TerraEarth Forums

Badly written story time.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:25 am   Post subject: Badly written story time. Reply with quote

Two quick little stories here, written about the game Monster Hunter. Rolling Eyes

The first was just done as a joke and put in a spammy type topic over at GameFAQs, the second was more serious, but still badly written because I was rushing and didn't want to drag it out too much. Anyway, thought I'd post here for the hell of it ... ... ... and to get more Gems. Crazy Dance
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:25 am   Post subject: Spammy Story Reply with quote

It was a normal day, a time for me to go out and hunt to earn my daily wages. According the the village elder a Rathian had attacked a traveler, usually more docile than the males of the species this was strange. But it was my job so I packed my Lance, donned my armour and set out towards the Jungle in which the majestic beast had made its nest.

*** A short time later ***

I found the nest of the Rathian, high up on a small cliff, she wasn't there yet and there were some Ioprey aimlessly wandering about. I threw a flash bomb, immobilising them, and proceeded to slaughter each of them. I went to the bloody work of skinning them and ripping off their claws as their materials may be used by the blacksmith to later make me some more armour or weapons, perhaps even sell them to whoever may need stock to get an extra drink or two afterwards. Now the area was clear, so I lay in wait until the Rathian arrives.

*** 3 Minutes Later ***

I certainly wasn't expecting her to show up so soon, perhaps the scent of the Ioprey blood that was now covering the ground attracted her, or perhaps it was me, that I shall never know for right then she charged straight at me, though I had believed I was concealed. I hastily lifted my shield to stop some of the force that was behind the attack, the shock near broke my arm, surprising the shield itself stayed intact.
Putting away my Lance and Shield so I could be more mobile I saw her readying herself for a fireball, quickly running behind I took out my Lance and thrust it deep into her, again and again, harder and harder. She tried to stop me by lashing me with her tail filled with poison, but I dodged and started forcing my Lance into her rear yet again. Every time she turned I would dodge and get behind her once more and thrust deep into her again.
Finally she got angry, faster, and stronger. She quickly turned towards me as I was putting my Lance away, and I saw it was too late. She charged, like a bullet out of a bowgun, I had no time to evade or block, she slammed into me, sinking her teeth into my flesh and thats when my mom got scared
And said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air."

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought, "Nah, forget it. Yo home to Bel-Air!"

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabby yo holmes smell ya later
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:26 am   Post subject: More serious one here. Reply with quote

A Hunter is born.

His eyes slowly creep open, allowing the light to filter in at an unhurried pace. Today is the day. He has reached the age where he can finally start his life as a hunter, his name is Muerte, and it has been his dream since he was 10. To protect the village, slay mighty creatures, and be recognized as a hero to all. Hastily dressing he ran out of the room into the village he had called home for all of his life.

Right away he felt the difference in the air, everyone trying to avoid him, to pretend he didn’t exist. He knew why though, they had lost many who had become hunters only to end up a bloody corpse, barely recognizable due to the ravages of the monsters they had hunted. This did not faze Muerte though, he thought to himself how different his fate would be from those others as he strode purposefully to the Village Elder. In fact, not since the Elder himself had there been a hunter that had made the village noticed, but he would be the one to do so yet again.
“Is there anything that needs to be done today Elder?” he asked as came in front of the Elder.
“Actually yes, I do realize that this is your first day as a hunter, and all first time hunters are sent to gather some meat from some rather docile creatures. However just a few days back we sent another hunter out to clear some Velociprey, at this time he is more than likely dead since he never returned.”
Seeing the worried look on Muerte’s face he continued “Not only this, but there have been sightings of a Velocidrome attacking closer to the village, its a much larger, and far more aggressive Velociprey who acts as a pack leader and we find ourselves with only one hunter available at this time. I regret having to ask you this, but will you accept this mission and slay the formidable Velocidrome?”
Visibly shaken Muerte tried to reply, but found it difficult to form words, his mouth dry he finally croaked out a faint “Yes” yet still unable to say more than that.
“Thank you boy, I would do it myself, but I am now much too old for that sort of thing, don’t worry, I’ve arranged for some weapons to be delivered to your house, and here’s 1500z to buy some armour with, you don’t think we would send you out with nothing do you? Be safe in the world of Minegarde.”

Recovering slightly Muerte went to the Blacksmith and Equipment vender store, it was hot, and had an assortment of weapons and armours lying around.
“Hello, and welcome! Oh Muerte, is it that time already? My I thought it was still some way away before you were to become a hunter, try not to get yourself too mangled, but with our armours and weapons you’ll be set not only to be protected, but also to hack up those monsters something shocking.” The seller said to him with a large smile splitting his face.
“Well the chief gave me 1500z, he said that weapons were already sent to my house, so I’m here to buy some armour before I set out for my first mission.” Muerte replied.
“1500z eh? The old bugger isn’t being as helpful as you might think, that will only buy you a set of leather armour, although it should be enough for you to get by presuming you’re not going up against anything like one of those Rathalos there.” He said while smiling and getting the armour out.

Quickly paying he took the armour and ran the short distance to his home then donned the armour. Looking at himself in a mirror he didn’t feel or look terribly impressive, while it was well made, he wasn’t sure he wanted to trust such material to protect him. However, with no choice left but to go on he sighed and walked to his storage room.
The weapons had indeed arrived, a Hunter’s Knife, a small bladed weapon, along with a small metal shield, it looked sharp and rather dangerous, but would he be able to overpower the Velocidrome with something like that he wondered?
The next weapon he came to was an Iron Sword, a mighty Great Sword that looked like it could split anything it touched in two. The edges didn’t look as sharp, but certainly the sheer weight of it would make up for that, but would it be fast enough for what he was facing?
Looking to the next one showed a Hammer, not as long as the Great Sword, but looked to be easier to handle. A long handle tipped with a large block of metal on the end, spikes protruding out of each side, and almost rusty in colour, it seemed an odd choice.
Glance over the Iron Lance it did have a larger shield than the Sword and Shield, but then, the whole contraption looked rather difficult to handle, and only being able to make a straight stab would probably prove a hindrance.
Finally there was the Crossbow Gun, but he didn’t have any ammo, so no matter how tempting it was to just shoot at his target from a distance it seemed to be out of the question for the time being.
Coming back to the second weapon he chose the Great Sword, surely if he could manage a blow or two that would be all that was needed, besides, since it was so thick he could probably use the sword itself as a makeshift shield. He has been training for some time for this, though the armour felt confining, and the sword felt heavy straining his muscles making every movement difficult, but it was too late to now turn back, he returned to the Chief now ready to take on his mission.

Walking past the serene Aptonoth on the nicely kept grass while the sound of steadily flowing water nearby was somewhat soothing his nerves as he searched. He has seen plenty of Velociprey carcasses brought back to the village to be used for their hides, scales, and claws, but never a Velocidrome, they were things killed in the wild by experienced hunters and only the more important parts taken back.
Coming suddenly to the realisation that he was no longer walking on the springy well kept grass, but now longer, less orderly grass, with shrubs and tree’s around snapped him out of his dreamy state. This was no time to be wandering off like that, focus was needed here if he wanted to survive and go back to his village with all his limbs.
He couldn’t place where he was; everything was a deeper green here. Mushrooms dusted the floor, and nearby there was a spider was preparing its silky web for any bugs that may fly past. It gleamed in the little sunlight that got through the tree’s overhead. Looking past the web he saw eyes staring straight at him, panicking he started walking backwards, only to trip.
It jumped over the web as if not to disturb it about to land and crush the life out of Muerte with its birdlike claws. Rolling away at the last instant Muerte stood up and drew the heavy sword that he had chosen to take with him, wishing that he had instead decided on the Sword and Shield.
The creature was slightly bigger than him, its hide blue and scaly, it had razor sharp teeth all along its long beak-like mouth, though they were dirty and bloodstained. The claws on its legs and arms appeared to be black and just as sharp as the teeth, but there was no crest which signified that it was the pack leader, a mere Velociprey had startled him so much and almost killed him because he was staring at a spiders’ web, he cursed himself for being such a fool yet again.
They both stood still, silent as the dead, staring at each other. The blue scales glinted faintly, and the eyes radiated the intelligence of a practiced killer, then suddenly it was charging. Without thought Muerte rolled to the right, gripped his sword and swung it in a circular motion in the space he was just in, the space that was now occupied by the prey. He felt more than saw the heavy blade slice into the slim neck, catching on the bone for not quite a second before crushing even that to slice clean through.
Panting from exhaustion he started skinning the beast, and removing its fangs and claws, the fight had only lasted mere seconds, and yet he was already feeling like collapsing, perhaps he wasn’t cut out for this life after all he thought to himself as he ate some of the supplied dried rations. Either way, it was now irrelevant now as he was here and his village needed him, getting up he pushed himself onwards.

Following a path that looked well used by other hunters he discovered a small body of water, throat parched he bent down and took a mouthful, the clean, crisp taste and cool sensation washing down his throat was as heaven must be. He stood and took his bearings, he could hear a small waterfall somewhere nearby, there were some mushrooms nearby here too, and they seemed to be growing everywhere.
Out of nowhere a shriek echoed throughout the forest, different from the sound he had heard the Velociprey make when it was attacking him. This had the same sound, yet it was deeper and more powerful.
Looking around he saw it, much larger than a normal Velociprey, a red crest, and a strange claw, this was definitely the Velocidrome. Its scales were a brilliant blue unlike the dull blue of its lesser brethren, better muscled and less excess weight. It was truly a sight to behold.
But not one that he could appreciate for long, for it was already jumping at him, trying to lacerate him with its talons. Just barely getting the sword in front of him time he was pushed to the ground, sword ringing with the impact, and the vibrations travelling through his entire body. It tried to snap at his head over and over, but the awkward angle cause by the sword protecting him made it difficult. The Velocidrome leapt back to regain its composure and ready for another assault, giving Muerte enough time to get up and prepare himself.
With barely any time to rest it charged, ready to snap at him with his sharp fangs or leap back yet again if the need arose. Muerte rolled to the right and swung the sword from behind him, and over trying to get as much force as he could behind the massive blade, hoping to cleave the drome into two. Caught off guard the sword pierced its flesh and cut through some of the flesh on its left leg, not enough to kill it, but crimson blood was now seeping out at a satisfactory rate, plenty of it already smeared on the sword which inflicted the wound.
It was in pain, limping around unsure of why its leg wasn’t working correctly, no longer the majestic creature that it once was.
Feeling somewhat at a loss Muerte moved towards the beast, all his heart wanted to do was help this poor thing, yet his mind told him to kill it. Moving up right next to it he looked into the eyes, only the flicker of that cold intellect made him jump back. Not in time though to escape a gash above his left eye. Blood trickled down into his vision, stinging as well as impeding his sight.
The drome leapt at him once more, time seemed to slow down, and his heart and mind clicked into agreement. This creature must be utterly destroyed, drawing his sword behind him he dragged it along the ground, just as the drome got in range he pulled it up with all his might, swinging upwards. The sword felt lighter, the armour more comfortable, and the head of the drome split in two, blood pouring out, soaking the leaf littered floor and his sword and armour alike.
An empowering feeling washed over him, a sense of accomplishment. He had stopped the menace to his town with his own strength, knowing that from now on this would be his life, his job, his passion. He was no longer just a villager, he was a Monster Hunter.
He then bent down and started the bloody work of skinning the drome, the head was ruined, and so the fangs were useless, but he gathered the hide, scales, and claws, and that would have to do.

Thus he went, on to new adventures, constantly battling for his life and his village … until he came across a Kut-Ku, there he died a terrible, horrible, painful death.

-------------------------

Of course, even though the ending goes like that, I may or may not do more anyway if I choose to. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Showcasing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: