TerraEarth Forums

Secret of Mana Remake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:50 am   Post subject: Secret of Mana Remake Reply with quote

Hey guys,

someone playing the SoM remake? I bought it for around 20 bucks on steam, and I've been playing it with my friend a couple of evenings.

it's hard to judge, I appreciate the effort of really sticking close to the original, even up to things like attack delays and so forth. on the other hand the loading times are atrocious, and I experienced a few bugs and game crashes in the first 10 hours already.

I mainly bought it to help fund a nostalgic remake movement of older games. I hope it's not up to a bad start, there's a lot of criticism for the game. at least it gave me a reason to play games with my friend in the same room again Very Happy

oh - the price tag of 40 € is ridiculous!! even the 20 € I paid were a bit too much I'd say.
Level 3: Cadet

Gems 47

PostMetall Ark Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I play the som remake and I must say it is worth the price. Everything in this game is vocalized and the menus are really nice to control and you can switch easily between the menus and characters. Theonly flaw would be that the game does not save the last option you pick which make magic training a bit slower but still do able. I had no crush or anything else during my playthrough so far. I got it for the vita and download a little patch that fixed all problems.

40€ is a fair rice considering that they hire voice actors and upgraded the graphic. I got what I was expecting so I can not complain. Some people are complaing it is not good and I dont get what they were expecting.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Metall Ark wrote:

40€ is a fair rice considering that they hire voice actors and upgraded the graphic. I got what I was expecting so I can not complain. Some people are complaing it is not good and I dont get what they were expecting.

I was expecting internet multiplayer, maybe some cutscenes and an orchestral soundtrack.
less bugs propably too, but I'm always expecting that since I grew up in the 90s.

if you say 40 € is ok - how does this compare to games like the witcher 3, skyrim or fallout 4? especially since they did not have to put any effort into story writing and the soundtrack is just electronically revamped. I consider it more of a mobile game quality wise.

btw: did you figure out how to shortcut a spell onto a gamepad?

Gems 47

PostMetall Ark Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I did figure the magic shortcut out, way at the end of the game. It took me sometime until i completed the game because I had other games I wanted to play.

I encountered some bugs and even one bug that let me skip a part of the dungeon. For some reason I forced my self on a higher ground. NPC were espcially good with that xD

Internet Multiplayer would have been nice well at least with friends that would have been okay and maybe cross over system.

It feels like the game was made for the Vita and then later they decided to released on steam and ps4. For example I had no crashes in my entire playthrough which was 18hours. But other who played on ps4 encountered serval crashes.

The soundtrack was refreshing. It did not really felt out of place at all. The soundtrack was not bad but to compare it to the original soundtrack is kinda unfair and mostly biased.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well yeah, some pieces of the OST were pretty good. we had at least one crash every session, I'm playing on steam - if they hadn't introduced the quick save after loading, we would have wasted a 1.5 hour long run into the demon castle Confused

i figured out the magic shortcut - it only works if you play solo. I mean what the hell where they thinking. on a side note, you can't play 3 players, which you could on the SNES.

I switched to playing it via the steam link from an SSD, and at least the loading times are alright now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: