TerraEarth Forums

Delta Rune (Light Spoilers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:09 pm   Post subject: Delta Rune (Light Spoilers) Reply with quote

I posted this in the Facebook group, but thought I’d throw a discussion up here too.

Toby Fox’s Undertale follow-up, Delta Rune, has a few interesting Illusion of Gaia references.

1) When a character joins your party, the text appears slowly and dramatically and a fanfare plays that is evocative of IoG’s “Fanfare”.

This could just be a coincidence, so as if to hammer it home...

2) There’s a scene later on where you are imprisioned and can investigate your surroudings. Checking the moss in the corner pops up the same dialogue as when you check the moss in Edward’s Prison.

Undertale itself had a ton of small nods to 90s-era games like Earthbound and Super Mario RPG, so seeing that trend continue makes me very happy.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It is pretty clear that Deltarune and Undertale are works of love. And I love Toby Fox for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: