TerraEarth Forums

Astarica dream before starstone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LG
Level 2: Whisp

Level 2: Whisp

Gems 28

PostLG Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:58 am   Post subject: Astarica dream before starstone Reply with quote

What do you think was the point of the nightmare in Astarica? Was Ark just hallucinating on the cup of Ayajuasca? Smile or did it mean something to you?
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:01 am   Post subject: Re: Astarica dream before starstone Reply with quote

LG wrote:
What do you think was the point of the nightmare in Astarica? Was Ark just hallucinating on the cup of Ayajuasca? Smile or did it mean something to you?

well I always found the astarica part a bit odd. I have no clue how it fits into the overall story. it's some form of lecture about misuse of power, greed and how the humankinds abillity to love overcomes everything in the end.

I read speculations about it being a "drug trip" into past events, maybe as overworld elle as being the hero ark is in the current story. maybe it just has no larger meaning at all Very Happy
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be forced into a trip down previous life memory lane... seeing as how Ark had done the "overpower the overreaching Gaia and put it back in line with its opposite" and people don't tend to remember past lives if you believe in them.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
Could be forced into a trip down previous life memory lane... seeing as how Ark had done the "overpower the overreaching Gaia and put it back in line with its opposite" and people don't tend to remember past lives if you believe in them.

especially since the "die and be reborn" philosophy is strongly built into Terranigma!
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Precisely my thought. Smile Anytime I replay Terranigma, I always go with the ideal that Ark woke back up to stop the cycle again. Poor guy never gets any rest. Laughing

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: