TerraEarth Forums

Couch Co-op suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:33 pm   Post subject: Couch Co-op suggestions Reply with quote

I know I asked already, but I can't find the old thread anymore.

as the title says: I'm looking for couch co-op suggestions. I have a PC and I can emulate everything up to nintendo wii. playstation and xbox I don't know, at least PS1 would work, too.

me and my best mate recently started playing together once a week in my finished man cave.

we currently play:

sacred 3
jet force gemini
binding of isaac
short rounds of King of Dragons / Knights of the Round / Streets of Rage (SNES) / BroForce

we finished the Secret of Mana remake. Seiken Densetsu 3 is currently not planed, since we both played it at least two dozen times already.

so, any suggestions? Very Happy it should be playable with controller, preferable with RPG-elements.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so a few essentials come immediately to mind.

Castle Crashers, if you haven't played it, is an absolute gem. You can pick it up through any PC game store worth its salt - I have a Steam copy. It's a beat-em-up with RPG elements and is just a ton of fun, especially if you can wrangle 3 cohorts for a full party.

Dokapon Kingdom, which came out on the Wii, among other consoles of that era, is a super fun Board Game + RPG thing which is admittedly more competitive than co-op (unless you choose to be cooperative of course). It also supports up to 4 players. Be warned: If you play competitively, this game will make you lose all your friends.

Now as far as some other suggestions:

Gauntlet Legends is an arcade classic, which is available on PS1 emulators. totally solo-able but it's best with 2 players. IMO any more than 2 in this game can be cumbersome given the way it's laid out, but me and my sister used to beast through this one together.

If you're into tactical shooters from that same PS1 era, Rainbow Six is pretty damn good, but the controls are terrible by default so you'll want to remap them.

For a more modern shooter, the cooperative Special Ops in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 are excellent bite-sized co-op missions.

The Super Mario games seem kind of obvious, but I really enjoyed Super Mario 3D World co-op if you can get a Wii U emulator running.

And finally, you can't go wrong with Mario Party. Basically any of them, but my favorite is Mario Party 2 (though Super Mario Party looks really good).

Rest in peace, old avatar.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers!!

castle crashers I forgot to mention, it was actually one of the first ones we tried from "best of"-lists, it's really good!

the Dokapon looks interesting, but I don't quite get it Very Happy have to watch a review or an explanation video sometime.

gauntlet legends I have the n64 version, is the PS1 better?
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Castle Crashers was excellent, right! So many good nights with that one.

Dokapon is quite strange, but trust me it's worth a round or two.

As far as Gauntlet Legends I'm honestly not sure which is better, presumably they are ports of the same arcade game. As far as arcade ports, PS1 usually did better in terms of graphics and sound quality, at least in my experience, but N64 has way better load times.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Post pictures of your mancave!!

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
Post pictures of your mancave!!

here you go!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: