guard A fires blindly.
- Psychokind takes 1 damage.

- Security Guard B attempts to remove the bolt from his torso.

- Security Guard C opens fire.
- Psychokind takes 3 damage.

Security Guard A, HP: 15/ 15
Security Guard B, HP: 10/ 15
Security Guard C, HP: 15/ 15
Unconscious Guard. HP: 2/ 15 Question KO Question

VS.

Psychokind, the half-demon
HP: 16 / 20 MP: 45 / 45
STR: 10, INT: 20, SPD: 10
See Character Sheet

Combat Actions:
1. Crossbow Attack (1d10, Long Range)
3. Bless (10 MP) - Enchant Weapon with Holy
4. Cure (4 MP) - 1d10+4 Healing
5. Use Item

Play BGM

As the traitor is taken away, you and the Alpha make your way back to the spot in question. As you sniff out the trail, you notice that they seem to be moving northbound into the city limits.

You come across them and find the same two you saw before, but one more besides who seems... fresher than the others.

"I've never seen anything like this before. Doesn't matter. Let's tear them up. Though I don't think we should try to eat them until we know what we're dealing with," the Alpha orders.

Question Steel Nerves prevents roll penalty.

==BATTLE==

Zombie A HP: 10 / 10
Zombie B HP: 10/ 10
Zombie C HP: 15 / 15

vs.

Alpha HP: 60 / 60

Blade, the werewolf
HP: 45 / 45 , MP: 0
STR: 30, INT: 5, SPD: 15
See Character Sheet

Combat Actions:
1. Nail Bat Attack (1d12+1)
2. Wolf Form (Become Wolf Form. 1d20 Atk, Double Speed)
3. Beast Form (Become Beast Form. 1d20 Atk, Double STR)
4. Use Items

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

on Security Guard C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: