The Undying TE Fanatic
Level 20: Guardian of Pandora
Joined: 04 Dec 2004
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.
|Jason Tandro Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:35 pm Post subject: Things That Every Newbie Should Know- Tips From The Veterans
|These are some tips for surviving in these forums, and a little bit of what you can expect!
1. Spam in Spam Central only, please!
2. Topics get derailed easily. Try to stay on topic, but if it happens, it happens. Just go with the flow.
3. Don't revive dead topics unless there has been an update in the subject matter! Let the dead rest!
4. There is no such thing as a superfluous thread or reply. Everything we do is irrevocably relevant.
5. Remember. Raini is the kween, eFlare is the king and Boxxleman is like God. He rarely shows up and when he does, you damn sight better pay attention.
6. We don't deal well with people are troublesome, loathers, flamers and serious spammers (IE-overly spamming everywhere) and ego-manics need not apply. However, good people who wish to get to know other good people, and (occasionally, if not always) have a hearty laugh, should come and join. You're more than welcome.
7. Nobody likes a smart-ass. We love them.
8. Your introduction thread will be hijacked and derailed with off-topic conversation. No exceptions. It will either be random, dirty, or randomly dirty.
9. Also, we don't have to make sense if we don't want to. Logic is overrated.
10. You can only be truly accepted into the ranks of the TE Elite, if you are able to deal with the constant barrage and assault of the insane veterans.
The Wilds of TerraEarth
11. Stay away from shiny buttons. -EverPhoenix
12. Watch out for flying bricks; it could happen anytime. -chicken
13. Girls bite. -chicken.
14. Beware the Mallet of Doom. -Rainichan
15. Never say you're the "darkness", we still have one. -Metall Ark
Rest in peace, old avatar.