TerraEarth Forums

SBiF's Random Trivia Contest Part 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammerit
Level 12: Soul Knight

Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

chicken wrote:
so what's left? scream, the mummy and saw ... well, i'd go with the mummy (3rd chance ^^) cause... it must be the same story they also showed in the 2nd part.... and how do they call the film anyway? "THE MUMMY RETURNS..... AGAIN...." Laughing

hm maybe "Mummy's have eyes 2" xD ... "Return of the fouling one" ... or geez that was it ... would be blunt to make a sequel though >.>

Game Designer
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

...Well... sorry, another wrong answer. :p
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i take my fourth chance and pick... scream...

well, true, more stupid chicks running around and getting chased by a mad killer surely WILL make you rich, but since the last part is already that old, i dont think theres gonna be another part
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

chicken wrote:
i take my fourth chance and pick... scream...

well, true, more stupid chicks running around and getting chased by a mad killer surely WILL make you rich, but since the last part is already that old, i dont think theres gonna be another part

Scream is the correct answer! While Wes Craven has said he'd eventually like to do another Scream film (Scream 4Ever, some have said it would be called), it's not slated to be released.

As for the last two:

Saw 4 is just about to begin shooting. Final casting is being made at the time of this post. In fact, Tobin Bell (Jigsaw) has said he's signed on until Saw 6!

The Mummy 3 is to begin shooting this summer, and Brendan Fraiser is set to return, also starring Jet Li. (No word on the Scorpion King, the Rock)

Speaking of Pro wrestlers, here's a tough new question pertaining to that subject:

Question 9:

Who is the youngest person to have won the WWE/WWF world title?
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be Randy Orton, at 24 years old.

Unless you want to get picky, and say that he won the World Heavyweight Title, which is just the old WCW belt. In that case, the youngest "WWE" champion was Brock Lesnar at 25 years.

That's splitting hairs, since the "WWE" title is on Smackdown, and the heavyweight title is on Raw.

But, yeah... Orton was the youngest to win a world title.

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
That would be Randy Orton, at 24 years old.

Unless you want to get picky, and say that he won the World Heavyweight Title, which is just the old WCW belt. In that case, the youngest "WWE" champion was Brock Lesnar at 25 years.

That's splitting hairs, since the "WWE" title is on Smackdown, and the heavyweight title is on Raw.

But, yeah... Orton was the youngest to win a world title.

...Which is correct. My brother who is training to be a pro wrestler (He works the local shows alot, and even goes to a wrestling school), pretty much told me Randy Orton was pushed because of two reasons; One, his father, Cowboy Bob Orton, was chumly with McMahon and a huge supporter of his; second, after Lesner skipped out of the WWE, so they had to take away his record by letting someone even younger than he win the title.

The Final Question... will be posted shortly. :p
This User Has Completed

Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I always figured that's what it was. Just the WWE's way of sticking it to Lesnar after he left in such a lousy fashion, and trashed the company in interviews.

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been racking my brain for a perfect question to close out the fourth SBiF Random Trivia contest, and here it goes;

Question 10: Frank Miller (writer of The Dark Knight Returns, Sin City) originally hired, and wrote a screenplay for a sequel to a film, which was well received by the studio execs. Later, however, he was told it was unfilmable, and it was heavily rewritten- and when released, became a critical flop. What film was it?
This User Has Completed

chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well i guess you dont mean 300 so i got no idea =/

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about this while reading a bit about lousy movies.

If I'm not mistaken, that would be RoboCop 2. He was asked to write a sequel to the first movie, and the movie execs didn't like it, so they rewrote it until it was an unwatchable pile of tripe. Cool Guy

People hated it because there was too much violence with no reason or context, and Mr. Robo himself was more robot than man again, even after becoming "human" again in the first movie.

Didn't they do something with the original script? I think they used it for comics. Meh/Worried
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
I read about this while reading a bit about lousy movies.

If I'm not mistaken, that would be RoboCop 2. He was asked to write a sequel to the first movie, and the movie execs didn't like it, so they rewrote it until it was an unwatchable pile of tripe. Cool Guy

People hated it because there was too much violence with no reason or context, and Mr. Robo himself was more robot than man again, even after becoming "human" again in the first movie.

Didn't they do something with the original script? I think they used it for comics. Meh/Worried

Right-o, Freedan. You got everything down pat. And yes, between 2003-2006 9 issues covering the entire screenplay was released as "Frank Miller's Robocop."

Congratulations to all the winners. See you next time!
This User Has Completed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: