TerraEarth Forums

SBiF's Random Trivia Contest Part 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

They're Batman villains. Burgess Meredith did role of The Penguin in 1960s Batman television show. Jack Nicholson did role of The Joker in 1989 Batman movie. Uma Thurman did Poison Ivy in 1997 Batman & Robin movie.
Mark Hamill was the voice of The Joker in all Batman-related animated series, films and video games included Justice League "Wild Cards" two-part episode.

SBF... you misspelled first actor's name. No offense.
manifested spam

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

geeez, some people really know a lot about tv and actors Oo i didnt even know who "burgess meredith" and "mark hamill" were ....

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathpit wrote:
They're Batman villains. Burgess Meredith did role of The Penguin in 1960s Batman television show. Jack Nicholson did role of The Joker in 1989 Batman movie. Uma Thurman did Poison Ivy in 1997 Batman & Robin movie.
Mark Hamill was the voice of The Joker in all Batman-related animated series, films and video games included Justice League "Wild Cards" two-part episode.

SBF... you misspelled first actor's name. No offense.

Yeah well... we all make mistakes, don't we? And you know your stuff. Sending the prize over shortly.

And to chicken: Mark Hamill played Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, and Burgess Meredith is a famous actor of the past... if you've ever seen the original "Twilight Zone series" he was in the episode where the world ends, and all that is left are books, and it's all he ever wanted. More notably, he appeared as Mickey in the Rocky franchise, in films 1, 2, 3 and 5, and was also in such films as the "Grumpy Old Men" series, and a starred in the short lived "All In The Family" Spin-off "Gloria."

Trivia Question 6:

As we all know, Britney Spears hasn't been... exactly straight-minded lately, shaving herself bald and attacking cars with umbrellas. Her antics have gotten herself back into the public eye, some believing this to be nothing more than a publicity stunt. What other singer had her head shaved, and happened to burn a picture of the pope on live television as a publicity stunt?
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about that some time ago; I only wish I could have seen the audience reaction to her.

That crazy Sineady lady (Sinead O'Connor). She destroyed a picture of the Pope on Saturday Night Live. Though if I remember the story right, she held the picture of the Pope up towards the camera during her song and ripped it apart, rather than burning it (she was singing about child abuse within the church, and was supposed to hold up a picture of a child).

I also remember that as part of SNL's public apology for her actions (which they weren't expecting), they held up that same picture of the Pope to the camera after it had been taped back together.

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
I read about that some time ago; I only wish I could have seen the audience reaction to her.

That crazy Sineady lady (Sinead O'Connor). She destroyed a picture of the Pope on Saturday Night Live. Though if I remember the story right, she held the picture of the Pope up towards the camera during her song and ripped it apart, rather than burning it (she was singing about child abuse within the church, and was supposed to hold up a picture of a child).

I also remember that as part of SNL's public apology for her actions (which they weren't expecting), they held up that same picture of the Pope to the camera after it had been taped back together.

Yep, that is correct. In fact, she had said "Fight the real enemy," as she lifted up the picture just moments before she lit it on fire.

Question 7: The Rambo series is know for it's high mortality rate. In First Blood, how many people are killed on screen?
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

chicken
manifested spam

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, just one Very Happy

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

yay for jase Very Happy
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody. I apologize for not having added the newest question lately... and yes chicken you are correct. I will be adding the newest question, but if I forgot to PM you your prizes, let me know and I'll send them out ASAP.

Trivia Question 8: Apparently, the age of the remake is coming to an end and the age of the shabby sequel has returned.

Which of these following film series has NOT announced definate plans for a sequel?

Die Hard
Beverly Hills Cop
Indiana Jones
Scream
The Goonies
Jurassic Park
The Mummy
Saw
This User Has Completed

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,507

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with The Goonies. If only because most of those movies get a remake every so many years, and it's been like... 20 some odd years since The Goonies came out.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
chicken
manifested spam

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd pick beverly hills cop... eddy muurphy is out of this and a beverly hills cop without eddy murphy would be like terminator without schwarzenegger....

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

yay for jase Very Happy
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. The only one out of all of those that I've heard about getting a new movie was Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford wants to play him again from what I've read, even though he's pushing 65 now).

So, I don't know... Jurassic Park? Anything ever announced for that?

Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Die Hard - comes out in may, trailers online
Beverly Hills Cop - no idea
Indiana Jones - comes out sometime in 08
Scream - don know, but its scream, more teenagers getting killed has got to happen
The Goonies - no idea
Jurassic Park - dont know, but theres always room for more money to be maid
The Mummy - how many movie serises' stop with only 2 movies these days?
Saw - If they can think of more ways to kill be there will be a number 4.

im gonna go with the goonies scicne its the oldest one of the lot.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say, no one has the right answer just yet. Keep on guessing. Smile I'll explain everything when the question is finally answered.
This User Has Completed

chicken
manifested spam

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

alrite, then i'd go with jurrasic park cause .... ANOTHER sequel? come on, its like MiB3 or something >_> using this SHIT even TWICE was already a mistake Neutral

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

yay for jase Very Happy
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

chicken wrote:
alrite, then i'd go with jurrasic park cause .... ANOTHER sequel? come on, its like MiB3 or something >_> using this SHIT even TWICE was already a mistake Neutral

...Nope. :p

But to reference back to something you said earlier; their pressing forward with both a Terminator 4 and a TV series, "The Sarah Conner Chronicles," which takes place between T2 and T3. They've already shot a pilot (First episode) for the TV show, and merely announced their plans to do a "Terminator Future War movie," both without Arnie.

I'll answer those that have been, and a little backstory to each;

The Goonies II was announced, along with several other movies, to have a Direct To DVD sequel, made by a new branch of the studio that owns the rights. Another planned film is The Lost Boys, another Corey Feldman film.

Beverly Hills Cop IV was announced also, being scripted, and will be filmed, pending Eddie Murphy's on.

Jurassic Park 4 is on. Laura Dern (who played Ellie Satler in 1 and 3) said she personally got a call from Stephen Spielberg, who asked her to be part of it. She mentioned Sam Neill (Grant from 1 and 3) would not be reprising his role.
This User Has Completed

chicken
manifested spam

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh god noooo >_<"" guess i have to see the trailers poisoning commercial breaks on tv sooner or later Neutral anyway...

so what's left? scream, the mummy and saw ... well, i'd go with the mummy (3rd chance ^^) cause... it must be the same story they also showed in the 2nd part.... and how do they call the film anyway? "THE MUMMY RETURNS..... AGAIN...." Laughing

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

yay for jase Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: