TerraEarth Forums

Which controller do you use for the ZSNES and PC in general?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammerit
Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Coz wrote:
why would you ever need more than 120 GBs... heck why would you need more than 80GBs... besides, it's faster if you just have 1 hdd. You could have two partitions anyways. You could have let go the 40GBs hdd for more processor.. don't tell me you are like my bro that has the disk full of downloaded crap and duplicated files and doesn't deletes them :p

um ... been lot's of time ... but I don't have just 2 HDDs ... I've got 5 Razz ... 1 40 GB, 1 160 GB and 3 320 GB Razz. That sums up to 1.160 GB ... don't ask me what I need so damn fucking much space for ... the answer is easy ^^. The 40GB HDD is Win2000 only, because that doesn't support any newer HDDs no more. The 120 GB is Linuxonly. 1 of the 320s is for Windows XP and the other two are just for the game we're developing ... tons of backups, outdated snippets and stuff just in case we encounter a major bug later in the alpha testing. And those are mostly caused by a lack of concetration while trying to improve the code or modify it in order to implement new features (and the solution can be easily found by comparing the version history) ... It may sound much ... but it's neccassary. And the project being so damn huge requires us to find compromises >.>. The game itself will need from 20-30GB harddisk space for standard installation (without the Modding Tools, Patches, Mods aso.) and the all title installation will aproxamitely require 100 gb of free disk space for combining all 5 games to the Operation: Zero - Unity edition. This may explain things ^^.

B2t:

Depends on the game if I use my Logitech Dual Action (Gamepad) or the Logitech Wingman Attack (Joystick). Logitech roxx (especially the MX-5xx mouse series ^^.

Game Designer
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shitload of space your game is taking up! Eek!

Me, I use my PSX dual shock controller and a PSX-USB adaptor. Very Happy

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan-Michele wrote:
Me, I use my PSX dual shock controller and a PSX-USB adaptor. Very Happy

My sis too ^^.

Joan-Michele wrote:
That's a shitload of space your game is taking up! Eek!

yeah it's not even alpha and it allready breaks records Razz. It's not just the hugest game ever just because of the hole it burns into the hdd ^^. It was planned as one single game in the first place, but right after the first calculations we decided to split it up into 5 parts ... making it even bigger in the end coz of the 5 new main story lines ^^ ... orginally the framework story was meant to be the main line with 10+ sublines, but now it's 5 mostly independend mainlines which are like episodes from a different perspective with each 14+ sublines ... that's hell of a load isn't it? XD

Game Designer
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, but I never imagined that it'll take up 100 GB...Jesus. Eek!

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan-Michele wrote:
Oh yes, but I never imagined that it'll take up 100 GB...Jesus. Eek!

It's the Unity edition ... it's the same procedure like World of Xeen ^^ ... In our case you just install "Rise of an Empire", then "Expedition to the Unknown" in the same folder while selecting "Fusion Install", then "The Abandoned", then "Escalations" and then finally "Call of Fate" with the same option and you're done and have the Unity version of the game on your hdd (And 5*20 = 100). The titles themselves require around 20GB ... dunno how much exactly ^^ ... we're not far enough right now for any optimization calcs.

Game Designer
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see! So it's basically 5 games? It makes sense now, but how do you plan on distributing the entire game package? In a box of 20 DVDs? Laughing

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? Each title fits on 1-2 DVDs depending on what type is used as well as the compression rate so that's no prob. The game will require the player to install the whole game content to hdd not just parts of it (which makes sense, since even the fastest DVD-Player still is far too slow to load all the content in time ^^. The only thing the DVDs will be there for after install is the opportunity to reinstall the whole thing if something was corrupted and to be used in the process of DVD Validation. The Titles will be released in 1-2 years cycles each right before christmas eve Smile. Each change to the engine will affect all the titles so that all are relatively seen allways at least sorts of the same. The Unity Edition which is only an option to ppl that own all 5 titles is engine-wise based on the 5th part of the series. It is planned to align all the models and stuff to the new standards once the 5th part was released.

Game Designer
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, sounds like a plan. Very Happy

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan-Michele wrote:
I see, sounds like a plan. Very Happy

It's hell of a plan XD

Btw I love Logitech especially coz of the Wingman Profiler that allows to reprogram the whole button and stick settings which offers cool enhancements in most games XD. For example in FFXI this let's me put macros I often use on the buttons I usually don't notice while playing at all ^^.

Game Designer
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, nice! Very Happy

I always thought that button combination macros are considered cheating though. Laughing

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

no since FFXI allows Macro usage ... they're not much interested in how the Macros are accessed ... In Shooters Multikey Macros are considered as cheating, but that's another story though ^^

Game Designer
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh I see, that's the same story for fighters too. XD
Level 2: Whisp

Level 2: Whisp

Gems 51

PostCloseFriend Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use a Logitech controller, but for whatever reason, it had no Select button, so I quickly went back to the keyboard where I've stayed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: