TerraEarth Forums

Here's a Challenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Beating Solid Arm without healing is rough, but I had the toughest time against the Mummy Queen in the Tower of Babel. I've only done that without healing once.

i did that with minimal save state abuse. shadow is awesome for that, just do your liquid thing when she gets near you.
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
tay120n64 wrote:
Beating Solid Arm without healing is rough, but I had the toughest time against the Mummy Queen in the Tower of Babel. I've only done that without healing once.

i did that with minimal save state abuse. shadow is awesome for that, just do your liquid thing when she gets near you.

Save states? What do you need save states for, to beat the Mummy Queen? She's not *that* hard! Laughing

Or maybe I'm actually a better player than I thought....?....nah... Razz
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i just dont like redoing dungeons and bosses once ive already gotten that far. so i save state
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think the hardest boss in the game is Castaroth, simply because your HP's so low at that point in the game and it's kinda hard to dodge ALL of his attacks (fire, lasers, claws, head... it's a freakin' bloodbath!) All the other bosses I've never had to use an herb for, except occassionally the vampires, just because when you least suspect it, the other one hits you from behind.

[Edit: Oh, and Dark Gaia of course, but it's the final boss. Never fought Solid Arm]

(By the way, I tried to say "HP...is...so low", but my workstation computer blanked out the P...I...S... and S. Lol!)

Rest in peace, old avatar.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

the first boss was the hardest.

at least the comet was pathetically easy, i dont think i got hit

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The hardest boss fight for me, consistently, is Dak Gaia. The damn grey blobs floating about do quite a bit of damage if you aren't paying attention, and in between dodging them, the green energy orbs, and trying to time your hits on DG's head, I can easily go up against Dark Gaia with full HP to start, and win with only a very few HP left.

Castoth, he's so easy to beat that I don't even bother turning into Freedan, most of the time. Razz It makes it more challenging that way. Ditto on Viper. I once managed to beat the Vampire Twins as Will, but that was much more luck than judgement. Wink
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Gaia is EASY.

No joke. Just equip Shadow's Aura and spam the attack button. Melt whenever lasers come near you, then when he opens his mouth, attack, then melt right before the beam hits you.

Rinse and repeat.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Viper isn't a boss, it's a punching bag. Mad

What a mediocre way to end the Sky Garden... at least Castaroth was cool.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Viper isn't a boss, it's a punching bag. Mad

What a mediocre way to end the Sky Garden... at least Castaroth was cool.

Sky Garden was so ridiculous, that I don't mind Viper being a punching-bag. Made the battle fun, and it also let your guard down for Mu to rape you a new one.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Shiva Indis
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 366

PostShiva Indis Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
At least Castaroth was cool.

Castaroth... too difficult for a first boss. Not that I prefer how easy that fight was in the Japanese version, where you really could just stand there and spam attack, but...
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

first boss was definitely too hard. took me so many tries, in the end i had to save state every few hits ~_~

damn IoG and its lack of possible grinding.

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
first boss was definitely too hard. took me so many tries, in the end i had to save state every few hits ~_~

LOL. I just stand right in front of Castoth and spam the attack button to take about 2/3 of his health off right away. After he fires his energy beams once (during which I'm hiding high up on the right hand side), I come back down and spam the attack button some more. Sorted. :p Not quite beaten him with no damage taken, but close.

The only one that's easier to beat than Castoth is the Sand Fanger, with perfect health. Smile
Nurdof
Level 10: Dark Bat

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 71,096

PostNurdof Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

LOL. I just stand right in front of Castoth and spam the attack button to take about 2/3 of his health off right away. After he fires his energy beams once (during which I'm hiding high up on the right hand side), I come back down and spam the attack button some more. Sorted. :p Not quite beaten him with no damage taken, but close.

The only one that's easier to beat than Castoth is the Sand Fanger, with perfect health. Smile

I agree with you there. I only had 9 HP when fighting Castoth, (if you think about the health bar,) and he was impossible. Then I figured that I didn't have much HP to beat him, and the fact that 9 HP was going to be quite challenging. Only one time did I beat him with 9 HP without getting hit.

On the other hand, the Sand Fanger to me is a piece of cake. When he pops his head out, I'd keep hitting the attack button rapidly, and that's a way of taking down a LOT of his HP. None of Will's special abilities, in my opinion, don't ever do the trick in killing the boss. When he soars upward out of the sand, that can get quite annoying, considering the fact that he does that a lot.

Then there's the other enemies which are downright annoying. Seems to me that the Sand Fanger is so easy, the developers probably thought they could add in a few extra enemies to make the battle a lot more challenging. I can't blame them though, the more challenging of a boss fight is a "real" one.
Calgirl
Level 1: Huball

Level 1: Huball

Gems 21

PostCalgirl Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I always need to use the herb.
Sgt.Pepper1983

Gems 323

PostSgt.Pepper1983 Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard, but I've managed it a few times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: