TerraEarth Forums

Light ark, dark ark (spoilers of course)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LG
Level 2: Whisp

Gems 28

PostLG Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:56 am   Post subject: Light ark, dark ark (spoilers of course) Reply with quote

Maybe I missed the whole point but I have to ask. If Light Ark kills Dark Ark at Dryvale, and Dark Ark is resurrected later, what happens to Light Ark? And why does Yomi wait until resurrected Dark Ark is an adult before trying to kill him?

Maybe it's too long ago haha.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:51 am   Post subject: Re: Light ark, dark ark (spoilers of course) Reply with quote

LG wrote:
Maybe I missed the whole point but I have to ask. If Light Ark kills Dark Ark at Dryvale, and Dark Ark is resurrected later, what happens to Light Ark? And why does Yomi wait until resurrected Dark Ark is an adult before trying to kill him?

dark ark gets killed by light ark. light ark should have been killed as a baby by underworld elle - through kumari they made him into an adult shortly before she could kill him. only then dark yomi tries to kill him, propably because he too didn't expect that.

my guess is that neither light ark strictly dies nor dark ark get's resurrected. light ark becomes a "god", and whe don't really know who knocks on light elles door - although it's propably him. if he's a god, he maybe got back into a mortal form somehow?
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Light ark, dark ark (spoilers of course) Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
LG wrote:

dark ark gets killed by light ark. light ark should have been killed as a baby by underworld elle - through kumari they made him into an adult shortly before she could kill him. only then dark yomi tries to kill him, propably because he too didn't expect that.

my guess is that neither light ark strictly dies nor dark ark get's resurrected. light ark becomes a "god", and whe don't really know who knocks on light elles door - although it's propably him. if he's a god, he maybe got back into a mortal form somehow?

He's a god at the end - it seems logical (to me at least) that he would have the power to make himself mortal again at will. Smile

Yes, Light Ark's spirit killed Dark Ark at the south pole. Then he was created in the physical form of a baby and dropped off at Light Elle's. He was nearly murdered by Dark Elle and Yomi working together, but was saved when Dark Elle turned on Yomi, resulting in her and Yomi's death. He was then magically aged up to complete the quest because plot. xD

Gems 28

PostLG Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I never fully understood it.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about balance. The Dark was trying to overpower Light, which is why Dark Gaia wanted to kill off Ark before he could mature, and why Yomi was used to do that. By killing off Light Ark, Dark Gaia could go on to do whatever it wanted and not have any opposition until Ark's spirit was reborn.

To be fair, Dark Ark doesn't "die" per se, more that he merged with his Light counterpart to become whole, which is what Dark Gaia was afraid of happening. Becoming whole meant that Ark could put a stop to Dark Gaia by massively limiting its power - because you can't have light without the dark, and you can't have the dark without light. So it's a cycle that will never cease, but can be stopped from one overpowering the other.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
It's all about balance. The Dark was trying to overpower Light, which is why Dark Gaia wanted to kill off Ark before he could mature, and why Yomi was used to do that. By killing off Light Ark, Dark Gaia could go on to do whatever it wanted and not have any opposition until Ark's spirit was reborn.

To be fair, Dark Ark doesn't "die" per se, more that he merged with his Light counterpart to become whole, which is what Dark Gaia was afraid of happening. Becoming whole meant that Ark could put a stop to Dark Gaia by massively limiting its power - because you can't have light without the dark, and you can't have the dark without light. So it's a cycle that will never cease, but can be stopped from one overpowering the other.

*Vague sounds of sudden understanding* Ohhhh!
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY LOVE THOSE SORTS OF STORIES OK

It's actually a theme in FFXIV as well; there's a this huge exposition about how the light is massively waning, and the dark is overpowering right now, and you need a balance of the two. If not, you get the dark Void which is where a lot of nasty demons and demon-looking-things come from, and opposite of that is a light Void, though it's not said what comes from that beyond nothingness.

But Terranigma is where it really started for me in my love for these stories, plus it has its roots in yin and yang, which... well. Same premise.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

it's also stated that Ark stands "outside the circle of faith", at least in the english version. merging his light and dark side would therefor make sense. since there's no more counterpart to him in neither light nor dark side, he's the one to tip the scale. there's even a light version of gaia, so he's literally the only one in existence without two versions after he "merged".

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
it's also stated that Ark stands "outside the circle of faith", at least in the english version. merging his light and dark side would therefor make sense. since there's no more counterpart to him in neither light nor dark side, he's the one to tip the scale. there's even a light version of gaia, so he's literally the only one in existence without two versions after he "merged".

You could say he moves to become literally "beyond good and evil" as his two halves (light and dark) reconcile in the final chapter.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet One More Idiot wrote:
psychokind wrote:

You could say he moves to become literally "beyond good and evil" as his two halves (light and dark) reconcile in the final chapter.

which still leaves a big question: what about Elle? And Yomi?

so there's the under- and the overworld.

dark ark is from the underworld. although in good faith, he ultimately is a weapon of evil and helps in tipping the scale for the dark side.
light ark is (propably) from the overworld, where he get's resurrected. his actions result in balancing the world, which means he does as much good as dark ark did bad.
does that mean underworld = dark and overworld = light?

underworld elles actions result in helping light ark, which means she's helping balance towards the light - although it should have been vice versa.
overworld elle "helps" (in a motivational sense or through fyda?) dark ark along his journey. her actions favor the dark side. she plays no more part when light ark is resurrected.
does that mean under- and overworld do not relate to dark and light?
why is Elle the only one who has a simultaneouslyexisting double?
is she the second most important figure because she's most important to the hero? is she, too, somehow outside the circle of faith because the underworld elle does good and the overworld elle does evil so to speak? or is it a case of underworld Elles love overcoming her faith?

Yomi similarly to ark has a dark and light side - although he's fully conscious of being inherently evil or good, since he knows what he's doing from the start. he too exists simultaneously - i guess - since he's waiting in the box in the overworld while dark yomi tries to kill ark.

you following me? Very Happy
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 47

PostMetall Ark Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice disscussion going on here and I can tell you how I see it.

Quote:

This is very easy to answer. Light Ark tells you after you defeat Dark Gaia that Dark Gaia made an excat copy of Storkholm. That why there is a 2nd Elle. In theory the other villagers are also copied but why do we not see them? Because the King murdered everyone in the village except for Elle. That is why do not see anyone else double well except for Ark's own soul.

Quote:
so he's literally the only one in existence without two versions after he "merged".

Also after the fight against Dark Gaia light Ark says
Quote:
Let us return to our respective worlds...
For me it sounds like that they split their soul again. Notice how it say worlds and not world. Since it is in plural it can only mean that they return in the world where they were born.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Metall Ark wrote:
A nice disscussion going on here and I can tell you how I see it.

Quote:

This is very easy to answer. Light Ark tells you after you defeat Dark Gaia that Dark Gaia made an excat copy of Storkholm. That why there is a 2nd Elle. In theory the other villagers are also copied but why do we not see them? Because the King murdered everyone in the village except for Elle. That is why do not see anyone else double well except for Ark's own soul.

makes sense! I should have asked the question sooner Very Happy

Quote:
Quote:
so he's literally the only one in existence without two versions after he "merged".

Also after the fight against Dark Gaia light Ark says
Quote:
Let us return to our respective worlds...
For me it sounds like that they split their soul again. Notice how it say worlds and not world. Since it is in plural it can only mean that they return in the world where they were born.

sounds like my theory is busted. yomi is still left as an oddity, but I wouldn't interpret too much in that exceptance alone.
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to have a dark counterpart to a light counterpart - in the EN translation of the game, when Crystal Blue is going on, a lot of people in Crysta see people that look like them, and people/places they don't know. I have to wonder if Crysta is bigger than what we see in the game, since it would have to house a lot of Dark-side people.... Very Happy

With Yomi, he's an avatar/spirit of Gaia, both light and dark. He could be yuor angel or yuor deivl, if you want to get meme'd about it. He works for (or is) Gaia to help the Arks on their journey, though iirc Light Ark had been gone for some time, though his spirit lived on waiting for the physical body of Dark Ark to find him, hence why you merge with him in the graveyard.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: