TerraEarth Forums

ALIENS? O_O WHERE? <_< >_>
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:38 am   Post subject: ALIENS? O_O WHERE? <_< >_> Reply with quote

alright, this is something i really LOVE to throw into a talkative crowd Very Happy

do you believe that there is live out there? or do you think we are the only life-forms in the universe?

do you think aliens are good? or are they evil?

do you believe in those strange reports of being "kidnapped" by them? if so, why do you think do they do that? do they want to torture us, or get to know our weak-points so they can easily invade earth and slave us all?

im really anxious what you people think about that Very Happy

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I say there are aliens out there. It's a big universe out there; and not just the small kind of big, but really big. Out of all the planets, galaxies, and moons that are surely out there, I'm pretty sure there's something smarter than us.

Are aliens good or evil? Probably depends. Just like people, there are probably those that are capable of either. But just like we can't generalize our own species and say people are good or bad, we can't make a blanket statement for aliens.

As for the stories of people being abducted and probed, I call BS. Those stories usually come out of small cities/states where nothing ever happens, so people are willing to make up anything to get their name heard. People like alien stories, and it sounds interesting to think that they want to learn about us. Why they would do that from sticking steel rods up someone's arse is beyond me.

If aliens are as advanced as they're always made out to be (they have interstellar vessels, after all), surely they have a way to research us covertly. You know, without the ass probing.

So yes, there's probably other intelligent life out there. Whether they actually want to meet us someday is anyone's guess, though; we're a confused species. We wage wars, discriminate and kill each other over the most trivial matters.

Not to mention a good number of us can't form sentences in our own language (AOL users Mad).

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think I watch X-Files? Cool

But seriously. I think they exist. As the dark knight said, it's a big universe. I'm sure something exists out there. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe that there are aliens out there, I also believe that they are most likely responsible for seeding life here on Earth.

What am I talking about? I'm talking about Archaeas, they are found in the caustic hot springs of Yellowstone Park, the deep sea volcanic vents in the Marianas Trench and deep underground where sunlight never reaches them. They are capable of surviving extreme temperatures, pressure and without sunlight nor oxygen. They are capable of such because they are able to slow their metabolism to almost a standstill, and they breathe in iron and exhales magnetite.

It's quite possible that these ancient primitive lifeforms came from another life-supporting planet and a piece of it broke off from it in a massive collision, travel around space for millions of years before finally landing on Earth, withstanding the heat of re-entry quite well.
manifested spam

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

there are SOME rumors spread around about aliens and former life-forms... like the one that the story the bible tells with adam and eva was actually the history when the so called ANNUNAKI came to the earth. they needed slaves so they created a new species which was used to work for them... guess who that worker bees were, yes, humans. but just one story...

another tells that the known "indogo children" are half human, half alien... women, who got captured by aliens at night, when they sleep, were brought to the backside (!) of the moon, where should be a base of the aliens (which we werent able to discover yet cause its in the dark (dont ask how such ideas pop into the minds of some people)) and then became pregnant there...

and what in rosswell really happened is still unknown, i guess, cause there is always something new comming to the surface so you dont really know what to believe...

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

yay for jase Very Happy
Moddex
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 1,000

PostModdex Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there are in fact aliens out there. As to my conclusions, I find that if we appeared here on Earth 46 Billion years ago into where we are today, the same circumstances can happen with any other planet in similar conditions of our world. I highly doubt we're the only planet in the universe with our variable factors and conditions, therefore if there is a planet out there meeting similar conditions of our world, it would in fact have life like Earth's. Now of course, it won't look the same. Maybe similar, but not the same. Things change and evolve to their needs and conditions, so they'll look pretty weird as we would to them.
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Moddex wrote:
I believe there are in fact aliens out there. As to my conclusions, I find that if we appeared here on Earth 46 Billion years ago into where we are today, the same circumstances can happen with any other planet in similar conditions of our world. I highly doubt we're the only planet in the universe with our variable factors and conditions, therefore if there is a planet out there meeting similar conditions of our world, it would in fact have life like Earth's. Now of course, it won't look the same. Maybe similar, but not the same. Things change and evolve to their needs and conditions, so they'll look pretty weird as we would to them.

I think you mean 4.6 billion, not 46. Nothing is that old; the universe is figured to be no older than 20 billion.

But I'm just being an asshole over a typo. Cool Guy

Anyway, your point makes sense. There was an article written that suggested that life on Earth wasn't just spontaneous or random, but inevitable. The buildup of organic material eventually had to converge somewhere, like how lightning comes from electrical energy being released after building up to high levels.

If there's a region of space with a similar environment, the same may happen (or has already happened). Hell, it may even NOT be similar; just involving compounds we don't know about yet. Meh/Worried

Zhetty
Undefined

Level 3: Cadet

Resident

Gems 907

PostZhetty Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting to think how life evolved elsewhere in the universe. Especially if this were a planet with near-exact conditions to our own.

If there were sentient life, would it even be like us physiologically? Would it even be close to a mammal? I'm thinking of it as an oversized unicellular organism, but that's a tad worrisome. (Giant bacteria, oh noes. >_>)

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
The buildup of organic material eventually had to converge somewhere, like how lightning comes from electrical energy being released after building up to high levels.

That reminds me of those experiments where scientists ran an electrical charge through some compounds dissolved in water. This was under the rationale of imitating early Earth conditions; the theory that lightning strikes in the primordial oceans created basic biological compounds.

If I remember correctly, one of the results were creation of amino acids.
manifested spam

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
If there's a region of space with a similar environment, the same may happen (or has already happened). Hell, it may even NOT be similar; just involving compounds we don't know about yet. Meh/Worried

wasnt there a planet found which was highly similar to our earth and therefor called EARTH 2?

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

yay for jase Very Happy
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about "Earth 2", but yes, there was a planet similar to our own found. As far as I know, they called it Gliese 581c, named after the red star it orbits (Gliese 581).

It's just over 20 light years away (about 120 trillion miles), and it has liquid water like our own planet. Most other planets are too hot or cold, but this one falls right in the middle.

Moddex

Gems 1,000

PostModdex Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, we don't technically need a planet to even be like ours to sustain even the most primitive of life forms. A certain moon orbiting Saturn has the capacity to sustain kemosynthetic lifeforms. (Life that feeds off of warmth rather than the sun.) These creatures can survive even the most ungodly of environments and thrive rather well off. We have such things living on Earth as we speak too. Deep in our oceans, there's algae and certain kinds of crustaceans that live only off of extreme heat. The reason why I mentioned one of the moons around Saturn is because that has the same conditions as the bottom of an abyssal plain in our ocean. Extreme freezing temperatures in the water with volcanic vents to support life. Now imagine if life continued this way and evolved into more diverse species, following up to an intelligent one.
chicken
manifested spam

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well, maybe you are right, freedan, i didnt know the exact name of the planet, just remembered they called it in the news "earth 2" ^^

anyway... every time i think about livin on another planet, i ask myself why we should do that... and then i remember a phrase from MATRIX, when smith tells morpheus "humanity is like a virus. it spreads and leaves behind nothing but destruction" and actually, he is right... we really do. and if you dont agree with me, how do you explain climate change? or global dimming? the oil reserves that get smaller and smaller? ect... if you think further, settling a new planet wouldnt be any better than the imagination of aliens comming to our planet to settle here... see?

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

yay for jase Very Happy
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could get past the gasses on Venus, perhaps, or find that Mars has drinkable water, then I don't suppose that living on a different planet would be that farfetched.

If someone could make Pluto inhabitable, I would totally live there. Very Happy Then again, Pluto is still a planet, no matter what some stupid scientists say. Cool

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
chicken
manifested spam

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

still, settling a new planet also means to fight for it, doesnt it? i guess you all knew what happened, when the first european settlers (except the vikings) arrived in america...? little big horn, wounded knee, .... does there ring a bell?

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

yay for jase Very Happy
Moddex

Gems 1,000

PostModdex Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if it's inhabited.

By the way, that second Earth was called Orpheus. Russian Scientists speculate it collided with Earth during the early creation point and created the moon.

As for living on Mars, it's possible, but to give it an atmosphere is really dangerous considering nothing is holding its axis. It swaggers from a 0º tilt to a 90º tilt. Pretty erratic really. Venus does the same thing. Why our planet doesn't do this is because the moon's keeping our planetary axis balanced at about 26º Throughout the span of the year. If we lost the moon for example, we'd lose climate control and we'd end up having scorching heats in Antarctica and blizzards in the Sahara. Oceans would freeze and boil. Winds would change weather patterns. It's all mass chaos.

I guess what I'm saying is without some kind of satellite to maintain axis tilt on a planet, we'd have a very chaotic climate where ever we terraform. We'd have to build some kind of orbital satellite that matches up with the gavitic balance to maintain such a necessary axis.

But back to the point, ALIENS!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: