TerraEarth Forums

Noobish Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaiaNoob
Level 1: Huball

Gems 20

PostGaiaNoob Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:31 am   Post subject: Noobish Question Reply with quote

This is related to Illusion of Gaia, but is also more general.

I just finished Illusion of Gaia for the first time recently. I wanted to get some screen caps from ZSNES, so I downloaded it, and a saved game from this nice site.

Now, I have the game up and running, but how do I load a save file? I am 100% baffled by these "Pick State" options and what they mean. The documentation for ZSNES on sourceforge is a bit broken at the moment.

So, kind people, can you help me out?

P.S. Note to all legal authorities: I own a copy of the Illusion of Gaia cartridge, which soundly places me on the lighter end of the gray emulation spectrum.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:50 am   Post subject: Re: Noobish Question Reply with quote

GaiaNoob wrote:
This is related to Illusion of Gaia, but is also more general.

I just finished Illusion of Gaia for the first time recently. I wanted to get some screen caps from ZSNES, so I downloaded it, and a saved game from this nice site.

Now, I have the game up and running, but how do I load a save file? I am 100% baffled by these "Pick State" options and what they mean. The documentation for ZSNES on sourceforge is a bit broken at the moment.

So, kind people, can you help me out?

P.S. Note to all legal authorities: I own a copy of the Illusion of Gaia cartridge, which soundly places me on the lighter end of the gray emulation spectrum.

For the most part, you should be able to load a save file when you save in the game. If you use the save state option (which is like a free save point in dungeons), that's what the "Pick State" option is for. It's been a while since I've used ZSNES (I use SNES9x mostly), but when you use Save State, and it asks you to pick a state, pick a number. Smile Then when you go back and load the game, select "Load State", and click the number you used for the save state. That will get you your saved game. Very Happy

Hopefully that wasn't too weird or not so easy to understand. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
GaiaNoob

Gems 20

PostGaiaNoob Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense if I am saving a new game, but I want to use a save file I downloaded from this site. How does it know what save state number it is or is there a way to assign it or something?
GaiaNoob

Gems 20

PostGaiaNoob Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you inspired me to figure it out by saving a game and seeing what it did. I just copied its conventions and voila!

Thanks for the help!
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem! I didn't see that second part of the question, but at least it's all figured out now, yeah? Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: