TerraEarth Forums

Chocobos Vs. Moogles
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What animal is cooler?
Chocobo
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Moogle
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

gamechampionx
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the first half of FF3/6 but I found the second half completely unplayable. So even though I own the cart and box, I still haven't bothered to finish the game. Every time I get to the second world, it's like pulling teeth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never understood people's 'hatred' for the World of Ruin phase. But that's usually the one complaint against the game. Meh/Worried

I guess some may say it's just aimless wandering while you round up your party members again. But to me, it gives you a chance to see each character's backstory in more depth. Gau and his father, Cyan's closure, Locke's guilt... it all gets a chance to wrap up in the second half of the game.

gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't deal with collecting all those characters and then losing them and having to collect them all again. It was like covering the same ground twice.

Also, backstory elements are great, but you still need to progress and have a clue as to what you need to do next. The backstory grows but the "current" story just stops dead! "What do I do next?"

I was especially boggled when the girl at the daycare didn't rejoin your pary.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Axe Kazama
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

the only reason I wasn't fond of it was because it wasn't my type of scenary, just the colour scheme erks me

same with games with desert scenary, doesn't please me at all
gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the fence about starting to play FF3/6 again. I need to one day finish that damn game. Do you eventually get all your characters back in the world of ruin?
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You can round them up eventually. The hardest part is when you first start out; Terra doesn't do too well on her own.

But once you start getting the stronger characters (Sabin and Edgar are a major help), rounding up the others becomes much easier.

Characters generally aren't too hard to find; you're usually directed to the next area, and most characters have their own small dungeon area to go through before you get to them. But they never usually take more than a few minutes (not counting battles and all) if you know where you're going.

gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That bloody daycare girl wouldn't join me. I killed that evil demon thingy attacking the village and then I'm just like, ok, now she HAS to join me...... and nothing.

Oh well, I'll just take the time to figure this thing out.
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, Terra is at the village taking care of the kids. Celes is the one I meant.

Anyway, I won't give it all away, but Terra won't join you right away. You can find the others as you follow the directions you're given as they join you.

gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I started a new game last night and I'm about an hour into it..... got to the town south through the cave.

I still think Narsche is the coolest town name ever though lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: