TerraEarth Forums

Favorite Dungeon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your Favorite Dungeon?
Edwards Castle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Incan Ruins
30%
 30%  [ 8 ]
Diamond Mine
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sky Garden
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
Seaside Palace/Mu
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Angel City
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
China's Great Wall
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mt. Temple
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ankor Wat
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Pyramid
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Tower of Babel
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jewler's Mansion [Secret Dungeon]
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26

Nurdof
Level 10: Dark Bat

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 71,096

PostNurdof Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sky Garden is definitely my favorite dungeon. One reason I like it, is because it's really hard to beat, and for another reason, its music. The music, somehow makes the dungeon pretty hard to complete.
MaxPlastic
Level 2: Whisp

Level 2: Whisp

Gems 32

PostMaxPlastic Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's DEFINITELY NOT Mu... Ugh... After ten minutes in Mu, I hate everything my life entails
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Angkor Wat, I loved that temple level! Very Happy
PaGaN3l3m3nts
Level 7: Raiden

Gems 1,022

PostPaGaN3l3m3nts Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Angkor Wat as well. Honestly, I love all the game's dungeons; it does an excellent job of making each one distinct, I think. Bt, Angkor Wat just has a wonderful atmosphere. The only one that actually feels like you're fighting your way through a deathtrap of ruins, possibly enhanced by finding the corpses of Frazier's team on your way through. ^_^ Music sounds desperate too, and I find the damn flies every bit as annoying as real ones. >_<

Undersea Palace was atmosphere I enjoy more, but its barely even a dungeon. Sky Gardens are definitely a close second.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

PaGaN3l3m3nts wrote:
I went with Angkor Wat as well. Honestly, I love all the game's dungeons; it does an excellent job of making each one distinct, I think. Bt, Angkor Wat just has a wonderful atmosphere. The only one that actually feels like you're fighting your way through a deathtrap of ruins, possibly enhanced by finding the corpses of Frazier's team on your way through. ^_^ Music sounds desperate too, and I find the damn flies every bit as annoying as real ones. >_<

Undersea Palace was atmosphere I enjoy more, but its barely even a dungeon. Sky Gardens are definitely a close second.

W-woah, this is way off topic but OH MY GOD YOU LIVE!

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:

W-woah, this is way off topic but OH MY GOD YOU LIVE!

+1111
Metall Ark (XD®)
Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 3,051

PostMetall Ark (XD®) Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewler's Mansion [Secret Dungeon] is my favourite cause it isn´t big and the boss was not so hard but the monsters looks great.

PaGaN3l3m3nts

Gems 1,022

PostPaGaN3l3m3nts Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=rainchain]W-woah, this is way off topic but OH MY GOD YOU LIVE![/quote]
Yeah, I've been out of it a while... My life became really hectic for... a couple years. XD I was pretty ecstatic to find my account still existed.

Metall Ark (XD®) wrote:
Jewler's Mansion [Secret Dungeon] is my favourite cause it isn´t big and the boss was not so hard but the monsters looks great.

The main appeal of Jewel's Mansion to me was that it felt so radically different from all the other dungeons. Also, I like the stairway that you have to slide under. I think it's the only "hidden" slide location in the game.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

PaGaN3l3m3nts wrote:
The main appeal of Jewel's Mansion to me was that it felt so radically different from all the other dungeons. Also, I like the stairway that you have to slide under. I think it's the only "hidden" slide location in the game.

Poor Tay was stuck for some time at that very spot.

It was a sad day. Sad

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

where is this jeweler's mansion? i didnt see it in the game. then again, no faq and a (imo) lame story leads to no desire to explore what free-roam you do have
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
where is this jeweler's mansion? i didnt see it in the game. then again, no faq and a (imo) lame story leads to no desire to explore what free-roam you do have

You have to ascertain all 50 Red Jewels, then speak to the Jeweler in Dao. He'll transport you there.

The Mansion has ONE Herb and no Dark Space. Which means no Saving/Healing/Freedan/Shadow. All the enemies are pumped up versions of the Diamond Mine enemies, and the final boss is Solid Arm from Soul Blazer. It takes a fair amount of skill to complete.

And it helps if you haven't used many herbs.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

You have to ascertain all 50 Red Jewels, then speak to the Jeweler in Dao. He'll transport you there.

The Mansion has ONE Herb and no Dark Space. Which means no Saving/Healing/Freedan/Shadow. All the enemies are pumped up versions of the Diamond Mine enemies, and the final boss is Solid Arm from Soul Blazer. It takes a fair amount of skill to complete.

It should tell you how to access Jem's Mansion in the final couple of pages of the manual....well, it does in the European version at least. *waves his very dog-eared copy of Illusion of Time manual* Smile

I suddenly find myself wondering, is there maybe a cheat or a savestate hack that could let you change between forms without needing a Darkspace? Off-topic wonderings...

It does take a bit of skill to beat Solid Arm, but mostly it takes repetitive actions that are well-timed; I have managed to beat Solid Arm without using any herbs and taking no damage, but that was exactly ONCE many moons ago and I was having an incredibly great day in general before I even turned on my SNES. Very Happy
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

i dont think i got that many jewels, 30 at most
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of them are well hidden. You'll need a FAQ or the instruction booklet.

The NTSC instruction booklet had all the locations, and according to YETI (yes, that's your name now, lol) the PAL version does as well.

subjectnamehere
Level 6: Stone Golum

Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 6,064

Postsubjectnamehere Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't finished the game yet, but I liked the Sky Garden a lot.

The worst one is, without a doubt, Mu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: