TerraEarth Forums

Dawn of Mana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gamechampionx
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:10 pm   Post subject: Dawn of Mana Reply with quote

I'm personally a big fan of the Mana series. I own the original Secret of Mana cart for the SNES and I still play it.

So, I was somewhat looking forward to the release of Dawn of Mana, even though I don't own the system it was released for. However, the game received some pretty terrible reviews.

From what I understand, the main issues were bad camera angles, poor controls (particularly with throwing items), and the design issue of resetting the player's level every time they begin a new chapter (which apparently makes some later parts of the game too hard).

I'm wondering if anyone has played this game or even owns it? Is it really that bad?

I wish the Mana series would return to its roots, because Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 are loved to this day while the later titles in the series don't seem to have anywhere near that same level of recognition.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
lucas_kelly11
Level 6: Stone Golum

Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 3,009

Postlucas_kelly11 Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I did like Secret of Mana but no I wont be getting this game because I don't have a PS2 and apparently its not that good.
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, secret of mana was a pretty kick-ass game, although i found it hard to remember where which place on the worldmap exactly was (when you start flying whith that dragon-thingie) so it took me some time to find the exact places i have to go next

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

although i found it hard to remember where which place on the worldmap exactly was (when you start flying whith that dragon-thingie)

Lol! Very true..... it's hard to feel safe when you're flying on some wacked out dragon, and you're given vague instructions by someone who resembles a mushroom.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
TerraHero

Resident

Gems 6,006

PostTerraHero Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah, SoM. I played it together with a friend (2P options rule)

Yah, them where the days.

I also played Seiken Densetsu 3 but never finished it, beat Legend of Mana several times.. also a great game. I got Childeren of Mana for the DS, but im kinda to pre-ocupied with Phoenix Wright that i havent gotten around playing it yet.

Im just wondering when we're gona see a Secret of Mana MMO(RPG), or just 2(multi) players. That was a really cool option in SoM.
ForbiddenDarkWolf
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 146

PostForbiddenDarkWolf Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret of mana is so cool I played two player with gamiechan. I like that game, he has introduced me to a lot of games on the snes that are awesome but now I have no time for new stuff. Thankfully the ps3 has yet to release something I really want lol.

Dawn of Mana from what I watched looks cool and has great potential but it has a really crappy game camera and target lock which make the game not very fun to play. Easy mode is great!, Medium becomes you die mode!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: