TerraEarth Forums

Where'd the Japanese -> English translation thread go?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bergamot
Level 1: Huball

Gems 0

Postbergamot Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:06 am   Post subject: Where'd the Japanese -> English translation thread go? Reply with quote

There used to be a thread in this forum with English translations of the Japanese version of IoG next to the English text. The link I have in my bookmarks points here:

terraearth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=975&sid=ae29ed59a712948ecb8753c5c0f735c1

Clearly, TerraEarth switched forums at some point. Does anyone have a copy of that thread, or at least the important parts? I've looked everywhere I can think of.

This thread has a few bits of info:

romhacking.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ecfd9bd56bdd46a55ec19f07ebfb5797&topic=3073.msg41759#msg41759

but I remember there being more.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:41 am   Post subject: Re: Where'd the Japanese -> English translation thread go Reply with quote

bergamot wrote:
There used to be a thread in this forum with English translations of the Japanese version of IoG next to the English text. The link I have in my bookmarks points here:

terraearth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=975&sid=ae29ed59a712948ecb8753c5c0f735c1

Clearly, TerraEarth switched forums at some point. Does anyone have a copy of that thread, or at least the important parts? I've looked everywhere I can think of.

This thread has a few bits of info:

romhacking.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ecfd9bd56bdd46a55ec19f07ebfb5797&topic=3073.msg41759#msg41759

but I remember there being more.

TerraEarth crashed, and we were reverted to a board backup from 2005. We didn't switch forums.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Joska

Gems 17

PostJoska Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize this is an old topic, but since this is relevant to what I am looking for I figured I would ask.

If anyone does have a copy of the translation thread I would be very interested in seeing it.
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

there are some parts translated, i think the topic was called "illusion fo Gaia - Good Translation?"

Gems 17

PostJoska Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I saw that topic. But I assumed this topic mentioned contained a lot more of the original text being retranslated.
Shiva Indis
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 366

PostShiva Indis Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember one other translation-related thing - a thread of character, place name and item differences from around the time I posted the translation comparisons the first time. I've been meaning to recreate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: