TerraEarth Forums

So I finally got my DS....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:37 am   Post subject: So I finally got my DS.... Reply with quote

.... and I'm not disappointed. I've only tried Meteos so far, and I can already tell this is going to keep me busy for a long time. If Meteos will keep me busy for hours, all the games I plan on getting will keep me busy for months.

So this is basically a discussion thread where you can talk about upcoming titles, games you like, give your own reviews, and so on. I'll do some more myself once I've played my other games.

And do I really need to ask for the obvious stuff? If you wanna add something not DS-friendly, ok... as long as it's constructive and all. No "DS sucks, PSP rules" stuff. We don't need a fanboy thread going. I don't think I really need to say so, everyone has common sense and all, but... well, the request is there.

Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

DS sucks, PSP rules! Mad

Very Happy anyway, hope it keeps you entertained for many a month.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I happen to like the Kirby game myself. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant wait for Metroid Hunters and new Pokemon games..... Very Happy

Try Super Mario 64 DS. I got it with DS back in Nov. I'm stuck in Sky level..every I got there, I kept fell to earth....damn it!
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ what Muerte said
eerrr...Nintendogs?
I already know what titles I'm getting for my PSP (if I get one)
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a DS I would get nintendogs, that kirby game, and that yoshi game. Very Happy

But my tastes have changed from nintendo to sony so I won't be getting one [soon]. Good to hear you're having fun with it. Cool

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Samurai Sam
Level 3: Cadet

Gems 1,000

PostSamurai Sam Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a DS the day it came out. So far, I only have Mario 64 DS and WarioWare Touched!, but I want to try Polarium, Meteos, Kirby, and maybe Feel the Magic. The new Mario Bros. should be cool, as should the new Mario Kart. Castlevania will rock. Lunar has potential. Final Fantasy III sounds promising, but it probably won't be out for a very long time.

I have yet to get a PSP because of it's ugly price tag. No portable is worth $250.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Mario 64 (came with it for free) and Asphalt Urban GT (also a freebie, but not my main interest).... those two came with the system, and I bought Kirby and Meteos. I might get Yoshi, though from everything I've heard, it's mainly the same idea as Kirby, but Kirby makes better use of it.

Haven't tried Mario yet, that'll come after Kirby.

I've got a lot of titles on my list of things to come, and Castlevania mainly tops that list. The new Super Mario Bros. will be awesome, I'm sure.... but one thing I'm looking forward to is Electroplankton. For anyone who doesn't know about that, it's basically a music program for the DS. A great way to kill a spare 15 minutes if you've got it.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel the Magic is really fun. It's really addicting. One of the games you have to make someone puke out goldfish. Razz

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing the DS needs ia a pair of touch-sensitive "boobs" upgrade/attachment and it'll be a perfect console.

"Touch meh!" Very Happy
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe two touch sensitive screens. You could just draw the upper part of the body in the top one, or do you want a boob shaped screen? O.o
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan-Michele wrote:
The only thing the DS needs ia a pair of touch-sensitive "boobs" upgrade/attachment and it'll be a perfect console.

"Touch meh!" Very Happy

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=116

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathpit wrote:
Try Super Mario 64 DS. I got it with DS back in Nov. I'm stuck in Sky level..every I got there, I kept fell to earth....damn it!

I'm just over halfway through (77 stars), and it's just like I remember from the days of old.... 1996. The other characters aren't really too different except for their special abilities.

It's a great game, but frustrating as hell. The control in that game isn't suited very well to a D-pad, it needs analog. The stylus can be used to move, but it's near impossible to use that and the buttons to jump. So I've fallen off a lot more ledges and lost a lot more lives due to slippery play control than I should have. Very annoying. Mad

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes a LOT to get used to using the stylus for Mario. It's easier than using the d-pad.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Samurai Sam

Gems 1,000

PostSamurai Sam Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
Deathpit wrote:

I'm just over halfway through (77 stars), and it's just like I remember from the days of old.... 1996. The other characters aren't really too different except for their special abilities.

It's a great game, but frustrating as hell. The control in that game isn't suited very well to a D-pad, it needs analog. The stylus can be used to move, but it's near impossible to use that and the buttons to jump. So I've fallen off a lot more ledges and lost a lot more lives due to slippery play control than I should have. Very annoying. Mad

I'm one of the few people who can play Mario 64 DS with a d-pad perfectly fine. It certainly takes getting used to, but it's playable. Is there a particular move or moves that you're having trouble with?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: