TerraEarth Forums

Custom-made Terranigma-Soundtrack
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyv
Level 3: Cadet

Gems 99

PostWyv Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:21 am   Post subject: Custom-made Terranigma-Soundtrack Reply with quote

Hiya!

I've been directed to these boards by a member on ffshrine.org, because he thought it'd be a good idea to showcase my little soundtrack here, what with all those Terranigma fans roaming the place. Wink

Since Terranigma is one of my all-time favourite video games and its music is nothing short of legendary, I decided to take on the task of creating a soundtrack of it some time ago. I do know there already is an official one - but even though the arranged tracks on it absolutely rock, it has two major drawbacks: The sound quality isn't half as good as it should have been, and it is nowhere close to complete, several awesome tracks are missing. That was reason enough for me to give it a shot and see whether or not I could somehow do a better job.

It took me about 2.5 years with long breaks of missing motivation, but in June this year I was done. My Terranigma soundtrack features each of the game's 56 tracks, some of them with slight changes or in arranged versions. Many of them have been done with the help of midis, the rest is entirely self-sequenced due to a lack thereof.

The soundtrack still isn't half as perfect as it deserves to be and as I'd wish it to be, but the positive responses thus far seem to imply that it's still worth listening to. Very Happy

So, enough of the chatter, here are the links:
- Individual tracks as single downloads: http://www.wyverns-spirit.com/?soundtracks
- Whole soundtrack in a .rar file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AV97M7Y3

Enjoy! Comments are more than welcome. Smile

Last edited by Wyv on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger ICQ Number
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading the full thing now. Very Happy

Also, you're able to post links (I went ahead and changed that for you, since you aren't a spambot XD). Smile

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here! Downloading it right now!

Wow, amazing! Another highly dedicated person appears, and show what he has done!

I've been thinking about recording the TN soundtrack on guitar for quite some years now, but lack of equipment prevented me from doing it...
Wyv

Gems 99

PostWyv Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
I went ahead and changed that for you, since you aren't a spambot XD

You sure you did? I still can't edit my posting up there to contain actual links! It's no big deal, though, this way's fine enough. Very Happy

Tell me whatcha think when you're done listening!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger ICQ Number
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm through it by now...

Awesome, considering the efford you put into it. I wouldn't consider it to be "better" than the original soundtrack, but it definitely has his moments. The first two songs gave me creeps! Sylvain has a very orientalic touch now,, and Genuin Playground is outstanding too, very X-Filish.
Some songs are "more taken care off" than others, I'd say, probably because it took you 2,5 years to get it done...
A slight minus point is that in some songs, the bassline is too much in the front, while the melody is too weak to cope with it.

All in all, thank you for the efford! Smile
I haven't played Terranigma (or even listened to the soundtrack) in about a year now. Gave me some sweet memories...Smile
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyv wrote:
rainichan wrote:
I went ahead and changed that for you, since you aren't a spambot XD

You sure you did? I still can't edit my posting up there to contain actual links! It's no big deal, though, this way's fine enough. Very Happy

Tell me whatcha think when you're done listening!

Hm! Weird that it won't let you. I'll see if I can't add the links in myself as an admin, then. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Moddex
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 1,000

PostModdex Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

These are incredible! You must have spent a lot of time with these.
Wyv

Gems 99

PostWyv Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments. Smile

Blade wrote:
Some songs are "more taken care off" than others

That's absolutely true, some of the tracks were done around 2004/2005, and by now I've gotten quite a bit better at using Reason (though I can of course still improve). I probably should have revamped the older tracks, but I was too excited that the thing was finally completed after so much time. :p

Blade wrote:
A slight minus point is that in some songs, the bassline is too much in the front, while the melody is too weak to cope with it.

Oh, mind pointing me to the tracks in which you noticed that? Because I can't find any! Then again, I mastered the whole thing using a headset, so I don't know what the tracks sound like through speakers.

Moddex wrote:
You must have spent a lot of time with these.

I did, but it was well worth it. Wink
eFlare
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 5,813

PosteFlare Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say... wow. I've listened to the original soundtrack over a million times (I'm a real game music addict) and really, wow. Amazing job with the Terranigma soundtrack.

You really managed to improve the quality of the music while still keeping a little bit of the SNES feeling.

Because I'm way to familiar to the original soundtrack I do tend to like the original better but your version is truly great. Awesome job.

(Same goes for the Secret of Evermore and Kirby soundtrack that you're working on... excellent!)
Zhetty
Undefined

Resident

Gems 907

PostZhetty Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absolutely amazing... very amazing. The effort you've applied has shown--not only is it faithful to the original material, but at the same time has a fresh, new feel.

I love this so much. Very Happy
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got the chance to listen to it all, and I must say, I really loved it. Very Happy My favourite track was done some really awesome justice, and I love that track as much as I love the original soundtrack version (the ending theme, if you're curious).

Thank you for doing this. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Wyv

Gems 99

PostWyv Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated. Very Happy Who knows, maybe in a year's time or so, when I've gotten better, I'll redo the tracks that deserve a better quality. There are quite a few I'm looking at in particular. Smile
lucas_kelly11
Level 6: Stone Golum

Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 3,009

Postlucas_kelly11 Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If my internet wasn't running slow I would download it.
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan haet Megaupload. Sad Any chance of reuploading it to Rapidshare or Yousendit?

Gems 99

PostWyv Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my upload speed is incredibly slow and I'm rarely ever at home long enough during the week, it's unlikely to happen before next weekend, sorreh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Showcasing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: