Okay But No For Real This Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

even as a Terranigma fanboy I have to admit the flaws in the combat system. just try to see it as a vehicle to spice up the story, music and the scenery.

it's really nice to see a "dairy" of someone who hasn't played it before and experiences the game as an adult for the first time. keep us updated!!

edit: did you find the library in Torronia and read through it? same as with the one in Louran, it adds a real extra layer of despair to it.
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

6th Sitting: Freedom & MEANDERING

@psychokind: Okay so, I had to look up Torronia, but I'm guessing that's Sylvain Castle? I can't read German Confused But anyway, I have been investigating bookshelves whenever I see them.

Onward to the new continent! Except wait, I've been here before. Well, I got stuck for a bit, and had to look at a guide. I didn't even notice the trees next to the river that notated a bridge. This happened to me before when the animals made a bridge for me in Chapter 2. Anyway, once I got going, I made my way around and...

Oh! It's Meilin! I'm really glad I keep running into her, it's nice to have recurring characters. I do wonder what happened to Princess Elle, though. Incidentally, Meilin, you can be as upset as you want, but playing with Ark's emotions like that was super rude. I was very happy to see Elle again, especially since the opening portion of the game implies to me that we may not see anyone from Crysta again. Hopefully I'm wrong.

FINALLY I HAVE A BOAT. Time to sail EVERYWHERE. Well, since I'm clearly not going to have time to advance the narrative this evening, let's do some questing and expand some towns! I got all the expanding done that I could before tackling the Great Lakes, and picked up a lot of hidden chests and Magirocks to boot! I kept running into birds at Stopovers wondering why I would bother with them before finding out that they are how you get to islands without ports. All in all it was an eventful sitting, but I do have ONE pretty big complaint about my experience this evening:

I CAN'T TALK TO THE PENGUINS Mad Mad Mad

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

whoops, my mistake with torronia Very Happy yes, that's sylvain castle.

don't you worry about not being able to speak to penguins anymore. there's a common language every living being understands. just you wait and see...
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

7th Sitting: Great Lakes & Yunkou

Okay, time for a dungeon again. This one’s not so bad. For the first time, I’m having to dispose of Armor and Weapons to make room for new ones. So I get to the boss, and I’m doing okay, then the starfish lands on my head, I can’t shake it off, and I die.

Great.

After doing the dungeon a-g-a-i-n I do a little more questing on things I missed before exploring Yunkou. Hey, it’s Fyda! I like her. Let’s get her un-sick. I actually couldn’t find the shop at first, the door was tough to spot. Anyway, I do that and head onward to the castle. Oh, a stealth dungeon. Neat?

I do really like the story, so I’m down for a no-combat dungeon. First up, oh! It’s Elle agai... aaaaand I’m trapped. Christ almighty, get your shit together, Meilin. You got issues, girl. Hahaha, Ark just nopes right out and sulks on the floor, this guy is great. Yay! Fyda to the rescue! Also, serves you right getting duped Meilin, maybe now you’ll make better life choices. Okay, let’s bust this place uuuuuuuup.

Oh, it’s Mr. Blue Hair, hey my dude. Yeah, man, I’m cool with you taking out the baddies while we escape. Interesting that you’ve been involved at some level with this Storkolm business though. THE PLOT THICKENS!

Everyone is safe! Hopefully! Meilin is going back home! Good for you, take better care of yourself, I’ll come visit. For now though?

AEROPLANES ~woosh~

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
warpig
Level 2: Whisp

Gems 66

Postwarpig Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you ended up noticing, though it doesn't matter now since you defeated the boss: you can have Gossie (the huge dragon) help you shake off Hitoderon (the starfish) when they're stuck to your head by getting hit by his flame. Gossie will even aim at you. You take damage, but it's better than certain doom!

You are way past the point now where many people (how many? Actually, I only know of anecdotes, to be honest) tend to give up because they get bored (right after or around Sylvain; where, I suspect, some people start to feel the plot is going nowhere as I mentioned twice before.)

You are also probably about to get answers to some of your questions in the next sitting. Looking forward to your reaction.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
THE PLOT THICKENS!

I'm so fckin envious Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am too Very Happy these are all of the same emotions a lot of us had, I think.

I think Ark's plight has always been kind of "lonely" in the sense that he really only has Yomi, and a few people he says hi to occasionally like Fyda and Royd (the blue haired guy) - don't forget Perel too though!

The Airplanes make it so much nicer to get around, and soon you'll... uh... well, lets just say you'll be running into one of the funnier translated lines. Laughing If you unlocked Mu and Polynese in the Underworld, you can also visit them for extra silly and I think you get a weapon out of Mu. Don't forget to visit Suncoast!

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
If you unlocked Mu and Polynese in the Underworld, you can also visit them for extra silly and I think you get a weapon out of Mu. Don't forget to visit Suncoast!

NO BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE MISSABLE UNTIL LIKE YESTERDAY NOBODY TOLD ME WHEN I ASKED FOR ADVICE FOR FIRST TIMERS Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Okay but really, why don't we have a subpage on the main website for "Missables" or why aren't these labeled under "Secrets"?

Who was in charge of the Terranigma section?

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

8th & 9th Sittings: Beruga's Lab, The Starstones, & CHAPTER FOUR

I CAME TO SEE YOU MEILIN AND YOU WEREN'T IN LHASA WHY

Okay, so, this Mosque is preeeetty creepy. hahaha, what am I getting myself into omg. Onto the lab and oh, good, ROBOTS, great. Oh hey, a computer! Aaaaaand Yomi knows the password.

Welp, he's going to betray me.

You know, I had been so caught up in the narrative that I completely forgot the Earth had been sealed away. Interesting that it was due to bio-terrorism. Moving on, this boss is stupid and dumb. I wasted all my Bulbs, died, and had to do the whole dungeon again! Why are there not save points near bosses? Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia made this convenient, why would they go backwards in design? Ugh.

Also, Beruga is a dick.

He just straight up wipes out a city.

Aaaaaand I'm back in Lhasa. Meilin still isn't here. I DEMAND CONTINUITY! Oh well. Sunstone time! I already have the one from the Penguin, because I remembered the Flower Girl's comment, so let's get the rest.

First, NeoToyko which is... really creepy what the shit. Look girl, I realize phones were just invented yesterday, but that's plenty of time to learn new technology. Yay! It's Leim! Smile But I can't talk to him Sad At least everything is okay.... ish.

Peru next? Er... I mean, "Astarica"? Y'know what, I don't even know what is going on here, I just know Uncle Quintet is on them "Philosophical Enhancers" again and is gettin' reeeeeeal preachy at me. Same for that guy in Australia.

I guess I found out how Leim got caught by finding that body in the desert. Serves you right you piece of sh...

"HI I'M LIGHTSIDE ARK"

oh. /ded

/
/
/
/
/

why am I a baby
what is that voice
why is Elle here
why are both Elles here

GODDAMMIT I KNEW IT YOMI

Should I be sad about Elle? I don't really understand what happened. Did they die? I mean... they just kind of disappeared. I'm glad Light Elle is cool though. I hope we work out since, apparently, everyone in Underworld is garbage.

Welp, time to call it a night and finish this adventure this weekend.

WAIT WHY IS SKATEBOARD KID COMING TO THE FINAL BATTLE.

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS.

warpig

Gems 66

Postwarpig Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

About Lhasa: Meilin is actually there, after Dragoon Castle and Beruga's revival, too. But she is gone in Chapter 4.
I didn't know this myself on my first two playthroughs or so, but she's at the "place of the dead": climb to the very top of the cliff and go to the far left to reach it.

And I don't think you lose progress in dungeons when you die, do you? I.e. you only had to take the elevator again in this one. But yeah, no reason to be stingy on save points before bosses.

Elle died, and she isn't garbage. Mad She was tricked, like Ark. By the way, what are your thoughts on that? Did you expect this at all? Seems like you kind of glossed over it even though it's the big twist IMO (more so than Yomi's betrayal, but nice work predicting that from him knowing the password), and you were wondering about Ark's role in the story earlier. No comment on "I thank you for arousing me", either? Very Happy

Regarding your other questions, they can be answered from what you know already (or at least from playing up to this point, anyway), but I get that what you've seen must be a bit much at once. And there's probably hindsight and having played the game multiple times talking. Though I will say that I hate Perel's involvement in anything that isn't "finding Anita," so I had the same question. Two swordfighting adults, pass. An old man and a girl with magical powers? Pass. A kid on a skateboard? Nah.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s a hidden area in Lhasa? WOAH. Ok, I rescind my statement.

Well, yeah, I didn’t mean Elle specifically is garbage, but Crysta’s leader is clearly bad, which doesn’t bode well for the populace as a whole. As for the Light Ark thing, they’ve been building Ark up as the “chosen one” since the beginning, but it’s interesting that his Lightside fought and lost previously. I’m excited to see this all come to a head.

warpig

Gems 66

Postwarpig Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What's funny is that I always knew this area is existed, but when I tried to visit Lhasa to find Meilin, I never went there the first two-ish times for some reason.

Ark being some sort of chosen hero wasn't unexpected, which game doesn't do that with its main character, after all? I wondered what the end game could be at the start of chapter 3: the world was resurrected, so what's left to do? Right, geniuses, as you learn during chapter 3. But after freeing Columbus you kind of lose track of the greater picture and things just happen for a while.

Until it drops the bomb on you and it turns out you were a pawn in a game, and didn't resurrect the world for the good of the people, but so Beruga can shape it in his twisted image. Really surprised me at the time, but then I thought "yeah, you start the game in the Underworld, duh!" (though at the start of the game I thought little more of it than "so the surface is devastated, and humans could only survive underground, huh?")
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

10th Sitting: END GAME (posting as I play!)

Yeah, the gangs all here! Even Skateboard Kid, dodgin lasers with his backwards hat. Did a bit of leveling, and jumped onto the airship. NOW LET’S BURN THIS MOTHER DOWN.

Oh shoot, Beruga has the upper hand on us! I’m curious how we get out of this one...

Oh. Geez, that was gruesome. What a way to go.

It’s a gull! Very Happy

...wait no

“People have been known to survive airplane crashes.” FYDA THEY’VE ONLY EXISTED FOR THREE HOURS YOU DON’T KNOW THAT.

*BOOM* Sad

Oh, it’s Columbus. Haven’t seen that guy in a while. Welp, back to the Underworld!

Ahhh, it’s good to be back in Crysta

“Huehuehue”

ok umm could you not

“If you never found out you could have been happy”

no really could you NOT

*everyone turns into spirits*

EEEEEHHHHHH

ELDER: “You appear to have learned more than you should have.”

Where are you taking me gramps?

OH SHIT THE CRYSTALS ARE SOULS

*teleports* Well, this isn’t creepy at all.

Alright Dark Gaia, I kicked your ass on a comet, I can sure as hell kick your ass inside a sun.

...wow, ok, you keeled over real quic... nope, ok, round 2!

//Geez, so much slowdown on his second form. PAL players, did you have this issue, or is it because I’m playing a repro cart?//

GET DOWN HERE SO I CAN POKE YOU DAMMIT

*Defeated Dark Gaia!*

Yeah boi.

Oh no I am FAKE

Yomi “What’s the matter? You look down.”

BRUH.

Yomi: “Well, peace out broseph.”

WELP.

Oh hey, Light Gaia!

“Your duty is finished. Your body will soon disappear.”

WTF Quintet. #rude

ARE WE DOING THIS, GAME? ARE WE REALLY SAD WALKING AND REMINISCING BEFORE DYING?

Oh it’s the real Elle! Yay!

“I just came to say bye.”

Booooooo...

Wait, now I’m a bird? What is this ending?

And we’re back in Storkolm with Light Elle. Someone’s at the door! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

BUT WAIT WHO’S AT THE DOOR THAT COULD JUST AS LIKELY BE FYDA

PEOPLE SURVIVE AIRPLANE CRASHES AFTER ALL

AAAAAAHHHHHH

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not approve of this ending.

warpig

Gems 66

Postwarpig Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you've finally finished Terranigma, and thus the "Soul Blazer trilogy"! What are your final thoughts in general and comparing it to the other two?

tay120n64 wrote:
I do not approve of this ending.

Because it is too sad? Or too open-ended? Regarding the latter, let me just leave this here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: