TerraEarth Forums

New OCRemix album dedicated to Terranigma!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heikki
Level 4: Living Statue

Gems 80

PostHeikki Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:55 pm   Post subject: New OCRemix album dedicated to Terranigma! Reply with quote

Check the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9dPugNPNig
And be sure to watch the video as well, it has some cool visuals. The album is free, as all OCRemix albums. You'll find the links in the video description.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

that 3 album remix really came out of nowhere for me. it's been a long time since I was a ocremix regular...
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

so I listened to all of it twice, and unfortunately, I have to say it's a bit of a bummer.

most of the song are more like rearangements with a different set of instruments. since Terranigmas OST was played by an orchestra and then turned into 8-bit, the remixes are like a high res picture downscaled only to upscale it again.
some were a bit innovative, some tried themselves with a bit of an alteration, but nothing sticked with me after listening to it. and some remixes were just plain garbage. I remember one occassion where the music suddenly jumped in volume.

I wished they had less remixes, but refined the fewer ones. maybe it's my high standards, but I really don't like the albums.

Gems 80

PostHeikki Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad, I loved it.

There are some really big names from the VGM remixing community in there so I really doubt you could argue your idea (to not say misunderstanding) comparing this with image downscaling, if anyone with experience would be bothered to visit this site.

And wow, this place really is dead.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

let me make an example: the remix of the intro ( https://soundcloud.com/ocremix/1-01-l-d-ganae?in=ocremix/sets/paths-less-travelled-terranigma ) starts an ambient noise with a kettledrum at 1:17. this ambient background continues to around 3 minutes in a constant loop. it also occupies the lower frequencies so the base of the rhythm lacks bass and is overshadowed by the constant "noise". that just seems/sounds like a technical mistake to me, and that's just the first song.

Quote:
And wow, this place really is dead.

well, what do you expect of a 15 year old html forum Very Happy when we were active I think there wasn't even a dozen people here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: