TerraEarth Forums

Question about Site Content

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Site Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gamechampionx
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:06 pm   Post subject: Question about Site Content Reply with quote

I love TE .... great images, correct information, and it covers all three games in the trillogy.

However, I'm wondering why so many of the section are currently unavailable. I've been casually browsing the site for a number of years, and I don't think that info has ever been there... though I could be quite wrong.

It just seems like a shame that such a good site is left partially completed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
eFlare
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 5,813

PosteFlare Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the thing is. TerraEarth was founded by RPGlunatic together with his younger brother boxxleman. RPGlunatic got a life eventually and left the realm for boxxleman to run.

Time passed and boxxleman had a lot going on in the real world as well so eventually I volunteered to take over the maintenance. Now, over the last few months I've gotten really busy.

I sort of lost track of time and now TerraEarth still isn't completed. I have been working my butt of migrating TerraEarth to a custom build content management system but that takes a lot of time. However once that is done, managing TerrEarth's content will be easier for me as well as doable for all staff members as we will no longer be bound to FTP uploading of files.

Still, that's a lot of work for one guy, who goes to school full time and has a job next to that.

We'll get there.

BTW. here's a sneak preview of the CMS. Not that it's of any interest, besides to the staff Wink

Click for full size version

chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooh, THAT looks intersting indeed O_O *stares*

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok. That's a rather interesting history lesson.

Now you've got me curious about how the "new" site is going to work. I love being a tech junkie, lol. XD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see RPGLunatic drop a line sometime in the future. Very Happy

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there's anything I can do around here to help out with web-based progress. I've got some technical skills and I'd really like to see the site in a more complete state.
eFlare
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 5,813

PosteFlare Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

gamechampionx wrote:
I wonder if there's anything I can do around here to help out with web-based progress. I've got some technical skills and I'd really like to see the site in a more complete state.

I will refer you to this topic. Should say enough ^_^
gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Site Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum