TerraEarth Forums

SBiF Challenge!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:07 pm   Post subject: SBiF Challenge! Reply with quote

Think of... the trivia game, only, a new version. Instead of me trying to ask you people questions, you ask me a question. When I first read the question, I will not look up the answer- I promise- if I cannot honestly answer, I will award 25 GEM's. The limit is one question per person. Any question is welcomed. May the game begin!
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A movie question; should be fairly easy for one as knowledgeable as you, but I'm just testing with this first one.

What movie does the line "English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?" come from?

A free cookie if you know the actor that said it, and the name of the character he played. Also, I'll send YOU 10 gems. Very Happy

chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i also got one for you, also a movie question:

"killing people is BAD, and WRONG! there should be a new, stronger word for killing, like BADWRONG or BDONG! yes, killing is BDONG!"

so do you know where this line comes from? Very Happy

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
A movie question; should be fairly easy for one as knowledgeable as you, but I'm just testing with this first one.

What movie does the line "English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?" come from?

A free cookie if you know the actor that said it, and the name of the character he played. Also, I'll send YOU 10 gems. Very Happy

Freedan: If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that from Pulp Fiction? Sounds like something Samuel L. Jackson would say. (He played Jules in the film) To be honest, I saw it for the first time only about a month ago... but I could be mistaken... always could be from Star Wars. You know they love cursing in all those classics. :p

Chicken: Spoken by the Chosen One, actor Steve Oedekerk, in "Kung Pow: Enter the Fist"
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was Pulp Fiction.

I guess it was fairly obvious it was Sam Jackson. He can't seem to get through a movie without "motherfucker" ("motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane").

And Jules, he was. Cool Guy

Bravo, you nerd. Very Happy

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
Yes, it was Pulp Fiction.

I guess it was fairly obvious it was Sam Jackson. He can't seem to get through a movie without "motherfucker" ("motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane").

And Jules, he was. Cool Guy

Bravo, you nerd. Very Happy

Thank you. The nerd thing is much appreciated and accepted. Very Happy
This User Has Completed

Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Which series has two games currently in the canon series, the first game of which is divided into 2 episodes, of which the first episode takes place in egypt and the second place takes place in teohuatican, mesopotamia and middle-age europe, respectively?
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan-Michele wrote:
Which series has two games currently in the canon series, the first game of which is divided into 2 episodes, of which the first episode takes place in egypt and the second place takes place in teohuatican, mesopotamia and middle-age europe, respectively?
Confused I'm honestly stumped. I can't think of a single game like that... the only thing coming to me is Age of Empires, but that's probably wrong.
This User Has Completed

Axe Kazama
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SBF, you're a genius...turning the tables on the tableturner Very Happy
for the $32,000 question....

Which recent film (2007) did Dustin Hoffman star in as a supporting character?

Hint: He's plays an English professor named Jules Hilbert

Bonus cookie, if you can name the lead character in this movie and the actor that plays the lead character
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not entirely mistaken, it might be Stranger than Fiction, that movie with Will Ferrell where his life is being written out by an author. But I think that came out at the end of last year, not this year... so I may be wrong.
This User Has Completed

Axe Kazama
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful movie, my bad on the year. Came out 2007 in Australia Wink
*hands over bonus cookie*
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,507

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What video game rpg series (three games share the same main name) takes real (mostly historical) places in the world and incorporates it into the game itself with the fantasy element?

There are two technical names for this series, and I'll accept either one. Very Happy And as a hint: Three of the four games, the main protagonist has an ability to transform into something else.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Egads. I honestly don't know. I only have one guess- is it Xenosaga? That's the only series I know with three games titled the same, and then the original was called "Xenogears." I've never played any of them, although I do own the original Xenogears game, so I'll give that as my final answer.
This User Has Completed

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,507

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No, unfortunately. Sad Sorry. The series I'm referring to is the Koudelka/Shadow Hearts series. Very Happy

Wiki links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koudelka
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Hearts

Very Happy It's one of my favourite series ever.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been stumped. I remember Koudelka from back in the day- I'd gotten around to playing it. I'll send over your reward shortly.
This User Has Completed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: