TerraEarth Forums

Music Interests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My taste in music is beyond diverse. I listen to pop, rock, metal, jrock, soundtracks, techno, dance, hip-hop, country, classical, opera, EVERYTHING!

My favorite bands include Creed, Evanescence, Bowling for Soup, and Hilary Duff.

As for a song I can't get enough of? I'd say "Your Star" by Evanescence. When the piano solo comes in, OMG, it's beyond awesomeness.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
gamechampionx
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been really into Eternal Tears of Sorrow - the River Flows Frozen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
lucas_kelly11
Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 3,009

Postlucas_kelly11 Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like alternative sort of stuff. Like Linkin Park and Breaking Benjamin.

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, I was listening to Crash Test Dummies - Keep a Lid on Things. That song is sorta out there while still sounding like something that should be popular.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
subjectnamehere

Gems 6,064

Postsubjectnamehere Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite bands are Megadeth, Anthrax, Pantera, Thin Lizzy, Motörhead, Annihilator, The Clash, Jaco Pastorius, Earth Wind & Fire, Coldplay.

I also play bass and I used to play piano.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
My taste in music is beyond diverse. I listen to pop, rock, metal, jrock, soundtracks, techno, dance, hip-hop, country, classical, opera, EVERYTHING!

My favorite bands include Creed, Evanescence, Bowling for Soup, and Hilary Duff.

As for a song I can't get enough of? I'd say "Your Star" by Evanescence. When the piano solo comes in, OMG, it's beyond awesomeness.

i never cared for that song much really. my favourite of theirs was Taking Over Me. then again, i did massively overplay the song while i was spending quality time with ff8. now, every time i hear that song, i see that scene with rinoa falling into squall's arms.

as for my tastes, i mainly listen to metal. i like something heavy (not too heavy, like some black metal ive heard), with good pace and melody. im also a great fan of epic-sounding symphonic stuff. orchestral mixes of video game music, symphonic metal, its all awesome.

as for some bands... Delain, Dragonland and Altaria are probably my all-time favourites to date, closely followed by the more mainstream power metal bands such as Kamelot, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica and Nightwish.
Level 12: Soul Knight

Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 6,011

Postthefencemaster Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My musical taste is pretty simple. I don't like music that yells at me, Pop, Rap, or Country

Everything else is fair game and music that I enjoy a lot.

Not even going to try to pick a few bands to list.

As of right now I've been listening to a lot of music by The Beatles and The Moody Blues.

-The Fence Master
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read my previous post.

Can I stab my past self?

Do you guys think that would have negative repercussions?

As of now I'd set my tastes at Rock, Metal, Electronic, and Symphonic.

I'm completely sick of Creed, can barely listen to Evanescence, and lost interest in Hilary Duff. (though I do still enjoy Pop)

I've mostly been listening to J-Rock and J-Pop lately, though much time has been spent with video game remixes.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
I just read my previous post.

Can I stab my past self?

Do you guys think that would have negative repercussions?

As of now I'd set my tastes at Rock, Metal, Electronic, and Symphonic.

I'm completely sick of Creed, can barely listen to Evanescence, and lost interest in Hilary Duff. (though I do still enjoy Pop)

I've mostly been listening to J-Rock and J-Pop lately, though much time has been spent with video game remixes.

i cant see how you can barely listen to evanescence (well, only the first album, never cared for the 2nd one).

and +1 on the video game remixes, thats 90+% of my youtubing gone on those.
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tastes have slightly changed, you know, it being 09 and all.

I still like classical, some 80's pop, video game music, etc.

I've also come to like electronic/dance mixes (well some, if they don't suck), electropop, and some trance. Some trance.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Prime Blue wrote:

I've also come to like electronic/dance mixes (well some, if they don't suck), electropop, and some trance. Some trance.

yeah ive found some trance is quite hard to like, especially when its the same 2-3 notes for about 5 minutes with little or no variation. and remixes can be quite awesome too (the terranigma resurrection one comes to mind)
Level 7: Raiden

Level 7: Raiden

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ska. Ska (mostly 3rd and 2nd wave) is definitely my favorite genera. Though I listen to all kinds of music, I used to be really into oldies but a lot less so now. I like metal when I'm in the right mood for it. Power metal particularly but also other sub-types. Techno, whatever catches my ear.

My mission to promote Ska
If you've never heard of Ska or only have a vague idea of what it is, I'm not surprised.
First appearing in Jamacia well before Reggae, Ska was popular there in the late forties and early fifties, and that early scene still holds an influence on "ska style" if not on Ska music so much these days.
Ska came to Britain and became popular with a wave of immigrants in the early 80s, resulting in the "Second Wave" of Ska music, which added it's own flavor to the mix. The late 80s and early 90s saw Ska fuse with punk (thanks largely to bands like "Operation Ivy"), this third incarnation was popular in the US for a very brief period around 1996, with songs like "The Impression that I Get" (Never Had to Knock on Wood) and Sell Out garnering a lot of popularity.

The only *real* rule for Ska is the constant upbeat. The subject matter and instruments used can be anything. Though a lot of people hearing 3rd wave are quick to dismiss it as "punk with horns/trumpets" again wind instruments aren't a given. It just has to have an up beat. Which can make for an interesting and satisfying listen to the cynic given the right song. (Like almost anything from RBF)
Good examples-
The Planet Smashers - "Unstoppable" "Blind" "She's Late"

Reel Big Fish - "Don't start a Band" "Talkin Bout a Revolution" (They're well known for their covers.) "Everything Sucks"

2nd Wave Ska Example- "Night Boat to Cairo - Madness" They also did the well known "Our House" (in the middle of our street!) and "It must be love." (looove love) among others.

This is just a small sample, I could link all day to bands like Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, Ska-P, the Skatelites...
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
i cant see how you can barely listen to evanescence (well, only the first album, never cared for the 2nd one).

Well, I still mostly enjoy their first album (Origin), but I've grown rather tired of Fallen, and I only ever liked on song on The Open Door.

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

Well, I still mostly enjoy their first album (Origin), but I've grown rather tired of Fallen, and I only ever liked on song on The Open Door.

ive never heard origin, i name Fallen as their first because i think it was the first released under a major label, and the first popular one everyone knows.

as for the open door, i only really liked one or 2 songs from that too, it was quite a disappointing work.
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, I live in their hometown, so...

...yeah...

Anyway, here's a playlist with the Origin album. It's worth checking out if you like/liked Evanescence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: