TerraEarth Forums

Square Enix Party 2007 Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:34 am   Post subject: Square Enix Party 2007 Thread Reply with quote

Because Square Enix announced some awesome stuff pertaining to the Final Fantasy games in general.

- Final Fantasy XI (the mmorpg) is getting a fourth expansion titled "Crusaders of Altana" in Japan, and "Wings of the Goddess" here in North America. The trailer depicted the ruins you see around the major cities (Bastok, Windurst, San d'Oria, and I'm thinking Jeuno) all rebuilt, and there's speculation flying that players will go back in time to when the original opening movie shows. That trailer can be seen here.

- A new Final Fantasy-esque fighting game titled "Dissidia: Final Fantasy" was announced. It looks like they'll be using characters from all of their FF games, since the first character art (the first scans from... either Famitsu or Shonen Jump, I'm not sure since I don't have it on hand at the moment) shows Kuja and Zidane of FF9 fame.

- The Wii will be getting a new Chocobo Dungeon game.

- Final Fantasy 4 is getting a makeover a la Final Fantasy 3 (the original for the NES, not the American version of 6). It will be released for the DS, will be sporting the new 3D graphics, new character designs, new episodes, a deeper story, improved event scenes, and voice acting. This is the title that's making me go Hyper OMG. The first scan can be seen here. If that link doesn't work because of OMG HOTLINKING!!! or whatever, go here for it and click the link.

- Confirmed for North American release are Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, which is a remake of the original Tactics game, complete with updated graphics, new job classes, and a multiplayer mode. It will be released in October 2007 for the PSP. The other game slated for a stateside release is Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, the spin-off from the original FF12 game for the DS. It will be released this winter.

- Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core has a release date in Japan. It will hit shelves in Japan in September. Hopefully they'll actually release the game this September. ;D

Other announcements that really have nothing to do with Final Fantasy, but are associated with Squeenix (and mainly because I don't want to have to make another thread in the Gen. Gaming forum):

- A new Kingdom Hearts title was confirmed. Before that as an intro, the new secret movie from KH2: Final Mix+ was shown. Nomura said more information would be let out at the TGS this year.

- Star Ocean 1 and 2 are getting shiny new remakes for the PSP, including updated graphics, new character art, and cutscenes animated by anime studio Production I.G. They're also getting new subtitles as well (instead of just "Star Ocean 1" and "Star Ocean the Second Story"). They will be named "Star Ocean 1: First Depature" and "Star Ocean 2: Second Evolution". Also, a Star Ocean 4 has been confirmed by Enix and tri-Ace. No platform has been specified for Star Ocean 4.

They're making my year right now, srsly.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: