TerraEarth Forums

Here's a Challenge
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:06 am   Post subject: Here's a Challenge Reply with quote

How many of you can beat Illusion of Gaia without EVER using a Medical Herb? It's not too tough until you get to the Tower of Babel. Some of the bosses are alot harder without Dark Friar ability.

NOTE: If you open every treasure chest, you will inevitably have to discard two herbs because there are some other items you can't discard.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
gamechampionx
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done it, though I never beat the bosses in the Tower of Babel without dying. Maybe I pulled it on a technicality hahahahaha.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only gone through the Tower of Babel w/o dying, like, once. It's hard. (Especially the Mummy Queen)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't find her that hard. Those vampires are the worst.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

gamechampionx wrote:
I don't find her that hard. Those vampires are the worst.

On my cart for IoG, I've been stuck on those freaking vampires for a while now. I has no herbs to heal Freedan with. Sad

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Wyv
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 99

PostWyv Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never gotten past the vampires without using at least one herb. They seem to be making it a sport to keep me from beating the game herblessly every time I try. >=|
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger ICQ Number
gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can beat the vampires without an herb, but just barely. I think the main points are to avoid the large projectile, and you can't get sloppy when those small orbs are circling them.

Also, tactical placement of your character is a must (avoid path intersections where possible). If you follows those tips, and focus your attention on one first, then the other, it's possible to win without needing herbs. It still ain't pretty though.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick is to use the Dark Friar as if your life depended on it. If you use constant long-range attacks, you can spend most of your time running away, making it less likely to get hit. However, be sure to keep both Vampires within your range of vision, because if you don't see them charge their next attack, you'll regret it. It takes time to beat them this way, but if you're cautious you can logically beat them without even getting hit.

Nurdof
Level 10: Dark Bat

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 71,096

PostNurdof Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

An easy and simple way to beat the Vampires at Mu would be just to avoid their attacks. When the timing's right, slash away at them, and try not to get hit too much. This is a good way to beat the vampires.

I've beaten the vampires with only some of my hp going down.

Last edited by Nurdof on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:54 am; edited 4 times in total
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Joseph wrote:
An easy and simple way to beat the Vampires at Mu would be just to avoid their attacks. When the timing's right, slash away at them, and try not to get hit too much. This is a good way to beat the vampires.

That's a pretty good rule of thumb for any game at any time; hit them, and don't get hit. Cool Guy

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
Joseph wrote:

That's a pretty good rule of thumb for any game at any time; hit them, and don't get hit. Cool Guy

Just like a fight in real life, too.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
MaxPlastic
Level 2: Whisp

Level 2: Whisp

Gems 32

PostMaxPlastic Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played through the game many times, but I dunno if I could do it without the herbs in the Tower of Babel...
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I always go through IoG without using a Medical Herb, it's really not that hard. Smile

Also, if you don't pick up the luggage from that guy waiting outside the hotel in Dao, your inventory at the end of the game will contain:

Crystal Ring
Shadow's...soul?
Black crystal glasses
Lance's letter
Lola's tune
and I think all 19 herbs. Smile (not counting the one you can also get in Gem's mansion).

I even beat Gem once and still had all 19 collected herbs in my pack, though that was rather more of a fluke. Wink
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Beating Solid Arm without healing is rough, but I had the toughest time against the Mummy Queen in the Tower of Babel. I've only done that without healing once.

Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Beating Solid Arm without healing is rough, but I had the toughest time against the Mummy Queen in the Tower of Babel. I've only done that without healing once.

Beating Solid Arm without healing is simply a matter of timing your psycho slides reeeeeeeally carefully all the time, 'tis true.
I can usually beat the Mummy Queen redux with about 10 or so HP left - she inevitably hits me with one of those big damn Dark Friar-like attacks at some point or other, and they hurt like a biatch. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: